Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Attempting 2 merge physics and the paranormal

macqdor

Take the time to learn you seem to be quite close minded about these issues.

LOL, I could say the same about you.  You've been supporting my argument for quite some time now.

Gravity is real. String theory is not  Its a formula yet to be proven. 

We all know gravity is real 

String theory is still being debated. Present company especially . Back to you.

;-)

@DingoLingo

Not sure what you meant in this post.

32 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Some theories in science are.

Lots matter of fact. @stereologist

It's probably wrong despite many posters here trying to assist you in understanding what a theory is in science.

Theories in science cannot be proven. Horta and Dingo Lingo have tried to help you understand this. Mathematical theories are only proofs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, macqdor said:

LOL, I could say the same about you.  You've been supporting my argument for quite some time now.

You continue to exhibit a failure to read and comprehend.

You have provided nothing but stories and amazingly incorrect ideas about what science entails. You have no argument.

They have their opinion.  I have mine. Some theories are proven later to be true. Some theories stay theories for a considerable long time. 

Others get proven. Can a theory be updated or revised? Of course. It can also be discarded.  Depends on the data. If science cant figure out it's own theories then it certainly cant figure out the paranormal.  Some events being reported. Which in itself begets more theories. And that my dear sir is where we are right now.

The crossroads of paranormal and science i.e. physics  theres a hidden truth. An elusive truth I might add that acts at will and creates topics like this.

@stereologist

Edited by macqdor

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

They have there opinion.  I have mine. Some theories are proven later to be true. Some theories stay theories for a considerable long time. 

Others get proven. Can a theory be updated or revised? Of course. It can also be discarded.  Depends on the data. If science cant figure out it's own theories then it certainly cant figure the paranormal.  Some events being reported. Which in itself begets more theories. 

@stereologist

Let's go over this yet AGAIN!

Scientific theories can never be proven. There is no "Some theories are proven later to be true."

All theories stay theories. Theories in science cannot be proven. They explain facts. If facts arise that disprove the theory then the theory is modified or rejected in favor of a better theory.

An example is the theory of gravity that was replaced with the theory of relativity.

Rejected theories include spontaneous generation and phlogiston.

All scientific theories explain facts. They are based on facts, which come from evidence.

There is no evidence for the paranormal. Therefore, there are no facts concerning the paranormal. Therefore there is no scientific theory of the paranormal.

It is not possible to merge the science of physics with the non-scientific paranormal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, macqdor said:

*snip*

@Timothy

Answer:   google The Bothell Hell House radio interviews

You're a bizarre person; that's all I was able to conclude from listening to that subjective crap passively last night and this morning.

I didn't have much faith that I would find any evidence in audio interviews, when your written English and reading comprehension, debating skills etc. are so bad here. It's been the same since you joined. And yes I agree, you've never provided any compelling evidence here.

So where is it? Where's the evidence? Not here on UM (except for the people you claim have it, but not posted publicly, and no one else has verified that they have it), not on your website, not in the long and horrible interviews (I only listened to two, while doing other things, but that's definitely a large enough sample size in this case), not in your books etc. So, is it in the screenplay?

You say you're an IT professional multiple times, and I don't doubt that. And I'm not trying to be an ********, but your story just doesn't add up.

So can you at least explain why your written communication skills are so bad here? Again, it's just another element of your multifaceted failure to live up to the scrutiny of your claims.

Things never make sense with you Keith.

Edited by Timothy
Typo.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

How could someone possibly know this little about science, and also the basics of English 'common word usage' (and misuse)?

Oh wait, I forgot - those are actually the pre-requisites for being a paranormal enthusiast.

Added...  BTW, I'm here (and I'm sure many others shame my p-o-v - but that's just a theory... :D ) .. because I don't like seeing spam and misinformation and usupported claims and downright lies posted on what should be an educational forum.  Questioning our presence on UM, a forum designed to solve REAL mysteries (not the handwaved bull**** being thrown at the fan here), is a worn-out tactic used by the worst tinfoilhatters.  It won't wash here.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah personal attacks. How golden! U guys live in a bubble called forums. No ones trying to impress you here. I know I'm not.  It amazes me u still come to threads I start - based on your previous post.

U dont know me. What u know about me is what I want u to know about me remember that.  Sorry googles not your friend. Got R.I.F?

Spend the rest of your life trying to figure it out.

Until then. See u at my next post.

@Timothy

@ChrLzs

11 hours ago, macqdor said:

Once again you're wrong. Scientists have thought up theories and later determined them to be true.

Think again

Wrong. You can reinforce a scientific theory, but cannot prove them.

It appears that you are also confused with the words conjecture, and hypothesis.

You really need to learn what science is all about.

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

Ah personal attacks. How golden! U guys live in a bubble called forums. No ones trying to impress you here. I know I'm not.  It amazes me u still come to threads I start - based on your previous post.

U dont know me. What u know about me is what I want u to know about me remember that.  Sorry googles not your friend. Got R.I.F?

@Timothy

@ChrLzs

Have you ever considered that your flailing, failing, rambling and run on errors are amusing?

Take this joke: "U dont know me." Unlike you we can read and comprehend your posts. Your posts tell us who you are.

1. You are the author of a laughable hoax that only fools the extremely gullible.

2. You have repeatedly stated you are incompetent in collecting evidence to support your stories

3. Despite many attempts to help you learn the meaning of words such as a scientific or mathematical theory you adamantly refuse to learn.

That tells me a lot about you.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, macqdor said:

Scientists have thought up theories and later determined them to be true.

what? regarding the paranormal? well this is news to me- got an example? i'm all ears:sleepy:

If I'm wrong so are other scientists,  other physicists.  That's all I've been quoting and using to support the argument that'l string theory is a theory.  It's less factual than the Poltergeist phenomena.  I know 5 people personally who've lived the "geist: phenomena.  

How many people u know seen strings lol?

@stereologist

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

If I'm wrong so are other scientists,  other physicists

you said stuff has been determined to be true. if this is the case you can't be wrong about it= think before you speak

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

If I'm wrong so are other scientists,  other physicists.  That's all I've been quoting and using to support the argument that'l string theory is a theory.  It's less factual than the Poltergeist phenomena.  I know 5 people personally who've lived the "geist: phenomena.  

How many people u know seen strings lol?

@stereologist

That's not true. Please name these other scientists.

You seem to be hooked on string theory which is a mathematical framework. As I already showed it is not based on empirical evidence.

What we do know is that you are again lying. The fact is that string theory has made predictions that are correct. There is no evidence for poltergeists. Thus there are no facts about poltergeists. There are stories. There are also hoaxes such as the one you promote.

Once again you have revealed who you are: someone unable to learn and comprehend.

You also reveal that you cannot tell a mathematical theory from a scientific theory. No surprise there since you still don't understand the meaning of theory in either of those disciplines.

Scroll up. Who u think I've been quoting.  All the world physicist are not sold on string theory. Which proves it being real is a WIP.

I'm not focused on string theory.  That's one example out of many I can point to where science has a theory that's yet to be proven.

9 hours ago, macqdor said:

@Timothy

@ChrLzs

Sincerely trying to make sense of you.

Also sincerely trying to protect the more gullible from believing BS that people post here too.

Sometimes the two collide. You're pretty loud, so you will get the same back. Equal and opposite reaction type stuff.

It also doesn't matter who you are. If you can't back your claims you have nothing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, macqdor said:

Scroll up. Who u think I've been quoting.  All the world physicist are not sold on string theory. Which proves it being real is a WIP.

I'm not focused on string theory.  That's one example out of many I can point to where science has a theory that's yet to be proven.

It's a mathematical framework. Of course, it is not sold. I've already reported that.

Every theory is a work in progress. Why can't you understand these basic ideas?

No scientific theory can be proven? re you really that incapable of reading and understanding basic ideas?

@Timothy

You want to know how I know your sincerity @Timothyi.e. interests in my case (my old house) are not true?  You ask me for reports, etc in open forum.  This thread (I created) that you and others (with your view) always seem to accidentally fall into is not about my house.  You guys bring up my house. My case more than I do.   You insert the topic into the discussion, not me.  This thread as the subject title says is about  Attempting 2 merge physics and the paranormal.

What you want from me you could have easily asked via private message.  That's why this forum has email functionality. So you can email individuals privately for topics unrelated to the post.

There's an old proverb that you forgot that says "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" 

You could've had that report ages ago had you asked properly (via email)   That's how others got it.   But we both know the report is not what you're after.    What you're after  I categorize as 

• gotcha game
  • gatekeeping
  • serving as a nuisance on the thread as a way of preventing intelligent discussion around poltergeist phenomena 

I'm here to discuss the paranormal as it relates to physics. Care to contribute to the topic at hand?

PS

emailing me now won't get you the report.  The full report, fire dept report. 

That ships done sailed already

Have a great day!

Once again we have the reassurance from maqcdor that he is promoting a hoax.

He won't provide evidence and has now some childish reason for denying providing evidence.

It's a hoax. There is no evidence. That is what poltergeist malarkey is about - nothing, but tall tales and hoaxes.

Science on the other hand collects evidence, identifies facts, and creates theories to verify that it properly and correctly describes the facts.

Until the paranormal gets past the multitude of excuses it will always  be a pseudoscience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That is what poltergeist malarkey is about - nothing, but tall tales and hoaxes

Not so, and if you really believed that, you would not even be talking about it.

3 minutes ago, macqdor said:

I like how you by default claim absence of evidence means automatic hoax. Intellectual wise that's so ludicrous.

@stereologist

I didn't claim that. Again your reading and comprehension is poor.

The only thing ludicrous is your inability to understand what other people post.

• The topic was locked