Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Madi33

Am I Haunted??

55 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Ashotep
1 hour ago, Madi33 said:

I would also like to say that I do insist on believing in ghosts because that is my opinion, and I dont believe I asked for help in changing my opinions.

I believe in them because I have seen one.  However even as a believer I know not everything is supernatural.  I would go with setting up cameras. 

I'm not about to try to change your mind just want to explore other possibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
2 hours ago, Madi33 said:

We had a bathroom redone and finished half of the basement.

I recently posted (somewhere on here!) my experience of previous residents disapproving of changes. Sometimes, a person or persons that lived in the house, perhaps for a very long time or all their life, haven't left after physical death, and they let their presence be known if alterations are made to the home they know and love.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
4 hours ago, Madi33 said:

It was the middle of a sunny day and I live in a well populated neighborhood so I figured it would be safe to asses the threat on my own and it did turn out to be nothing.  Unfortunately my house has no interior doors that lock so I wouldn’t be much safer sitting it out in a close by room.  Prior to this I was sitting on the couch a few rooms away on the first story of the house  doing something on my phone.  My house has been checked and there are no hazards that could be contributing to these issues.  I have looked into potential other causes for the noises and none seem to fit.

Okay let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the noises were indeed made by a ghost. What do you think a ghost is? A human soul?  An as yet to be determined supernatural entity? Also, is a ghost material or not? If it was capable of making loud noises it would have to be material wouldn't it? If it wasn't, it would be able to move effortlessly around your home, through walls and objects, without making a sound. So if it's material, it would make a variety of noises as it clamoured through your home. It would also be able to open and close doors, move objects around, and also, perhaps, be visible. And yet, all you've experienced are a few inexplicable noises and a couple of electronic glitches. How would you rationalise all of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
13 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Okay let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the noises were indeed made by a ghost. What do you think a ghost is? A human soul?  An as yet to be determined supernatural entity? Also, is a ghost material or not? If it was capable of making loud noises it would have to be material wouldn't it? If it wasn't, it would be able to move effortlessly around your home, through walls and objects, without making a sound. So if it's material, it would make a variety of noises as it clamoured through your home. It would also be able to open and close doors, move objects around, and also, perhaps, be visible. And yet, all you've experienced are a few inexplicable noises and a couple of electronic glitches. How would you rationalise all of this?

Most people that experience the paranormal are not 'theorists' on the subject but regular people like @Madi33

I am a 'theorists' on the subject myself and would begin my theorizing with etheric and astral planes of nature interacting with the physical. The astral and etheric planes are posited to be in dimensions beyond the three of our physical senses and instruments and with their own type of matter at vibratory rates and in dimensions beyond detection by our physical senses and instruments. To go further, I would theorize that there are conscious entities on these beyond the physical planes that sometimes still have interest in the affairs of the physical plane and have abilities to interact. 

But my main point is that for most people observation of the paranormal precedes its understanding. Certainly one must use their intelligence to consider misunderstood normal phenomena as the cause of seemingly anomalous experiences but at a certain point an intelligent person makes a determination of likelihood. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

I recall an old BBC yeti hunt documentary in the group was a skeptical writer, he made the remark that the only way yeti would pop up would be to smite him as a disbeliever, he was making a sarcastic joke.

Replies in this thread got me thinking seems ghosts only seem to show up, make themselves known to true believers. researchers, not "ghost hunters" but unbiased scientists will go to some alleged hot spot and zip, zero.

For over 40 years of research i have yet to experience anything paranormal, and as time passes i am more and more conviced what true believers see exists but only in their minds.

I guess the only way ill see a ghost is if they smite me, that or i hit the haunted mansion at disney....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
9 hours ago, the13bats said:

 

 but unbiased scientists will go to some alleged hot spot and zip, zero.

 

I have to wonder if the above statement is a myth too. I just don't hear of many unbiased scientists going to alleged hot spots and finding zip, zero. The investigative field is more filled with people who have  investigated before and try to be 'unbiased' towards new locations. 

And I hope by 'unbiased' you don't mean those biased anti-paranormal types that masquerade under the good name of 'skepticism'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have to wonder if the above statement is a myth too. I just don't hear of many unbiased scientists going to alleged hot spots and finding zip, zero. The investigative field is more filled with people who have  investigated before and try to be 'unbiased' towards new locations. 

And I hope by 'unbiased' you don't mean those biased anti-paranormal types that masquerade under the good name of 'skepticism'. 

George,

My statement you quoted isnt myth, we both know that when science is brought to ghost hunting nothing is found. your reply below deserves attention,

Quote

I just don't hear of many unbiased scientists going to alleged hot spots and finding zip, zero

If they find more than zip, zero what is it?

Back it up, list the names,  the findings of and published works of the many unbiased scientists going to alleged hot spots and finding anything.

Dont list cheesy pseudo reality TV ghost hunter clap trap , dont list other attention junkie profiteers like Ed and Lorraine Warren or Peter Venkman and his colleges who are are just out for fame and a little fortune.

List real accredited scientists with published works, you show me what they have or better yet what you have to back up your blind biased beliefs.

You ask me a question about my meaning of "unbiased" then babble away with leading statements, allow me to answer a question directed at me myself.

First we can eliminate you from the "unbiased" group you have proven time and again anything and everything presented is "in your opinion" likely paranormal, a pinch of skepticism would help you immensely, every orb, Marlboro exhale, dust or camera artifact isnt a spirit or paranormal no matter how deeply you wish it were to the point of believing it is, a few might be unexplained but that again no matter how much true believers wish it were doesnt mean its paranormal.

You are right the paranormal field is filled with those who like ones i mentioned above do try to gain both notoriety and a paycheck from there ongoing investigations, always turning up short on eveidence, i mean real evidence not fodder for you true believers.

They misuse flashy gauges and investments and bring out the full smoke and mirrors dog and pony show so you true believers have something to cling to.

Your belief is good enough for you i get that but grasp your belief is far from good enough for me, seems im not a minorty.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

George,

My statement you quoted isnt myth, we both know that when science is brought to ghost hunting nothing is found. your reply below deserves attention,

If they find more than zip, zero what is it?

 

Here is where  I feel you misunderstood my point. My point is you seem to assume there are these numbers of what you call unbiased scientists finding nothing. I say there are not some large number of these serious scientists out there in the first place finding nothing.

You, not me, should be the one providing names of these independent scientists finding nothing. I am not the one making the claim here, you are.

The very few media skeptics are the only same names I always hear. And they to me  are the epitome of being biased.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

 

Dont list cheesy pseudo reality TV ghost hunter clap trap , dont list other attention junkie profiteers like Ed and Lorraine Warren or Peter Venkman and his colleges who are are just out for fame and a little fortune.

List real accredited scientists with published works, you show me what they have or better yet what you have to back up your blind biased beliefs.

So here is the game you are trying to get me to play. Any investigator that believes in the existence of the paranormal (even after serious investigation) is now considered biased seems to be your assumption. So your challenge to me is to present the names of investigators that don't  believe in the paranormal presenting documentation of the paranormal. Do you see why that is a silly game I won't play? Anyone I mention will be a member of this cheesy ghost hunter clap trap game in your subjective judgment. 

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

 

You ask me a question about my meaning of "unbiased" then babble away with leading statements, allow me to answer a question directed at me myself.

First we can eliminate you from the "unbiased" group you have proven time and again anything and everything presented is "in your opinion" likely paranormal, a pinch of skepticism would help you immensely, every orb, Marlboro exhale, dust or camera artifact isnt a spirit or paranormal no matter how deeply you wish it were to the point of believing it is, a few might be unexplained but that again no matter how much true believers wish it were doesnt mean its paranormal.

 

Let's stick to substance instead of personal attacks, please.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

No personal attack, just my honest observations about you.

Typical true believer you have zip, zero you back pedal, play shell games, try to turn things around, use every smoke and mirror tactic you have to avoid admitting even to yourself....you only have your belief.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
On 21/03/2019 at 6:17 AM, the13bats said:

For over 40 years of research i have yet to experience anything paranormal,

Can't you accept that some people have had their own experiences, done their own research, and had 40 years of their own paranormal proof?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, acute said:

Can't you accept that some people have had their own experiences, done their own research, and had 40 years of their own paranormal proof?

At this moment any example of alleged paranormal experience  can be explained in non paranormal ways, anecdotal isnt proof.

They never share that proof, you say they have they just tell a story they need to show me something tangible, testable, not reasons and excuses why no proof is possible, then get mad i need more than their belief.

 

 

 

 

Edited by the13bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

You might check for high EMF at your house. It can cause some weird symptoms for people who are sensitive to it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, GlitterRose said:

You might check for high EMF at your house. It can cause some weird symptoms for people who are sensitive to it.

Good to see you back Rose! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Good to see you back Rose! :)

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
14 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

Thanks.

Sounds like more Chaos to me!!

:D:P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyAD
On 3/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, Madi33 said:

I am convinced my house is haunted, and maybe I am too (if a person can be haunted). My technology seems to always malfunction, like my phone gps cutting in and out despite it being new and nothing was wrong with it to my tv turning on by itself.  I also live in a somewhat old house and there are always wired noises .  Recently I’ve been feeling very faint and have almost passed out a few times I feel nauseous sometimes too.  I checked in with my doctor and he took blood and did some other tests and there is nothing medically wrong, could this be because of a ghost or am I just reading too much into this? 

2

Hi I just read your post...i was wondering, have you ever...communicated with spirits or anyone in your family? A lot of times, when someone in the previous generations of your family (more than likely your parents, or your grandparents) communicate with beings in the spiritual realm, you can be affected by that.  My grandmother actually did sayonces and spirit communication quite frequently and because of that...while sleeping in a totally different house from my grandmother...my twin sister and i was both attacked physically by a dark entity. 

I know a thing or two about things like this because i've dealt with it before. I know for sure the best way to get out of it is to turn to Jesus. He can detach whatever it is. I kind of think like something is either attached to you or is trying to. it could be something that just happens to be in the house you were living in..and because you don't have a good spiritual guard up...it makes you a target. So pray, give it to Jesus. Renounce sin and stuff and ask Jesus to forgive you. When the blood of Jesus cleanses you from sins...it closes doors so spiritual enemies cant comes against you. also worshiping God helps too...it breaks up spiritual bondage in the atmosphere. God loves woship.

Let me know if you have any trouble. 

-Katy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goddess of the Mist

Hi Madi! Our house seems to be haunted, and we've lived in it for about 6 years now. We were told it was haunted by a neighbor before moving in. We hear all kinds of noises and have seen some strange things too, but have basically learned to live with it. No one has been hurt or anything, and it's actually been kind of interesting. One thing to think about though - in a prior house we lived in, often sounds from neighbors and from the outside would almost sound like they were coming from inside. I don't know how close your neighbors are, but that's something to consider. 

If you are going through some anxiety, that can certainly play some weird tricks on the mind. Remember this one thing (it helps me a lot) ~ anxiety comes from worrying about what "could" happen. Concentrate on living in the moment. You will feel so much calmer and better and your mind can relax. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

i was in the same small place 46 years a man died there i was told natural causes we saw no evidence of "haunted" but my superstitious grandmother thought the joint was haunted.

then about 4 years ago we move to a bigger place built 1909 lots of history had a reputation as being haunted the lady we bought it from had a long list of experiences some collaborated by her ex and neighbors while some debunked by ex and neighbors, we sadly have had zero experiences but i would look like the old man and dog at disneys haunted mansion if i had to go in the attic or basement in the middle of the night, but i habe nervious problems.

i did experence a few cool anomalies, i have a small "ghetto blaster" in the basment and was working on my junk in the yard it was on but you could hardly hear it in the yard i came in and you can hear it pretty well through the old furnace ducting to each room,  so a weird spooky sound played in the basement near a duct....hum.....

its a cornor lot and in this upstairs bedroom i can smell all kinds of neighbors stuff, cooking baking, laundry, a person walks by smoking a cigarette, or even perfume,

i still believe hauntings are in the minds of the believer but its a fun and entertaining topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyAD

It's probably your house. But i know that when people have a family history of witchcraft sometimes they can get some manifestations from that.  Start reading your bible, particularly psalms 91. that's Gods promises for protection against the enemy. Also, if you don't have a really good solid relationship with Jesus (this can help keep any spiritual entity (demon) away). I know that from experience, i talked to God all the time when i was younger because i was being haunted. It helped a lot, also worship. But don't be surprised if things get worse before they get better. A lot of times, the "entity" wont want you to have a  relationship with God, so he will come against you and try to keep you from him. Ignore it, keep talking to God. I talk to Him a lot...like a friend. Also worship music is good to play. they hate that stuff, because it brings the spirit of God in. They hate just about everything that has to do with God. 

If you need an exorcism or house cleansing. Try calling local Pentecostal or non denominational churches. They can do about the same thing as catholic churches...only they aren't as well known for it, so you don't have the wait. 

I hope this helps. There are also some really good spiritual warfare books out there. And some websites. I have some stuff you can read in my mail box if you are interested i can forward it to you. 

-God Bless,

-Katy

 

and as far as worship music goes. Julie True has an anointing on her music to heal people and deliver homes and people from spiritual stuff. Personally I like Bethel Music and Hillsong United. 

Derick Prince and Kenneth Hegain are good to listen to to get some information on spiritual warfare. 

Let me know if you have any more questions or need help. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnHoLyTrInItY

do the noises happen at a certain time by any chance or is it just random?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
On 21/03/2019 at 9:58 PM, papageorge1 said:

Here is where  I feel you misunderstood my point. My point is you seem to assume there are these numbers of what you call unbiased scientists finding nothing. I say there are not some large number of these serious scientists out there in the first place finding nothing.

You, not me, should be the one providing names of these independent scientists finding nothing. I am not the one making the claim here, you are.

The very few media skeptics are the only same names I always hear. And they to me  are the epitome of being biased.

So here is the game you are trying to get me to play. Any investigator that believes in the existence of the paranormal (even after serious investigation) is now considered biased seems to be your assumption. So your challenge to me is to present the names of investigators that don't  believe in the paranormal presenting documentation of the paranormal. Do you see why that is a silly game I won't play? Anyone I mention will be a member of this cheesy ghost hunter clap trap game in your subjective judgment. 

Let's stick to substance instead of personal attacks, please.

Perhaps cause you don't need loads of scientists to determine if the paranormal is real or not? It's a waste of money, time and resources finding something which isn't there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen

As people suggested on numerous other threads. Set up cameras cause that seems to be a deterrent which works 100% of the time and try not to think about it. It's just in your head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
16 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Perhaps cause you don't need loads of scientists to determine if the paranormal is real or not? It's a waste of money, time and resources finding something which isn't there.

Perhaps that's just an opinion of someone with an anti-paranormal bias. It doesn't sound like a scientific attitude to me.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
16 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

As people suggested on numerous other threads. Set up cameras cause that seems to be a deterrent which works 100% of the time and try not to think about it. It's just in your head.

I've seen some pretty suggestive things on camera too.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
Just now, papageorge1 said:

Perhaps that's just an opinion of someone with an anti-paranormal bias. It doesn't sound like a scientific attitude to me.

Please. Its remarkable that billions of people have died all around the world and yet there is still no evidence. I have a very scientific attitude thank you very much. I am open to most things. However, there is no scientific evidence of the paranormal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.