Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I Haunted??

Madi33

I am convinced my house is haunted, and maybe I am too (if a person can be haunted). My technology seems to always malfunction, like my phone gps cutting in and out despite it being new and nothing was wrong with it to my tv turning on by itself.  I also live in a somewhat old house and there are always wired noises .  Recently I’ve been feeling very faint and have almost passed out a few times I feel nauseous sometimes too.  I checked in with my doctor and he took blood and did some other tests and there is nothing medically wrong, could this be because of a ghost or am I just reading too much into this?

• Like 3

Your reading into it too much. Nothing in the supernatural can hurt you unless you let it. The physical symptoms sound like stress but I'm not your doctor. 

You can actually banish any bad "woo" yourself with your own belief system. It's about intention. Not technique. You just have to believe in it. 

• Like 8

If you believe you are being haunted just do a LBRP you can find it on youtube.

41 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

like my phone gps cutting in and out despite it being new

Sounds like bad reception. GPS depends on external sources.

43 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

my tv turning on by itself

By making a simple google search, I can see that it is a somewhat common bug.

45 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

I’ve been feeling very faint and have almost passed out a few times I feel nauseous sometimes too.

Could be a gas leak. Even from a natural source underground.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

could this be because of a ghost or am I just reading too much into this?

From your complete story there sounds like there could be paranormal activity. You on the scene can do the answer better justice than us.

Next question is can you just live with things as they are or is it troubling you too much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can feel faint and nauseous just from not eating enough and carbon monoxide poisoning.  Do you have a CM detector in your home.  I would still set up video cameras to see if you can get anything.  

If you are not continually exposed to CM it can be out of your system within 24 hours.  If you are it can kill you. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

From your complete story there sounds like there could be paranormal activity.

I'm wondering if that is what's going on.  He should set up a camera. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

I'm wondering if that is what's going on.  He should set up a camera. 

Can’t hurt, but the OP doesn’t seem to be describing any activity that would be physically visible though. But the OP may get some surprises recorded.

I’d enjoy dissecting an alleged paranormal video.

Edited by papageorge1

None of that sounds like anything unnatural. Old houses make noises and can have leaks and bad wiring. Like others have said, get a CM/gas alarm before jumping to conclusions.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madi33 said:

I also live in a somewhat old house and there are always wired noises .  Recently I’ve been feeling very faint and have almost passed out a few times I feel nauseous sometimes too

What kind of heating do you have?

As already said, sci-nerd has pointed out some common problems.

You do seem to reading too much into the paranormal side, but you should not ignore what is happening to you as if there are leaks or issues with the house, you will need to get them sorted out. 

• Like 2

What kind of roof is on your house? I know a few people who have metal roofs that have issues with their phones reception. 

My tv cuts off by itself occasionally. You should google the type of tv and see if others have reported issues with it turning on and off by itself.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 3

Thank you for all the replies!

it is not carbon monoxide/ gas leak, I have alarms for that. The phone thing is probably just other issues, but I’m hesitant to rule out noises because I can distinguish old house noises from unsettling ones (some things I’ve  heard are heavy footsteps that I almost called the police for because I thought it was an intruder and a concrete scraping noise from my basement when nothing was turned on down there). I may try setting up a video just in case to see if I catch something.  

I am fairly sure the house is haunted but will agree that my symptoms are probably from anxiety (I was just hoping I could blame it on something else so I wouldn’t have to face it lol).  I don’t think it’s a malevolent spirit, and I’m very curious to confirm if it’s real by maybe contacting it in a safe way, are there any suggestions for that or should I just stay away?

13 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

it is not carbon monoxide/ gas leak, I have alarms for that. The phone thing is probably just other issues, but I’m hesitant to rule out noises because I can distinguish old house noises from unsettling ones (some things I’ve  heard are heavy footsteps that I almost called the police for because I thought it was an intruder and a concrete scraping noise from my basement when nothing was turned on down there). I may try setting up a video just in case to see if I catch something.  

I am fairly sure the house is haunted but will agree that my symptoms are probably from anxiety (I was just hoping I could blame it on something else so I wouldn’t have to face it lol).  I don’t think it’s a malevolent spirit, and I’m very curious to confirm if it’s real by maybe contacting it in a safe way, are there any suggestions for that or should I just stay away?

I am fairly confident it's not.

I would suggest a thorough inspection of your home. Start from top to bottom and examine everything. Make sure that all windows and doors have locks on them and that there is no easy entry into your home. Also look around for any kind of mould. Make sure your carbon monoxide detector is functioning and that your electrical wiring is in good shape. 

Next time you hear what sound like heavy footsteps, or anything that makes you think someone might be in your home, do not hesitate to call the police. It's what they are there for. It is always better to be safe than sorry and the police themselves will tell you that.

If you insist on believing your house is haunted, my advice is not to attempt to contact whatever it is you think is there. It will only fuel your imagination and make things worse for you. If ghosts did indeed exist, there is nothing they could do to hurt you. They wouldn't have the ability to drag things across your basement floor or make all sorts of loud noises. They also wouldn't have the ability to impact your TV or phone. Look for the practical explanations first and foremost and focus on rectifying those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Madi33 said:

I am convinced my house is haunted, and maybe I am too (if a person can be haunted). My technology seems to always malfunction, like my phone gps cutting in and out despite it being new and nothing was wrong with it to my tv turning on by itself.  I also live in a somewhat old house and there are always wired noises .  Recently I’ve been feeling very faint and have almost passed out a few times I feel nauseous sometimes too.  I checked in with my doctor and he took blood and did some other tests and there is nothing medically wrong, could this be because of a ghost or am I just reading too much into this?

A house can be haunted, and so can a person.  Of course, older houses often creak and re-settle, which may explain the noises.

GPS relies on contact with satellites, and doesn't work inside my home at all, but it works outside.

If your TV is turning itself on from standby, it could be a fault, or interference from passing vehicles, a neighbour's WiFi, baby monitor, etc.
A TV turning itself on at the wall might suggest paranormal activity.

Nausea is sometimes reported with a ghostly presence. Have you recently moved into the house, or made major alterations?

• Like 1

Thank you for your response, Kittens Are Jerks!

A thorough inspection of my home is exactly what I did after hearing footsteps, with pepper spray and my phone with 911 dialed in hand, I found all windows and doors locked, nothing missing, and no one in the home, so calling the police would have been a waste of their time. All wiring and alarms are in working order, and no mold to be found.

I am just curious to hear how you would explain the noises I’ve been hearing? I would also like to say that I do insist on believing in ghosts because that is my opinion, and I dont believe I asked for help in changing my opinions.

Edited by Madi33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

I am just curious to hear how you would explain the noises I’ve been hearing? I would also like to say that I do insist on believing in ghosts because that is my opinion.

Normally I would not bring - what I'm about to say - up in a thread like this, or in most other threads for that matter. It is something I prefer to keep to myself, because I do not want to be associated to it, and because it is not a conviction. But when people are so convinced that supernatural beings must exist, I need to state the obvious alternative to ghosts/demons/God and so on...

There is a high probability that we are living in a virtual reality! It's not just something I think. A lot of scholars think it too. There is even a branch of science based on it, called digital physics.

If we assumed that we truly are living in a computer, for some unknown species curiosity and/or enjoyment, it is not that far fetched to think that they might toy with us. We would then experience that interference as  ghosts/demons/God/UFO's.

Now, if you look at it from that angle, what is there to fear? Or to wonder about?
I bet, the moment you think of it in that perspective, "they" will cease activity. You will no longer be fun to mess with.

Just a suggestion :tu:

Thanks for the response Acute, I haven’t recently moved in, but we have done a few alterations, nothing too major though. We had a bathroom redone and finished half of the basement.

• Like 1

Sci-nerd, that is a very interesting theory that I have learned of! I wouldn’t say that I am so convinced that supernatural things must exist but to me I like to believe it. For me it is a lot more reassuring that there is some higher order or power in the world, but that theory is very interesting, thank you!

What were you doing just prior to hearing the footsteps?

Has anyone else heard these noises?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madi33 said:

Thank you for your response, Kittens Are Jerks!

A thorough inspection of my home is exactly what I did after hearing footsteps, with pepper spray and my phone with 911 dialed in hand, I found all windows and doors locked, nothing missing, and no one in the home, so calling the police would have been a waste of their time. All wiring and alarms are in working order, and no mold to be found.

I am just curious to hear how you would explain the noises I’ve been hearing? I would also like to say that I do insist on believing in ghosts because that is my opinion.

I meant a thorough inspection during the day when you have the time to be extremely thorough. I would never advise anyone to search their home if they think someone has broken into it. The last thing you would want is a confrontation with a potentially dangerous and armed person. Get yourself into a safe place, lock the door, and let the police manage the situation. They're better trained and know what to look for. They could also help you identify any vulnerable entries into your home.

In addition to mould, there are other potential hazards in old homes, including lead paint, lead pipes and asbestos, to name a few. You should check for all that as well if you haven't already done so.

As for the noises, I can't say for certain as I've not heard them. I also don't know what your basement looks like or what you have down there, nor do I know anything about the rest of your home. You might want to do some research into typical house noises and the explanations for them. The sound of footsteps, for example, could be the footsteps of animals on your roof amplified by an unfinished attic space. The scraping sound in your basement could be noise from your furnace. They typically make a grinding noise when a moving part is not working properly.

What you ultimately choose to believe is entirely up to you. Just make certain that you put your health, safety and well being first.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

By making a simple google search, I can see that it is a somewhat common bug.

What?  Being haunted :P

• Haha 2

It was the middle of a sunny day and I live in a well populated neighborhood so I figured it would be safe to asses the threat on my own and it did turn out to be nothing.  Unfortunately my house has no interior doors that lock so I wouldn’t be much safer sitting it out in a close by room.  Prior to this I was sitting on the couch a few rooms away on the first story of the house  doing something on my phone.  My house has been checked and there are no hazards that could be contributing to these issues.  I have looked into potential other causes for the noises and none seem to fit.

43 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Normally I would not bring - what I'm about to say - up in a thread like this, or in most other threads for that matter. It is something I prefer to keep to myself, because I do not want to be associated to it, and because it is not a conviction. But when people are so convinced that supernatural beings must exist, I need to state the obvious alternative to ghosts/demons/God and so on...

There is a high probability that we are living in a virtual reality! It's not just something I think. A lot of scholars think it too. There is even a branch of science based on it, called digital physics.

If we assumed that we truly are living in a computer, for some unknown species curiosity and/or enjoyment, it is not that far fetched to think that they might toy with us. We would then experience that interference as  ghosts/demons/God/UFO's.

Now, if you look at it from that angle, what is there to fear? Or to wonder about?
I bet, the moment you think of it in that perspective, "they" will cease activity. You will no longer be fun to mess with.

Just a suggestion :tu:

If that’s the case, that we are living a simulation, then we have no idea what reality is. Things like ghost and such could be considered a tame belief compared to what’s really going on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If that’s the case, that we are living a simulation, then we have no idea what reality is. Things like ghost and such could be considered a tame belief compared to what’s really going on. 

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madi33 said:

I wouldn't recommend you to try to contact it if you believe theres a ghost. Just banish it with an LBRP

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1