Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

12 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I thank you for speaking with such respect.  It is so refreshing to hear from good people in the world.

I’m still a believer, I’m just not a Christian one, and I don’t really know what I actually believe.  Not that is a bad thing, I like the place I’m in because I feel free of fear to some degree when it comes to God, or spiritual things.

Anyway, the time I was a Christian, I did believe in the trinity and the Bible being the word of God.

Thank you, for your candor.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Actually, the afterlife in most religions are dreary places; very few people looked forward to that "undiscovered country". That was and is Christianity's great hook. "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever beiieveth in him should not perish but have everlasting life" With Christianity, being dead never looked so good.

The greatest regret of my life, making a "pact" with a loved one, that the existence of the afterlife be confirmed by the performance of a specific "sign", post mortem. That was confirmed, twice ! Believe it, or not. I only wish I had asked for further confirmation that the existence in the beyond, was as good as advertised. I am none the wiser on that front.

1 hour ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

@Horta

I agree that there are valid arguments against certain gods existing.

As you said, the key is that they be clearly defined to construct an argument against.

When the definition is too broad or claimed to be "unknowable," it's harder or possibly impossible to form and argument against. 

I would add that one needs to have “facts” to support their arguments whether it is for or against god existing. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gyver

Well, if I was in heaven I would be expecting certain amounts of confusion and mayhem or things just wouldn't feel like home, rather boring actually what with harps and harems and no Tupac.:lol:

jmccr8

Please give me the top three Tupac songs of all time.

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The greatest regret of my life, making a "pact" with a loved one, that the existence of the afterlife be confirmed by the performance of a specific "sign", post mortem. That was confirmed, twice ! Believe it, or not. I only wish I had asked for further confirmation that the existence in the beyond, was as good as advertised. I am none the wiser on that front.

Your personal experiences are sacrosanct, precious pearls not to be cast before swine. Hold them close to your heart and cherish them. That is your right.

Edited by Hammerclaw

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Your personal experiences are sacrosanct, precious pearls not to cast before swine. Hold them close to your heart and cherish them. That is your right.

Swine pay no attention to pearls, so no problem there, but I am not joking in saying I regret I did not ask for that extra little detail, but the "pact" was not something I ever anticipated being fulfilled, anyway, made as much in jest, as anything else. But, it was perhaps an example of the mustard seed of faith.....

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I do not know what hits who or how but for me it's

I ain't mad at cha

Wondering if there is a ghetto in heaven 

Made niggaz

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guyver said:

California Love...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Swine pay no attention to pearls, so no problem there, but I am not joking in saying I regret I did not ask for that extra little detail, but the "pact" was not something I ever anticipated being fulfilled, anyway, made as much in jest, as anything else. But, it was perhaps an example of the mustard seed of faith.....

You have a good heart, my friend, follow it's dictates and you will do well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

California Love...

I have the first two verses down and all the choruses, sigh...but I have a long way to go on that number.  Lol.

• Like 3

A true master could cover Johnny Cash’ version of I’ve been everywhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I have the first two verses down and all the choruses, sigh...but I have a long way to go on that number.  Lol.

Guitar?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

Guitar?

No, just singing it karaoke style.  Lol.  It’s kinda my thing.  But no, I haven’t even thought to play it on guitar.  I may have to try that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No, just singing it karaoke style.  Lol.  It’s kinda my thing.  But no, I haven’t even thought to play it on guitar.  I may have to try that.

Hi Gyver

My singing isn't the best, okay it's downright scary any way the words may not be quite the same given my liberal attitude so if you get it down right send me a PM. :lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spulling
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Oh wow, good for you trying to sing it. 

• Like 2

Lol...how did this get to Johnny Cash and karaoke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GlitterRose said:

Lol...how did this get to Johnny Cash and karaoke?

Rose!!!!! Great to have you pop in girl.

Where have you been? 

• Like 1

Off on a tangent. Sheri said something that reminded me of a Styx song.

https://youtu.be/KOQ4pkUAFbA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gyver

My singing isn't the best, okay it's downright scary any way the words may not be quite the same given my liberal attitude so if you get it down right send me a PM. :lol:

jmccr8

https://youtu.be/Ctfvo1QwIgQ

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gyver

jmccr8

hehe..right on.  Running ain’t mad at cha right now.  Interesting contrast. Mi just got done dancing around in my jammies on Saturday night, jamming on Pat Benatar fire and ice.  I laugh with myself.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Rose!!!!! Great to have you pop in girl.

Where have you been? 

Wondering at the point of it all. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And Tupac?

Wow...you guys really got off track.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Oh wow, good for you trying to sing it. 

It’s complicated rhymically and lyrically.

1 minute ago, GlitterRose said:

Wondering at the point of it all. Lol. 

Just enjoy the view and the ride. Life is crazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Just enjoy the view and the ride. Life is crazy.

Yeah, the arguments, though...most of them on here seem futile. 

And yet, never ending.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked