Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

Read it and find out.  The Spirit of God has His way of changing hearts and minds.

It has a way of making, or not stopping,  people hating "liberals" though ? The Lord must move in strange ways !

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Harry said:

In all honesty, I can understand how the ignorant can find my positions to be hateful and bigoted.  However, if you were to take a time machine and transport yourself to any era before the 1960s, my positions would be in the majority. 

Way before, the 11th century seems about the right spot. We are not ignorant, we are more intelligent and evolved. 

And its not just women who think you're a douche. Any rational person would. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, onlookerofmayhem said:

I have read it. Multiple times. I find it antiquated, perverse, illogical, immoral and downright disgusting at times.

Then you are resisting the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (the willful rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord) is the only sin that God will not forgive.

See the source image

• Haha 2

Just now, Habitat said:

It has a way of making, or not stopping,  people hating "liberals" though ? The Lord must move in strange ways !

I didn't say I hate liberals.  I said I hate liberal ideology.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But that's because it's self-explanatory. 

Even easier. It's religion. Just make it up as you go along and cherry pick anything that appeals to you :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Don't be like Amenhotep II who hardened his heart when the power of the LORD was upon him.

I was not speaking of myself, I don’t state my beliefs online. 

I was asking, what about those who read it and are non believers still. 

I know people who went to church (either forced or other reasons) but don’t believe 

4 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Then you are resisting the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (the willful rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord) is the only sin that God will not forgive.

So if I read God's book with the brain god gave me and it doesn't make me believe in him, wouldn't that be his own fault?

Maybe he should have written a more convincing novel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

I was not speaking of myself, I don’t state my beliefs online. 

I was asking, what about those who read it and are non believers still. 

I know people who went to church (either forced or other reasons) but don’t believe 

My statement applies to any unbeliever.

It is more satisfying for people to invoke God as the progenitor, than a big bang, which sound like an explosion caused by a terrorist. But both suffer from a lack of casual explanation, that could ever conceivably end without further explanation needed.

4 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

What about those who read it and still don’t believe it? 

Then they'll have to be on their way with, and live up to the fact that, the most meaningful things in life, are self-explanatory. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

In all honesty, I can understand how the ignorant can find my positions to be hateful and bigoted.  However, if you were to take a time machine and transport yourself to any era before the 1960s, my positions would be in the majority. 

Any era before the 1960's? :huh: 

You mean before the Civil Rights movement? Before the sexual revolution? During Jim Crow? Back when women stayed in the kitchen?

Do you seriously still want to claim that you "aren't bigoted," cause you really aren't helping your case here in the slightest...

• Like 4

So if I read God's book with the brain god gave me and it doesn't make me believe in him, wouldn't that be his own fault?

Maybe he should have written a more convincing novel.

No, it means you choose not to believe in Him.  Everyone has faith in something.  Everyone has enough faith to believe in Christ.  All it takes is one to act upon the mustard seed of faith they already have.

Just now, Aquila King said:

Any era before the 1960's? :huh: 

You mean before the Civil Rights movement? Before the sexual revolution? During Jim Crow? Back when women stayed in the kitchen?

Do you seriously still want to claim that you "aren't bigoted," cause you really aren't helping your case here in the slightest...

Yes.  I am not bigoted.  Everyone who followed the progressive trend of the 1960s is simply a fool.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Don't be like Amenhotep II who hardened his heart when the power of the LORD was upon him.

Exodus 7:3-4 says, “But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my people the Israelites.”

God himself claimed he was the one that hardened pharaoh's heart.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

God always was. Which is far more believable than supposing nothingness suddenly morphed into all of the complexity you can see with your eyes and sense with your senses.

That would be a good point......if anyone believed "nothingness suddenly morphed into all of the complexity you can see with your eyes and sense with your senses".

If that option = silliness.

Throwing in a magical being to explain the silliness = twice the silliness.

Which doesn't mean its wrong. If you believe "a magical invisible eternal being caused nothingness to suddenly morph into all of the complexity you can see with your eyes and sense with your senses" then you have some explaining to do for this being, as well as how it did this. For anyone to consider it as more than a personal delusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Even easier. It's religion. Just make it up as you go along and cherry pick anything that appeals to you :lol:

Glory glory.

See how that appeals to you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

My hatred of the left is my life blood

The "left" are not people ? Seriously, this business does not sit well with Jesus changing your heart. I'm tipping Beelzebub is on the job !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exodus 7:3-4 says, “But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my people the Israelites.”

God himself claimed he was the one that hardened pharaoh's heart.

He hardened Pharaoh's heart, because Pharaoh of his own free will choose to resist God.  When one willfully and continually resists God, He will give them over to a reprobate mind.

14 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

How about chuckling at forum soapbox preachers? Is that permitted? 

• Like 1

Just now, Habitat said:

The "left" are not people ? Seriously, this business does not sit well with Jesus changing your heart. I'm tipping Beelzebub is on the job !

LOL!  You liberals clearly do not understand the concepts of irony and trolling do you?

Yes.  I am not bigoted. 

Everyone who followed the progressive trend of the 1960s is simply a fool.

The statements between that big fat empty space are mutually exclusive, and contradictory to one another.

Dude, get a grip on reality here. You're on the wrong side of history my dude.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

No, it means you choose not to believe in Him.  Everyone has faith in something.  Everyone has enough faith to believe in Christ.  All it takes is one to act upon the mustard seed of faith they already have.

I don't have faith in anything.

Maybe god himself hardened my heart like he did with the pharaoh.

How would I know the difference?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:My statement applies to any unbeliever.

How? 

Oh that’s right Im hard hearted, while my newborn is asleep on me I’m so hard hearted 

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Then they'll have to be on their way with, and live up to the fact that, the most meaningful things in life, are self-explanatory. :D

Aww poor little troll you need to go back to your bridge. 

• Like 3

LOL!  You liberals clearly do not understand the concepts of irony and trolling do you?

You understand the concept of revisionism !

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked