Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Drives Stranger to Visit Dying Mum

OverSword

A little act of kindness can go a long way. And in the case of Dean Moore, it quite literally did.

On Sunday, Sharleen, 58, and Ron, 77, Gillies were driving from Edinburgh to Cambridge to visit Ron's terminally ill mother, per The BBC. However, on their drive, the couple got into a minor accident, leaving them stranded on the side of the road without a way to complete their journey.

The couple was about halfway to their final destination, near the town of Stockton-on-Tees, at the time of the incident. It was important they make it to Ron's mother's bedside as soon as possible, but it would be at least three hours until they could get a ride to the nearest train station. The couple didn't know what to do.That's when a kind soul stepped in to help. Dean Moore saw the couple on the side of the road and knew he had to so something. The 40-year-old offered to help them get to their next destination. No questions.

Link

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Better to light one candle...

• Like 4

Not many would take the time out of a busy day to do this.  God bless him for it.

When my husband and I were first married we drove a new friend 175 miles to see his mother that was in the hospital.  Not sure what was wrong with her but I don't think she lasted long after that.  I found out later that his deceased father was my doctor when I was very young. Small world.

• Like 3