Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The weight of a rock

Hanslune

Dwayne Johnson weighs 119 kilos. 

• Haha 3

Maybe more, lil' Dwayne looks a bit wider than usual on the Titan Games ...

~

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Just advertising here to all you posters with an ability in maths that over in Fun and Games there is a thread called Mathematics Brain Teaser that needs your support as it suffers from a lack of contributors. Your contribution and participation would be more than welcome. :)

"'acursed are those who dabble in the arcane mysteries of numerology and the mixing of numbers with heretical signs, associations and false equivalencies "

-quote from a dead person who didn't think highly of maths

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

"'acursed are those who dabble in the arcane mysteries of numerology and the mixing of numbers with heretical signs, associations and false equivalencies "

-quote from a dead person who didn't think highly of maths

Numerology??!! Numerology is to mathematics what astrology is to astrophysics! 

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Numerology??!! Numerology is to mathematics what astrology is to astrophysics! 

Wrong word - I should have used the word that describes people intensely interested in numbers, maths and etc., etc.

May I suggest you drop a note in another underutilized mathematics heavy sub-forum here: http://www.hallofmaat.com/list.php?8

Edited by Hanslune

11 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Just advertising here to all you posters with an ability in maths that over in Fun and Games there is a thread called Mathematics Brain Teaser that needs your support as it suffers from a lack of contributors. Your contribution and participation would be more than welcome. :)

Well, I do that stuff for a living.

I don't come here for shop talk. :)

Harte

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Well, I do that stuff for a living.

I don't come here for shop talk. :)

Harte

So do I! :) It's just idle fun but more contributors would make it more interesting and more fun, no? A lot of people on this 'Weight of a Rock' thread, including yourself, did engage in shop talk, as you put it, by calculating the rock's weight so why not on the Mathematics Brain Teaser thread? What harm is it?

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Wrong word - I should have used the word that describes people intensely interested in numbers, maths and etc., etc.

I thought you were quoting a dead person. Did they not use the word numerology?

May I suggest you drop a note in another underutilized mathematics heavy sub-forum here: http://www.hallofmaat.com/list.php?8

Sorry. I was just looking for contributors to another thread started by Danydandan on THIS forum. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Ozymandias

59 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

So do I! :) It's just idle fun but more contributors would make it more interesting and more fun, no? A lot of people on this 'Weight of a Rock' thread, including yourself, did engage in shop talk, as you put it, by calculating the rock's weight so why not on the Mathematics Brain Teaser thread? What harm is it?

Just a joke man.

Like most of my posts.

Harte

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Sorry. I was just looking for contributors to another thread started by Danydandan on THIS forum. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah you can invite those lonely souls here.

• Like 1

It's just Dan and Ozy I think. But I posted there.

Harte

• Like 1

I should ask my kids, age 7 and 11, what they think it weighs. I was driving them around today and they were talking about Algebra as a topic of fun discussion.... the weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4