Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bishopville Lizard Man

Minimalists

Lizard_002.png

"Lizard Man" returns?

Dixie Rawson of Bishopville sent WIS News 10 an e-mail about a big surprise she got at her home Thursday morning. "The whole front half of our van is chewed up. There are bite marks right through the front grill. Both sides of the van above the wheel wells were bitten and the metal is bent like a piece of paper."

It reminded Dixie of the local legend of the "Lizard Man" that stretches back for decades. Now some are wondering if the Lizard Man is back.

The legend blows in with a brisk winter wind, sending chills through neighbors in Lee County.

"I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't believe it," says Bob Rawson. He looks down at the blood and claw marks on his van. "He literally bit, you can feel where he bit straight through here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why would a lizard man attack a parked car are they twice as dumb as $hit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I remember reading about a silver lizard man that appeared out of a lake temporarily and then went back in after exploring around but again, this is just from a book I read from Jr. High about 30 years ago and apparently not the same story since this lizard man is green.

17 hours ago, openozy said:

Just someone with a bad case of Ichthyosis Vulgaris.

Yeah.What he said...:lol:

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

image.jpeg.32dba7c3dee02df734b88a9ee821a10b.jpeg

You should read The Shape of Water.  I would say to watch the movie, too - but the movie wasn't as good as the book (as usual).  Antediluvian amphibian man?  Could something like that still exist in the swamps?  

No they break all the rules of biology and you need tool use to grown thumbs and fire to develop technology. Frank Herbert did create so really advanced philosophical creatures, but due to the lack of such things they just stayed in place and thought. No thumbs.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, the13bats said:

If you look, the holes are directly where the rust is. Like somebody was dicking around with a slap hammer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

So I remember him "kinda" having thumbs in the movie.  Darn - now I may need to watch it again. Lol! ;)

Octopuses are as smart as chimps but they evolved exactly like a intelligent creature would under water. They might evolve more advance tool making techniques if the pressure of food scarcity is really hard on them but they will never have fire.

We climbed out of the trees and started running because there were no more trees to hide in. Hence "evolutionary pressure". Then we became meat eaters and found out fire made it safer and easier to eat. It went from there. 

• Like 1

He literally bit, you can feel where he bit straight through here."

http://www.wistv.com/story/7948448/lizard-man-returns/

Feel? Sometimes people are so into creating a story, they forget how to keep it real. :rolleyes:

Something tells me these folk are using this lizard story to try and get the insurance company to pay out. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Something tells me these folk are using this lizard story to try and get the insurance company to pay out. 

Because the redneck crap box is too rusted to fix. :yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well you might be a redneck if an old Sears catalog is your only source of poop paper in the outhouse....:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Well you might be a redneck if an old Sears catalog is your only source of poop paper in the outhouse....:rofl:

Rednecks live in the burbs. Hence the Hillbilly and Piney term "Town Trash". 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

If you look, the holes are directly where the rust is. Like somebody was dicking around with a slap hammer. 

One of my hobbies of almost 40 years is gear head, building customs etc i recall the first time i saw those pics way back and some bubba mechanic suggesting a dog did it,

No animal will risk its fangs on non food non threat with the possible exception of piney,

It looks like chemical rust holes that fueled the idea and hammer or punch or whatever

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No animal will risk its fangs on non food non threat with the possible exception of piney,

The British made me switch up to a Fairbairn-Sykes. They thought biting someone's throat out "a little too much".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Piney said:

That and they are too large to be any tooth marks from a predator much less a lizard man.....And the holes are perfectly round. WTH!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

That and they are too large to be any tooth marks from a predator much less a lizard man.....And the holes are perfectly round. WTH!

It actually looks like somebody took a H tool ( firefighter's entry tool) to it. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

It actually looks like somebody took a H tool ( firefighter's entry tool) to it. 

Agreed. I had not thought about that type of tool but your right thats what it looks like....

• Thanks 1

There are several hamners common to body work on cars that would make that type hole in rust,

On 3/22/2019 at 3:36 PM, the13bats said:

Hi the13bats

I would take into consideration the lack of experience and not having a slimjim or a gun or both would make it difficult for a novice to steal a car.:lol:

It's not like he grew up in the hood.

jmccr8

11 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi the13bats

I would take into consideration the lack of experience and not having a slimjim or a gun or both would make it difficult for a novice to steal a car.:lol:

It's not like he grew up in the hood.

jmccr8

Being a person into old cars and customs in general the type that would steal the stuff i have would just haul it into a truck and gone,

Sent out of the usa and or hacked up.

Modern "disposable" cars when stolen are normally parted or found a few days a week later all beat to hell from abuse,

My point was more  a creature has zero reason to attack a car and if a thief wanted it it would be gone.

My custom trike for example has no key, it would be pointless, if someone wants to steal it they will haul it off,

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Being a person into old cars and customs in general the type that would steal the stuff i have would just haul it into a truck and gone,

Sent out of the usa and or hacked up.

Modern "disposable" cars when stolen are normally parted or found a few days a week later all beat to hell from abuse,

My point was more  a creature has zero reason to attack a car and if a thief wanted it it would be gone.

My custom trike for example has no key, it would be pointless, if someone wants to steal it they will haul it off,

I was joking

jmccr8

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I was joking

jmccr8

I know

• Like 1