Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Attempting 2 merge physics and the paranormal

macqdor

Just now, macqdor said:

Read the links !

@stereologist I dont do people's home work.  U see the links.  U read them.  All of them.

@notspoonfeeding

I knew it. You lied.

Keep  believing that.

I can lead a horse to water. But I can't make him drink.

You have to read the articles, books, pdf's yourself.  u wont though.  Because they dont support your argument

The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next Lee Smolin ... A theory has failed to make any predictions ...............................

THEORY.jpg

You lied. It is confirmed.

You lied. I expected you to lie because that is what  you do with the hoax you are promoting.

Someone who made up the Washington state poltergeist hoax must be used to telling lies.

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

all you do is make juvenile excuses about not posting evidence

This.  Over and over and over again from Macqdor AKA Keith Linder.  And his ignorance of the REAL, verifiable, supported evidence for things like string/QM theory really backs up his own admission that he doesn't 'do' science.

If you don't do science, Keith, then don't call yourself an investigator or researcher.

And of course he still hasn't explained why his explanation for the non-recording of polterduck activity has now completely changed....

• Like 1

What we have here are copyright violations since there are no links to the original source.

Furthermore, as I suspected this copyright violation was done to avoid showing that it predates my link earlier in the thread by 8 years.

Sorry dude.  When Roger Penrose starts calling string theory a "fantasy, Faith, fashion"   its time to give it up.  You loss

One of the best minds in science Roger Penrose.

let the character assassination of Roger begin LOL

For Penrose, on the other hand, string theory’s "stranglehold on developments in fundamental physics has been stultifying”. He exposes a series of technical holes in the theory, questioning, in the tone of a bemused schoolmaster, why they have not been seriously addressed. The implication is that string theorists are too caught up in following their field’s latest fashions to be worried about the foundational problems of the theory.

NON-FICTION 
Fashion, Faith and Fantasy in the New Physics of the Universe 
by Roger Penrose 

@stereologist

Just now, macqdor said:

Sorry dude.  When Roger Penrose starts calling string theory a "fantasy, Faith, fashion"   its time to give it up.  You loss

One of the best minds in science Roger Penrose.

let the character assassination of Roger begin LOL

NON-FICTION 
Fashion, Faith and Fantasy in the New Physics of the Universe 
by Roger Penrose 

@stereologist

It was never a scientific theory in the first place. You openly LIED that the links stated they did. You LIED.

Not sure what you are going on about.

Penrose is a mathematician and is pointing out this is math and not science. Are you so incompetent you can't understand that?

• Like 1

Know your criticizing Roger ?  LOL

Sir Roger Penrose OM FRS (born 8 August 1931) is an English mathematical physicist, mathematician and philosopher of science. He is Emeritus Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics in the University of Oxford and Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College, Oxford.

Penrose has made contributions to the mathematical physics of general relativity and cosmology. He has received several prizes and awards, including the 1988 Wolf Prize for physics, which he shared with Stephen Hawking for the Penrose–Hawking singularity theorems.[1]

Dude give it up.

Rogers one of the most smartest men on the planet where physics is concerned.

LOL  you sinking man.  Learn to stop

Penrose has been awarded many prizes for his contributions to science. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 1972. In 1975, Stephen Hawking and Penrose were jointly awarded the Eddington Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society. In 1985, he was awarded the Royal Society Royal Medal. Along with Stephen Hawking, he was awarded the prestigious Wolf Foundation Prize for Physics in 1988. In 1989 he was awarded the Dirac Medal and Prize of the British Institute of Physics. In 1990 Penrose was awarded the Albert Einstein Medal for outstanding work related to the work of Albert Einstein by the Albert Einstein Society. In 1991, he was awarded the Naylor Prize of the London Mathematical Society. From 1992 to 1995 he served as President of the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation. In 1994, Penrose was knighted for services to science.[33] In the same year he was also awarded an Honorary Degree (Doctor of Science) by the University of Bath.[34] In 1998, he was elected Foreign Associate of the United States National Academy of Sciences. In 2000 he was appointed to the Order of Merit. In 2004 he was awarded the De Morgan Medal for his wide and original contributions to mathematical physics. To quote the citation from the London Mathematical Society:

His deep work on General Relativity has been a major factor in our understanding of black holes. His development of Twistor Theory has produced a beautiful and productive approach to the classical equations of mathematical physics. His tilings of the plane underlie the newly discovered quasi-crystals.[35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose

@stereologist

Just now, macqdor said:

Know your criticizing Roger ?  LOL

Dude give it up.

Rogers one of the most smartest men on the planet where physics is concerned.

LOL  you sinking man.  Learn to stop

You are a liar. You lied that scientists called string theory a scientific theory.

You are a LIAR. There is no other word for it. You are a LIAR.

You are also one of the poorest educated posters. Your posts make that abundantly clear.

Penrose is a mathematician and is pointing out this is math and not science. Are you so incompetent you can't understand that?

Yes you are incompetent and haven't a clue as post your straw man arguments.

you lost man. you lost. Bye bye. Learn hot accept defeat. 

Penrose has been awarded many prizes for his contributions to science. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 1972. In 1975, Stephen Hawking and Penrose were jointly awarded the Eddington Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society. In 1985, he was awarded the Royal Society Royal Medal. Along with Stephen Hawking, he was awarded the prestigious Wolf Foundation Prize for Physics in 1988. In 1989 he was awarded the Dirac Medal and Prize of the British Institute of Physics. In 1990 Penrose was awarded the Albert Einstein Medal for outstanding work related to the work of Albert Einstein by the Albert Einstein Society. In 1991, he was awarded the Naylor Prize of the London Mathematical Society. From 1992 to 1995 he served as President of the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation. In 1994, Penrose was knighted for services to science.[33] In the same year he was also awarded an Honorary Degree (Doctor of Science) by the University of Bath.[34] In 1998, he was elected Foreign Associate of the United States National Academy of Sciences. In 2000 he was appointed to the Order of Merit. In 2004 he was awarded the De Morgan Medal for his wide and original contributions to mathematical physics. To quote the citation from the London Mathematical Society:

His deep work on General Relativity has been a major factor in our understanding of black holes. His development of Twistor Theory has produced a beautiful and productive approach to the classical equations of mathematical physics. His tilings of the plane underlie the newly discovered quasi-crystals.[35]

In 2005 Penrose was awarded an honorary doctorate by Warsaw University and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), and in 2006 by the University of York. In 2008 Penrose was awarded the Copley Medal. He is also a Distinguished Supporter of Humanists UK and one of the patrons of the Oxford University Scientific Society. In 2011, Penrose was awarded the Fonseca Prize by the University of Santiago de Compostela. In 2012, Penrose was awarded the Richard R. Ernst Medal by ETH Zürich for his contributions to science and strengthening the connection between science and society. In 2015 Penrose was awarded an honorary doctorate by CINVESTAV-IPN (Mexico)

I know for a fact you never heard of this guy.  Based on your reaction

7 minutes ago, macqdor said:

you lost man. you lost. Bye bye. Learn hot accept defeat. 

I know for a fact you never heard of this guy.  Based on your reaction

I know who Penrose is. I don't have to look him up.

A person like you that is incompetent and uneducated should look into people like Penrose.

Yes you are incompetent and haven't a clue as you post your straw man arguments.

Basically your straw man argument is to attack string theory, a mathematical theory. Go for it.

I never defended string theory. That's a straw man argument you have conjured up because you are a loser in the debate.

Does it make you feel good to copy and paste material you can't read?

Edited by stereologist

Enough with the bickering and derogatory personal remarks please.

You both have diametrically opposing viewpoints about the paranormal and no amount of bickering is going to alter the fact that your views are totally incompatible. Instead of arguing about string theory and trying to score points against one another - why not just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Dude Roger Penrose is one of the smartest minds in science.  Period!     His awards, studies are beyond approach. 

He just called your theory a fantasy.  The more you try, the more silly you look

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Dude Roger Penrose is one of the smartest minds in science.  Period!     His awards, studies are beyond approach. 

He just called your theory a fantasy.  The more you try, the more silly you look

Stop the lies. This is not my theory, nor am I defending it.

I m pointing out your continued failure to understand the difference between a mathematical theory and a scientific theory.

I want t point out that you lied again.

You wrote " He just called your theory a fantasy. "

According to the article at https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/a-giant-of-physics-takes-string-theory-quantum-mechanics-and-inflation-to-task

In particular, he calls string theory a “fashion”, quantum mechanics “faith”, and cosmic inflation a “fantasy”.

Bolding mine.

Since cosmic inflation is new to the thread it is clear you lied - AGAIN!

Penrose is a mathematician and is pointing out this is math and not science. Why don't you understand that?

Your not reading.  Your focusing on labels.  Thats what skeptics do when their argument goes south.  U keep moving the goalpost.  I posted the WIKI link which you keep claiming you can't find.  The link shows Mr. Penrose's accolades and achievements in Physics.   In science.  The many houses of science that he's a life long member of.   No one in science would say Mr Roger is not a physicists.   Only you LOL.

His discipline (he has proven) transcends over multiple science disciplines.    Like I said earlier. Your cherry pick your facts.   I know Roger knows what he's talking about. You I'm not so sure.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/a-giant-of-physics-takes-string-theory-quantum-mechanics-and-inflation-to-task

Penrose is well placed to make such sweeping judgements. He has been a giant of physics and mathematics for five decades, making many deep, original insights into topics ranging from black hole physics and the origin of the universe to art and fundamental geometry. For example, his exploration of “impossible“ objects, such as the Penrose Stairs, inspired the artist M.C. Escher to create some of his most famous woodcuts, including Ascending and Descending and Waterfall. In the estimation of the Perimeter Institute’s Lee Smolin, “there is no one who has contributed more to our understanding of the general theory of relativity, save Einstein himself, than Roger Penrose.”

you can ignore these quotes (in bold) all you want. u lost your argument.

@stereologist

Edited by macqdor

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Your not reading.  Your focusing on labels.  Thats what skeptics do when their argument goes south.  U keep moving the goalpost.  I posted the WIKI link which you keep claiming you can't find.  The link shows Mr. Penrose's accolades and achievements in Physics.   In science.  The many houses of science that he's a life long member of.   No one in science would say Mr Roger is not a physicists.   Only you LOL.

His discipline (he has proven) transcends over multiple science disciplines.    Like I said earlier. Your cherry pick your facts.   I know Roger knows what he's talking about. You I'm not so sure.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/a-giant-of-physics-takes-string-theory-quantum-mechanics-and-inflation-to-task

you can ignore these quotes (in bold) all you want. u lost your argument.

@stereologist

Penrose is a mathematician and is pointing out this is math and not science. Why don't you understand that?

You are repeating what the article states. I know that.

The problem is that there is a difference between a mathematical theory and a scientific theory. Penrose questions the math, not the science.Why don't you understand that?

Your bolding points to Penrose and does not fix your glaring blunders.

Am I wrong in that if one scientist disagrees with a theory it doesn't invalidate the theory and in fact only adds to the scientific method to either further a theory, revise it or perhaps, eventually "dispel" it? I don't think it completely kills a theory, I'm pretty sure about that.

• Like 2

blunders?

you just got check mated and you don't even realize it.

I understand though.  Its hard to refute Roger Penrose.   Trust me I get it.  The man knows his stuff.   Unlike string theory, some  of his theories has been proven true.

PENROSE CALLS STRING THEORY A “FASHION”, QUANTUM MECHANICS “FAITH”, AND COSMIC INFLATION A “FANTASY”.

Maybe you should call a time out and go read why Roger call's string theory a fantasy?  Take a few hours?

@stereologist

For Penrose, on the other hand, string theory’s "stranglehold on developments in fundamental physics has been stultifying”. He exposes a series of technical holes in the theory, questioning, in the tone of a bemused schoolmaster, why they have not been seriously addressed. The implication is that string theorists are too caught up in following their field’s latest fashions to be worried about the foundational problems of the theory.

Just now, esoteric_toad said:

Am I wrong in that if one scientist disagrees with a theory it doesn't invalidate the theory and in fact only adds to the scientific method to either further a theory, revise it or perhaps, eventually "dispel" it? I don't think it completely kills a theory, I'm pretty sure about that.

I have pointed out that all theories require consensus, testing, and confirmation.

Most of the latest discussion has been a straw man argument in which someone pretends that finding dissension must mean I am wrong when I am not a defender of any of these theories. It is simply a ludicrous illogical construct.

Even the steady state theory still has adherents today. went to  lecture by one such person. Been to several creationist lectures as well to see what they have to say.

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

you just got check mated and you don't even realize it.

I understand though.  Its hard to refute Roger Penrose.   Trust me I get it.  The man knows his stuff.   Unlike string theory, some  of his theories has been proven true.

Maybe you should call a time out and go read why Roger call's string theory a fantasy?  Take a few hours?

@stereologist

I'm not refuting Penrose. I am refuting your bizarre claims about Penrose.

I am refuting you bizarre ideas about science.

I am refuting your bizarre tall tales of poltergeists.

And you finish with a LIE. That's what liars do. Penrose does not call the mathematical theory called string theory a fantasy. He calls it a fashion.

If you ever read the article you'd learn that he questions the math, not the science.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked