Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat Earthers are planning a trip to Antarctica

UM-Bot

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Please let it be in a dinghy.

a leaking one.

The circumpolar current is nasty. They're in for a ride. 

• Like 1

maybe FE society isn't even about flat earth,  it's just a clever cover, you'll be too busy laughing at them and trying to prove they are idiots, and would  not think of its real purpose, it could be absolutely anything, lol,  or maybe they are trolling the world, lol  for hundreds of years. 

• Like 1

lmaosmiley.gif

GREAT THREAD !  tooo much, some of these comments hahah return as normal aahaha!

...hey HEY!Who gets the last laugh eh? hey! they could get there and find glass like in that one movie . . .

? where they were filming him the whole time oh wellz that was my best joke LATERZZZZZZZZ

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bison said:

I had a look at my World Atlas. It has an excellent, large map of Antarctica, which takes up 8 pages. This continent contains mountain ranges, separate peaks, measured elevations, and human-made landmarks throughout. It's roughly circular and approximately centered on the South Pole. It measures out at something around 2750 miles across, on average.  

If they're expecting to travel around the Antarctic coast, the edge of the world, as they see it, they're going to be badly disappointed! The circumference distance will come out to something like 8600 miles. This is far too small to enclose the known, measured world, and far, far short of the 60,000 miles they reportedly expect.  

From what I understand the Flat Eartheners operate under the concept that, because they themselves, their friends, and the unwashed guy on youtube they listen have never been to Antarctica themselves, the whole place is an unknowable mystery, because everything you read in a science book or atlas might very well be some form of misinformation designed to conceal the masses, or some poop like that.

Which then again opens the problem....unless all the Flat Earthener's get to go, how are we going to strand them there and isolate their stupidity from the rest of humanity can they make sure that those that got to go weren't "paid off by the science cabal to lie about the shape of the world"?

16 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If they die, who is responsible? Youtube?

The Science-Cabal in junction with Rand Corporation, under the supervision of the Reverse Vampires, of course.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People who charge that astronomers are part of a 'Sun worshiping cult of Heliocentrism' might be able to convince themselves, and some others, of almost anything. They really needn't go to the flamboyant trouble of touring Antarctica, though.

Their webpage says they have members throughout the world.  They could ask their own members in Australia and Britain to compare their views of the stars at night. Finding these very different, they could then ask each other how this could possibly be, if the world were flat.   

• Like 1

Netflix: Behind The Curve.
A documentary about the flat earthers. They run a few experiments, and both prove the earth is as we know it... round. But refuse to accept their own results. A frustrating yet comical documentary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

Once they find someone who is even willing to work with these idiots, which is likely going to be difficult in itself, they're going to have to raise quite a bit of money for this.  This isn't a commonly traveled route, therefore they'll have to hire someone with a ship to travel this route specifically for them.  And given the climate of the region, the route tends to have very rough waters.  Thus, they'll most likely end up paying extra for the trip because of the inherent difficulties associated with the trip. 

It may not be an insurmountable amount, but whatever group is planning this will have to get quite a bit of money for it.  And I also wouldn't be surprised if these guys come up with some reason why they still think the Earth is flat even after going on the trip.  It would be much more cost effective for them to send up a weather balloon with a camera (with no fish eye obviously) and then look for the curve on the footage after they recover the camera. 

Where, precisely, do you get off mocking other people for asinine ideas?!

--Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My biggest perplexing enigmatic unexplained mystery going by his other posts is that budding ISNT a flat earther.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, OverSword said:

So how will this work?  They measure the coastline of Antarctica and find out you travel more miles going between the US and Moscow Flying from LA and heading west?

based on the principle that if the earth was a globe and you squashed/flatened it down it from the top, then Antartica would spread out and create a border around a flat earth.  

I love these guys, bless their hearts. Someone PLEASE make a documentary about them.

Maybe they finally find that missing nazi base on Antartica ? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

So a group of delusionals are planing a trip around Antartica. As I see it I doubt they will actually go or if they do they wont finish the trip. You just know that their failure will be blamed on the conspiracy of world governments  and scientists to perpetuate the "globe myth".

... trolls engage in the most outrageous and offensive behaviors possible—all the better to troll you with.— Whitney Phillips

• Like 1

4e3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe they finally find that missing nazi base on Antartica ? :rolleyes:

How disrespectful its hollow earthers who have evidence of a nazi base down there not flat earthers!

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

How disrespectful its hollow earthers who have evidence of a nazi base down there not flat earthers!

Sometimes its hard to remember what woo is what. :P

23 hours ago, EBE Hybrid said:

I admire their unfaltering dedication to their belief, but honestly I think that a few of these guys are strong candidates for a Darwin award!

I see where you are coming from, but their unfaltering dedication is a worry in these day and ages.

• Like 1

There's conspiracies...and then there's utter stupidity.

No doubts as to which category the concept of a 'flat earth' resides. ^_^

...utter stupidity. In case you weren't sure.

I'll bet when they dont find the edge they'll blame on some conspiracy on gps manipulation.

Edited by godnodog
Misspeling

"It's there...

you just can't see it, touch it, hear it or feel it."

:lol:

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I've seen the beings with my own eyes and suffered their horrid experiments, been through some horrific **** like having my eyes removed and then placed back in their sockets without any anesthetic during an abduction, and the aliens appear to be especially interested in me.  For some reason, despite the government saying they aren't visiting Earth, they are.  And they have visited ME multiple times.  So, I have two things to say here.  One the government ****ing lies, and they are covering up unimaginable secrets.  Yet given my own research, it does appear that the Earth is round.  Though, I'll admit I was once skeptical, because getting abducted by aliens tends to make one not exactly fall for the government's **** anymore.  

They were trying to find your brain, they were unsuccessful.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Could it be they're looking at the world like it's "muffin-top" shaped? Therefore, it would actually be like a curved ball all around the top and sides, but flat on the bottom. That could allow for some of the curvature that is seen. 

excellent way to describe it. for some strange reason i keep thinking of the truman show. :)