Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Hello with a question

Runebeast

Hello from Texas! This forum seems pretty interesting. I've been searching through the forum for a bit and wasn't sure which sub-forum I should ask this question in so if someone can direct me that would be awesome. My brother and I have been looking at taking a Supernatural inspired road trip around the south. The problem we've run into is that most of the areas we can go see or explore are now either heavily commercialized or very verbally now private property and the owners, by all rights, aren't thrilled about people trying to go to whatever site of note is on their property. We're basically looking for recommendations on where to go. Anywhere in the south is welcomed. Or if, as stated above, someone can point me to the appropriate sub-forum to ask this question I would appreciate it. Thank you.

• Like 3

Hello there, welcome to UM :)

I've moved this to the appropriate forum where hopefully you'll receive some answers. Good luck.

• Like 4

Do you have any idea if a particular route you may be taking?

• Like 1

Well in Florida you could always hit St. Augustine of course, perhaps Tampa. I know there are several ghost related tours and sights.

New Orleans of course, but be careful, it's recommended that you not go to alone to many sights unless you are on a tour (for crime reasons).

Edited by esoteric_toad
Can't spell.
  • Like 3

On 3/16/2019 at 2:54 AM, Runebeast said:

Hello from Texas! This forum seems pretty interesting. I've been searching through the forum for a bit and wasn't sure which sub-forum I should ask this question in so if someone can direct me that would be awesome. My brother and I have been looking at taking a Supernatural inspired road trip around the south. The problem we've run into is that most of the areas we can go see or explore are now either heavily commercialized or very verbally now private property and the owners, by all rights, aren't thrilled about people trying to go to whatever site of note is on their property. We're basically looking for recommendations on where to go. Anywhere in the south is welcomed. Or if, as stated above, someone can point me to the appropriate sub-forum to ask this question I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Just to confirm do you mean southeast or southwest?

The Point Lookout lighthouse in Maryland is supposed to be haunted. Took a fun tour there. It sits on a peninsula between the Patuxent and Potomac rivers.

There are ghost tours at Williamsburg in Virginia. Done those and they are fun.

• Like 2

Hi! I want to see the center of the universe in oklahoma personally. Sounds interesting.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Runebeast said:

No route planned yet. Just looking for ideas and planning the route once we have a few places. 

Then go west young man!  Hit the jail in las cruces, do the Tombstone AZ thing, then turn north for the Clown Hotel in Nevada maybe go west from there to the Winchester house.

• Like 5

Im on the other side of the county but when the guys delivered the refrigerator one acked if i was running a haunted B&B, nope, not open to the "living" public.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:17 PM, Farmer77 said:

Just to confirm do you mean southeast or southwest?

Anywhere south. Not picky. Just trying to not drive all the way to the upper corners of the States really.

Martha Washington In, Abingdon Virginia

Sensabaugh Tunnel, Kingsport Tn

21 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Also in Abingdon is the Barter Theater. It is haunted by a confederate soldier. 

You surprise me, I thought hauntings were not part of your beliefs.

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Also in Abingdon is the Barter Theater. It is haunted by a confederate soldier. 

And if you don’t find any ghosts you could always watch a play. 

I’ve seen a few there, they’re always good. 

35 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You surprise me, I thought hauntings were not part of your beliefs.

Just because something is not a part of my beliefs doesn't mean it is not entertaining.

Superheroes flying is fun. Why doesn't the blast from Ironman shred the people around him?  How does Superman fly? How can someone levitate? It doesn't matter to me if the movie is fun to watch.

Ghost stories are entertaining. The "behind the scenes" tour of the Barter Theater is fun as are the plays. When I took a group of Scouts to Philmont we stayed in the St James hotel in Cimarron. I sent the Scouts off to do some ghost hunting and made sure that they read all of the rules posted around the place. They came back with a photo showing a blur. It creeped them out. Made the trip extra fun for them and me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 8:54 AM, Farmer77 said:

Then go west young man!  Hit the jail in las cruces, do the Tombstone AZ thing, then turn north for the Clown Hotel in Nevada maybe go west from there to the Winchester house.

I was going to suggest that.  There is also a restaurant in Mesilla, which is close to Las Cruces, that is supposed to be haunted.  Fort Seldon is just north of Las Cruces, it would be a good place, though no one does ghost tours. Also, a restaraunt called the Luna Mansion in Los Lunas, 20 miles south of Albuquerque and old town Albuquerque has a ghost tour.  The oldest church is in that plaza.  I know lots of places claim the oldest church but the conquistadors hit the Albuquerque area on their way to California and left a preist at every place that had people.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 7:04 AM, stereologist said:

Just because something is not a part of my beliefs doesn't mean it is not entertaining.

Superheroes flying is fun. Why doesn't the blast from Ironman shred the people around him?  How does Superman fly? How can someone levitate? It doesn't matter to me if the movie is fun to watch.

Ghost stories are entertaining. The "behind the scenes" tour of the Barter Theater is fun as are the plays. When I took a group of Scouts to Philmont we stayed in the St James hotel in Cimarron. I sent the Scouts off to do some ghost hunting and made sure that they read all of the rules posted around the place. They came back with a photo showing a blur. It creeped them out. Made the trip extra fun for them and me.

When I lived in Dallas my friends and I talked about going to the St. James hotel but never made it.  I bet that was a fun trip for the scouts.  

We did go to the Aurora graveyard that supposedly has the grave of an 'alien', an air ship crashed on a ranch in that area in 1894.  It was a lot of fun, though I was the only one who could stand the heat as it was July when we went.

Edited by Desertrat56