Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Antarctic Pyramids

weareIF

what do you guys think of

to the discovery of a number of four-sided pyramids, which have sparked the curiosity of many who know of the mystery that surrounds Antarctica.

Many quickly jump to these pyramids being the work of ancient or alien civilizations.

Others including me think that they are the work of a lost human civilization which called the now icy continent home in warmer times.

Some have proposed that they are simply nunataks, a natural formation created from the protruding peaks of mountains buried beneath the ice and snow, which are sculpted into the familiar pyramid shape by erosion.

Antarctic pyramid Mystery

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weareIF said:

to the discovery of a number of four-sided pyramids, which have sparked the curiosity of many who know of the mystery that surrounds Antarctica.

Many quickly jump to these pyramids being the work of ancient or alien civilizations.

Others including me think that they are the work of a lost human civilization which called the now icy continent home in warmer times.

Some have proposed that they are simply nunataks, a natural formation created from the protruding peaks of mountains buried beneath the ice and snow, which are sculpted into the familiar pyramid shape by erosion.

As I use to say about things on Mars: rocks. He starts out with false statements about Byrd.....goes downhill from there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, weareIF said:

They are exactly that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

He starts out with false statements about Byrd.....goes downhill from there

There is so much misinformation on here I don't know where to start. 

"The Americas have been settled for 130,000 years"........Somebody's been reading Cayce's dreck.......

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3

I got all the way to the 3:30 mark before I shut it off. Graham Hancock, unsubstantiated claims, out right lies and misinformation. Pictures depicting wild ideas designed for the gullible. Nothing new, just the same old ploys that many charlatans have used in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, weareIF said:

so I am guessing you're a firm no 

Yes. :yes:

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Piney said:

There is so much misinformation on here I don't know where to start. 

"The Americas have been settled for 130,000 years"........Somebody's been reading Cayce's dreck.......

That's based I believe on the finding of bones shattered in a particular way that might indicate a human presence in CA that long ago. Certainly not a proven yet.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature22065

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, weareIF said:

Nice OP as it covers several options.

Question 1: Natural or Artificial? I am sure there are strong proponents of both theories so one needs to do their own homework and thinking.  I need to look into this more to have much of an opinion but I know I would need to look out for those fanatically attached to one of the two positions. This is not the first I have heard of this Antarctic Pyramid subject.

I for one do believe in the likely existence of alien involvement on earth and ancient civilizations not recognized by mainstream archeology so I am open-minded to these Antarctic pyramids being artificial.

Thanks for piquing my curiosity to explore this deeper.

22 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

People are reading too much Lovecraft these days...

Love the 'Mountains of Madness' when I was fourteen! Terrifying

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Nice OP as it covers several options.

Question 1: Natural or Artificial? I am sure there are strong proponents of both theories so one needs to do their own homework and thinking.  I need to look into this more to have much of an opinion but I know I would need to look out for those fanatically attached to one of the two positions. This is not the first I have heard of this Antarctic Pyramid subject.

I for one do believe in the likely existence of alien involvement on earth and ancient civilizations not recognized by mainstream archeology so I am open-minded to these Antarctic pyramids being artificial.

Thanks for piquing my curiosity to explore this deeper.

Howdy PG1

There are thousand of 'pyramid shaped hills and mountains' all over the world. There is one near where I live. You probably need to check them all. Let us know what you find.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

That's based I believe on the finding of bones shattered in a particular way that might indicate a human presence in CA that long ago. Certainly not a proven yet.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature22065

I'm familiar with it. Looks like they were busted up in a river to me. On top of the fact that they would be carried home whole for the marrow content. 

Edgar said 165,000 years so I was off.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Howdy PG1

There are thousand of 'pyramid shaped hills and mountains' all over the world. There is one near where I live. You probably need to check them all. Let us know what you find.

I don't plan on leaving my armchair. But I will consider the work of those that do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm familiar with it. Looks like they were busted up in a river to me. On top of the fact that they would be carried home whole for the marrow content. 

Edgar said 165,000 years so I was off.

Did he now.....strangely I don't remember that but I read him nearly a half century ago. It is certainly possible that somebody made it from Asia to the Americas well before the current Native Americans but then died out. Trying to find a habitation area for a nomadic group with a low pop density.................challenging. We can hope.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Did he now.....strangely I don't remember that but I read him nearly a half century ago. It is certainly possible that somebody made it from Asia to the Americas well before the current Native Americans but then died out. Trying to find a habitation area for a nomadic group with a low pop density.................challenging. We can hope.

Well, the Algic languages were split clean in half by the Missoula Floods.  The whole Channeled Scablands shows nothing. Think of how many paleo sites were wiped out by glacial flooding.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I for one do believe in the likely existence of alien involvement on earth and ancient civilizations

Yes, because we little brown folk were too stupid to figure it out for ourselves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yes, because we little brown folk were too stupid to figure it out for ourselves. 

Well, maybe I am seeing one here whose objective reasoning skills I am not too impressed with. Too much over-emotion as is often his case. 

Edited by papageorge1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, maybe I am seeing one here whose objective reasoning skills I am not too impressed with. Too much over-emotion as is often his case. 

Maybe you seeing one here with actual field experience?

So is it true that I am a member of something called the "Red Race" and actually came from Atlantis and that the genetic and linguistic studies showing a origin in Asia and a relationship with the Jurchen and Koreans is false? 

• Like 5

Just now, Piney said:

So is it true that I am a member of something called the "Red Race" and actually came from Atlantis and that the genetic and linguistic studies showing a origin in Asia and a relationship with the Jurchen and Koreans is false? 

Rupert scoffs at your pretensions mere human. Homo Sapien Sapiens were given a honored place at the great buffet but not on the good side.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, weareIF said:

Antarctica has some of the highest natural winds in the world, and those look an awful lot like wind faceting

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Sounds like a complicated subject with a complicated  answer to me and also an attempt by the poster to oversimplify the position of another into a distortion. This is a technique of the overly-emotional to have a springboard to leap from.

3 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Rupert scoffs at your pretensions mere human. Homo Sapien Sapiens were given a honored place at the great buffet but not on the good side.

Rupert can kiss my ass. 

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sounds like a complicated subject with a complicated  answer to me and also an attempt by the poster to oversimplify the position of another into a distortion. This is a technique of the overly-emotional to have a springboard to leap from.

Evasion as usual....

• Like 1