Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Birth order may not shape personality

26 posts in this topic

Desertrat56
On 3/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, Goddess of the Mist said:

In my family, it wasn't about birth order at all.  It was about whether you were a boy or girl.  My brothers both got tons of support from my parents and basically could do no wrong.  We are in our 40's and 50's now and it's still the same.  My sister and I were both basically cast out to fend for ourselves as soon as we were old enough.  I'm sure that had something to do with how our personality was shaped.

Yes, in my family birth order was only second to gender.  Being the oldest, and a girl, I was responsible for my siblings, the house work and cooking, but my brother who was the oldest son got the privledges.  My youngest brother was the whipping boy and my sister, who was born premature and not expected to survive the first year, was protected from most of the ridiculous strife we lived with.  There are too many factors to pick one and say that is the rule.  Psychology is rife with this kind of psuedo scientific mumbo jumbo.

• Like 1