Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Hanslune

Pseudoarchaeology Timeline

43 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ShadowSot

Wouldn't the attribution of Mycenean construction to cyclops fit into this? 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hanslune
11 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Wouldn't the attribution of Mycenean construction to cyclops fit into this? 

 

Howdy ShadowSot - long time no read.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you explain please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Howdy ShadowSot - long time no read.

Same, good to see you. 

6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you explain please?

Post their collapse, Greek writers attributed the larger megalithic constructions of the Mycenean and others as works done by cyclops. 

 Gives us the phrase "cyclopean masonry." 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Same, good to see you. 

Post their collapse, Greek writers attributed the larger megalithic constructions of the Mycenean and others as works done by cyclops. 

 Gives us the phrase "cyclopean masonry." 

Oh I see a OLD pseudo-archaeological hoax - well we can blame their religion for that one and the existence of mammoth/mastodon skulls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Oh I see a OLD pseudo-archaeological hoax - well we can blame their religion for that one and the existence of mammoth/mastodon skulls

I don't know about hoax, but certainly pseudo archaeology and definitely has influence on the modern stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarocal
11 hours ago, Piney said:

That's the funniest part. They are that lazy.

I had one of his followers ask me if I used Google Earth to find the debris field from the Toms River event. :lol:

I said no, I was sifting a lot of sand all over South Jersey. 

Which brings me to another crackup. They only make theories about craters they can see........on Google Earth.

Then you have those idiot Carolina Bay theorists. Sorry I poked them from New Jersey to Georgia looking for Clovisy thingies. They are nothing but thermokarst basins.

Yoh should have been looking for Solutrean Lithic materials. They were here before Clovis.:D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Yoh should have been looking for Solutrean Lithic materials. They were here before Clovis.:D

I was looking for that at one time too. I like Dennis Stanford and Anthony Bonofiglio. But this thing called "genetics" ruined the whole idea. There are still Germanic Neopagans who promoter it though.

So shouldn't you be reverse engineering rocks to prove they were either poured or carved?  :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BorizBadinov
16 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Was that the Templar treasure one? That the Smithsonian supposedly descended on and took everything from?

Yes the story was about both Egyptian ruins and the Smithsonian backing which led into claims that they ransacked it and destroyed the opening. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Piney said:

I actually think that too. As with @Doug1o29

Hey Doug! Maybe you should join this thread! 

I have wondered if the reports of a native American woman being taken to Iceland might have been involved with the Penny. Just a fantastical thought.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/11/icelanders-descended-from-native-americans/#.XJJk2bhryUk

Oh and slackers who are not aware of the Maine Penny

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_penny

I knew a lot about it as one of my college friends was very passionate about the Norse in NA and spent his life searching for their signs of habitation. He was sure the Norse had left more sites than L'anse aux Meadows and that modern structures were sitting atop these. He looked for forty years but found - nothing.

norse-maine-silver-penny.jpg

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I knew a lot about it as one of my college friends was very passionate about the Norse in NA and spent his life searching for their signs of habitation. He was sure the Norse had left more sites than L'anse aux Meadows and that modern structures were sitting atop these. He looked for forty years but found - nothing.

A lot of people forget about the Basque fishermen too.

I had a interesting item that was stolen with the rest of my collection while I was in prison. I dug a Swedish cabin-trading post in the center of a major village location cir. 1640s.

It was a Swedish "trade celt". Instead of having a pole and hole, it was constructed exactly like a Eastern Woodland celt except out of iron. I remember seeing another one being flashed around as proof of Roman or Celtic contact but I don't remember where. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

A lot of people forget about the Basque fishermen too.

I had a interesting item that was stolen with the rest of my collection while I was in prison. I dug a Swedish cabin-trading post in the center of a major village location cir. 1640s.

It was a Swedish "trade celt". Instead of having a pole and hole, it was constructed exactly like a Eastern Woodland celt except out of iron. I remember seeing another one being flashed around as proof of Roman or Celtic contact but I don't remember where. 

Lots of possible seafaring folks MAY have ventured out into the North and Mid Atlantic - those that could would make a fairly long list and of course the Norse actually left evidence that they did.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Lots of possible seafaring folks MAY have ventured out into the North and Mid Atlantic - those that could would make a fairly long list and of course the Norse actually left evidence that they did.

The Basques were trying to keep their prime fishing grounds a secret but they did set up salting and processing stations. I remember reading a few dig reports at Penn but I haven't seen anything online.

 John Cresson, Anthony Bonofiglio and I were looking for Clovis and Debert sites around Ocean County, New Jersey where there are several Carolina Bays that aren't silted up and swamped over we were discussing the possibility of the Norse swinging into the Delaware Bay. There is a lot of unexplored ground around there.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

The pottery talked about in this article is found among the Minsi of North Jersey. Not the Northern or Southern Unami in Central and South Jersey. It is a distinct Northern Algonquian style heavily influenced by Iroquoian Peoples. 

Central Jersey Eastern PA had their own distinct style.

 South Jersey and Northern Delaware had a distinct style and they used pot boiling stones and  Eastern bison and elk paunch liners. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
1 hour ago, Piney said:

The pottery talked about in this article is found among the Minsi of North Jersey. Not the Northern or Southern Unami in Central and South Jersey. It is a distinct Northern Algonquian style heavily influenced by Iroquoian Peoples. 

Central Jersey Eastern PA had their own distinct style.

 South Jersey and Northern Delaware had a distinct style and they used pot boiling stones and  Eastern bison and elk paunch liners. 

Are you talking about the links/references at the bottom? Which ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
4 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Are you talking about the links/references at the bottom? Which ones?

The pottery that was found on the same site the penny was. The wiki article said "also found in New Jersey". Nope. Only on the Northern edge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

What about the Sandia Man Cave in New Mexico?  The actual excavation found no human remains but one of the students or professors, can't remember which planted bones and that hoax was not discovered for a few decades.  The below article does not mention that because it was a great embarrassment, but I remember in the 60's the "history" of the cave was different than it is now.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cibola/recarea/?recid=71221

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What about the Sandia Man Cave in New Mexico?  The actual excavation found no human remains but one of the students or professors, can't remember which planted bones and that hoax was not discovered for a few decades.  The below article does not mention that because it was a great embarrassment, but I remember in the 60's the "history" of the cave was different than it is now.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cibola/recarea/?recid=71221

 

 Frank Hibben was the one who salted the site. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Piney said:

 Frank Hibben was the one who salted the site. 

Yes, I couldn't remember his name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.