Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just saying HI

weareIF

Hi guys,

I am new here and looking to get to know more people interested in the UFO phenomena. I am a keen follower and often put my feelings into video form on my youtube channel. I want to go a little deeper in my research and I am reaching out to communities of believers to gain knowledge and make new friends.

I look forward to hopefully getting know a few of you guys

Best wishes

IF.

CaptureFGFGFGF.PNG

Edited by weareIF
grammar
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, weareIF said:

I want to go a little deeper in my research

Hi and welcome to UM.

Start your research with the NASA site and have a good read and research astronomy

It is concerned with the evolution, physics, chemistry, meteorology, and motion of celestial objects, as well as the formation and development of the universe.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/astronomy.htm

This will help you understand why ufo crafts are not visiting Earth (incase you think they are).

You will find the majority of us do believe we are not alone in the universe in terms of lifeforms. But lifeforns could be anything which is living, it does not mean an advanced alien race flying around the universe in spaceships.

As for alien crafts flying around our planet, certainly not in my book. I hope you do start your research with what i recommend, an understanding of our planet and our Universe should give you an indication as to why the (ufo's) people think are alien crafts -  are not. 

Have a look at some of the explanations of lights or alien debunks on here too.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Hi there,weareIF :st Welcome to UM.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard. :tu:

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Start your research with the NASA site and have a good read and research astronomy

This will help you understand why ufo crafts are not visiting Earth (incase you think they are).

The argument that it is impossible for an extraterrestrial civilization to have ever visited Earth due to the distances involved is kind of like someone in the 17th century making the assertion that mankind will never reach the Moon because sailing ships can't fly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Saru said:

The argument that it is impossible for an extraterrestrial civilization to have ever visited Earth due to the distances involved is kind of like someone in the 17th century making the assertion that mankind will never reach the Moon because sailing ships can't fly.

The voice of reason! :)

• Like 3

Thanks for all the replies its nice to meet you thanks for the tips and advice. I often use MUFON and NASA but I also source many of the stories I cover from forums like these, this is the reason I want to dig deeper the more I learn the more questions I have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saru said:

My argument is not that they have never visited Earth, the Earth is over 4.5 billion years old, humans ancestors around 6 million. As a species we have evolved into modern day humans, it is posible the 'seed' for life came on a comet, but as for a civilized race, we certainly was not that race, and there is no indication of a civilized race visiting Earth and leaving anything behind to show they were here ( not even the building of the pyramids idea :rolleyes:). 

I believe there is life out there, but it does not mean an advanced species flying to Earth.

The thing we have today is people believing we are being visited and some are being abducted.

We have enough astronomers watching the skies and the technology  to spot anything coming within our atmoshere and we have nothing showing we have been visited by any alien crafts. 

We are not living in the 17th century, we are living in a time where we know a lot more about our universe. We live in a age of man made satelites, spacecrafts, aircrafts and lights and are aware of natural phenomena. 

If someone wants to believe aliens are visiting Earth i think they should also research astronomy and what we know about our universe so far. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

If someone wants to believe aliens are visiting Earth i think they should also research astronomy and what we know about our universe so far. 

But how does researching astronomy help someone "understand why UFOs are not visiting Earth" ?

there is no indication of a civilized race visiting Earth and leaving anything behind to show they were here

To quote Carl Sagan - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

• Like 5

Welcome to the forums weareIF, have fun and enjoy. 

• Like 2

Welcome you will find many ufo's here :-)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saru said:

But how does researching astronomy help someone "understand why UFOs are not visiting Earth" ?

It will help some to understand why lights they think are ufo's could be one of the many man made objects out there or a natural phenomena.

I am not saying we are alone in the universe, but we have enough technology today and astronomers watching the skies from all corners of the Earth, that i can not believe that they would all miss an alien craft arriving, coming through our atmosphere, hovering about a bit, maybe do a bit of abducting and then fly off again. 

I believe if an alien craft did visit our planet during mans life time, from where we are now, it would be spotted by many and we would really know about it. 

3 hours ago, Saru said:

To quote Carl Sagan - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

This is true when it comes to what is out there in our Universe, obviously, as we are reletively still in the early staged, but we know how to watch our skies and astronomers and many others can tell what is a piece of space debris, meteorite, man made flying machine, balloon or natural phenomena.

Those claiming aliens are visiting Earth with photos or videos = are producing what they believe is evidence, and none of it has confirmed alien presence. 

• Like 1

Welcome to UM weareIF  :st

• Like 2

14 hours ago, freetoroam said:

we would really know about it. 

john-cleese-no.gif

No! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightAngel said:

john-cleese-no.gif

No! 

What do you mean by no? If we never knew about it, there would be nothing to report in the first place.

All those which claim to have seen alien crafts are claiming to know about it,  the thing is, the lights they see are either man made devises or a natural phenomena. Hence why i recommend they do some research on the space and astronomers site,  even have a look at combine harvesters at night. :yes:

12 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What do you mean by no?

No.

Means.....

NO!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LightAngel said:

No.

Means.....

NO!

Do you have an explanation as to why we would not spot an alien craft visiting Earth?

From the reports from those claiming they have seen their lights, why do you think the astronomers and people like NASA who have a front seat in space, have not spotted them? 

... how about because they are not alien crafts?

But you think otherwise, explain it to me.