Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Books on UFOs and extraterrestrials

TrumanB

Whether you are a believer or a sceptic I'd like to know do you read books about UFO and alien thematics. If the answer is positive, is there any that you would recommend? Maybe because you think that it offers a correct theory or just because it's a lot of fun.

I ran to this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98887.UFOs_and_the_National_Security_State_1

Did anyone read it? The author is a historian with good references.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 4

See you found Richard Dolan, there is a second book to that as well. There is another one you should read called "Admissible"...If your really into far fetched UFO reading material check out Timothy Green Beckley...a lot of his stuff is a little unbelievable though. Sean Casteel is another one....Want too go way back see Gray Barker's books. He is the one that supposedly introduced the Men In Black to the UFO community I think back in the 1950's.

• Thanks 1

I would like to read Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience.

It seems like an interesting case.

• Like 1

The walton case is a wonderful example of hoax

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 3/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, the13bats said:

The walton case is a wonderful example of hoax

What makes you think so? Apart from the fact that you don't accept that they exist.

• Like 1

The UFO Case Book by Kevin Randle https://www.amazon.com/UFO-Casebook-Kevin-D-Randle/dp/0446357154 It is another interesting read. It seek to trace the phenomenon through history. There is even a site devoted to it https://www.ufocasebook.com/

Edited by Scholar4Truth
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

What makes you think so? Apart from the fact that you don't accept that they exist.

huh? , what are you babbling about?

I "accept" walton exists,

Edited by the13bats

no comment. There is no point having communication with you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

no comment. There is no point having communication with you.

um, you said "no comnent" then commented, how ironic.

you already addresed me but if you changed your mind thats fine with me since you went and made up stuff about me when you posted....

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

if your remark is about the threads subject UFOs and extraterrestrials, then you lied about me,

Its not about "accepting" i do believe in UFOs which means " unidentified flying objects"  it doesnt means extraterrestrials,

i also think there might be life somewhere in the universe, there might even be intelligent life.

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

if your "they" is in reference to "alien abductions" then you are still wrong that i dont "accept" them i do, they might be bs to sell a book or hopefully a movie or a mental disorder but its not a case of aliens abducting people, zero evidence  of it, stories are not evidence, people claim of alien abduction so in that way they do exist.

When someone puts out an alleged experence  the hills, walton, allagash 4, g adamski, etc i read their alleged claims then i read other non biased objection writings, getting past never any evidence and all we have are unsubstantiated outlandish extraordinary tales and like they say it requires extraordinary proof, all they offer are stories for the gullible blind faith true believers who just jump to believe any story tossed at them.

as far you books to suggest, from your posts i would suspect you would like works by chris O'Brien, john keel, and stan gordon.

The Walton case is one of those more obvious hoaxes. The crew was looking for an excuse because they were about to be in default of their contract. They needed an excuse and this excuse saved them big money.

https://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-08-15/#feature

And none too soon, because Walton and his co-workers were about to miss their deadline of November 10th to finish the logging job, after which they would be docked 10 percent of the contract, unless an “Act of God” prevented completion. Enter the UFO.

Klass discovered that during the five days that Walton was missing none of his family or co-workers showed any concern whatsoever for his safety during several interviews by media and interrogations by law enforcement agents. His brother Duane confessed: “He’s not even missing. He knows where he’s at, and I know where he’s at.”

It's pretty clear there are some problems with the story and money was a big motive.

• Thanks 3

Casting the debate aside. There was a magazine back in the 1990's that had all kinds of ufo, cryptid, and paranormal stuff in it. (not the weekly world news), for the life of me I can't remember the name, but I bought an issue every time it came out. 

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

The Walton case is one of those more obvious hoaxes. The crew was looking for an excuse because they were about to be in default of their contract. They needed an excuse and this excuse saved them big money.

https://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-08-15/#feature

It's pretty clear there are some problems with the story and money was a big motive.

Thank you @stereologist. This is a sort of answer I was looking for.

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

If you choose to read more about the Travis Walton hoax you can learn some more here:

https://badufos.blogspot.com/2012/02/travis-walton-vs-philip-j-klass.html

UFOs The Public Deceived is a book that I would definitely like to read. Thank you.

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Casting the debate aside. There was a magazine back in the 1990's that had all kinds of ufo, cryptid, and paranormal stuff in it. (not the weekly world news), for the life of me I can't remember the name, but I bought an issue every time it came out. 

I believe it was Omni Magazine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omni_(magazine)

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 5:50 PM, TrumanB said:

Whether you are a believer or a sceptic I'd like to know do you read books about UFO and alien thematics. If the answer is positive, is there any that you would recommend? Maybe because you think that it offers a correct theory or just because it's a lot of fun.

I ran to this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98887.UFOs_and_the_National_Security_State_1

Did anyone read it? The author is a historian with good references.

I have not read that book but I think I will find it and read it.  I have read a lot of UFO and conspiracy books.  The only one that stands out from my childhood is Chariots of the Gods.  I thought The 12th Planet was interesting but hard to read because it was so dry.  I bought a book that I have only started called UFO's Over New Mexico by Preston Dennet.  The stories are chronological starting with the 1880's.  The Roswell incident gets 6 pages.  I have read a couple of books by Stan Romanek that were interesting, but very weird.  I have met him and had a couple of conversations with him.   I have read many that I did not keep so I don't remember the titles.  There used to be an organization that was trying to keep the stories from people that cultist in California had collected (he collected the people so this other guy collected their stories).  It included a story from my friend's dad that is on the wall of hoaxes in the Roswell UFO museum.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 4:04 AM, Minimalists said:

See you found Richard Dolan, there is a second book to that as well. There is another one you should read called "Admissible"...If your really into far fetched UFO reading material check out Timothy Green Beckley...a lot of his stuff is a little unbelievable though. Sean Casteel is another one....Want too go way back see Gray Barker's books. He is the one that supposedly introduced the Men In Black to the UFO community I think back in the 1950's.

For some reason that reminds me, there is a british author named Timothy Goode that writes a lot of UFO books.  His are like the UFOs Over New Mexico, short articles on lots of different themes and anecdotes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TrumanB said:

UFOs The Public Deceived is a book that I would definitely like to read. Thank you.

a book i want to see is "UFOs for Dummies" the first chapter tries to explain "UFO" doesnt mean "alien" it means unidentified flying objects and so far not one UFO has proven to be "extraterrestrial".

there could be another chapter devoted to true believers ridiculous ideas of a would wide cover up and that the day of disclosure is at hand.

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

a book i want to see is "UFOs for Dummies" the first chapter tries to explain "UFO" doesnt mean "alien" it means unidentified flying objects and so far not one UFO has proven to be "extraterrestrial".

there could be another chapter devoted to true believers ridiculous ideas of a would wide cover up and that the day of disclosure is at hand.

Let me know when you have it written. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Let me know when you have it written. 

do you really believe i could find a person willing to try to edit anything i wrote...lol.

• Haha 1

Above Top Secret: The Worldwide U.F.O. Cover-Up by Timothy Good is one of the groundbreaking books on the subject. A lot of people have read it and the cases are all well researched. It's a UFO classic published in 1988 and I think I first read it around 1990. Get it now...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Above Top Secret: The Worldwide U.F.O. Cover-Up by Timothy Good is one of the groundbreaking books on the subject. A lot of people have read it and the cases are all well researched. It's a UFO classic published in 1988 and I think I first read it around 1990. Get it now...

I have read that book. 

• Like 1

"Incident at Devil's Den" by retired attorney Terry Lovelace is pretty good. It tells his harrowing account of being abducted numerous times throughout his life. He's former Air Force, was Assistant Attorney General for American Samoa and State Attorney for Vermont Board of Medical Practice.

My thorough review of the book here: LINK

Also, Calvin Parker, one of the two men who was abducted by "robotic aliens" in the famous Pascagoula, Mississippi, event in 1974 finally broke his silence recently and published a book with his story. The other guy, Charles Hickson is dead, but he wrote his own book about it, too. Calvin's book is titled, "Pascagoula -- the Closest Encounter."

• Like 1

I have read some stories about aliens and how they live underground with a secret society and have deemed that content as sci-fiction.  The only thing I'm interested in is real amateur video of UFO's so I can see what they look like, - and what their capabilities are. I'm particularly interested in light speed or hyperspace. But that's it. Shoot em all after that.

Edited by brian100
typo