Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Oh , you mean I can one day be just like you? 

All I need to do is practice self delusion and eschew the sciences? 

tenor.gif

Your good for a laugh at times.

Honestly, do you actually think anyone would wish to aspire to be you? Hate science, treat others rudely, and promote childish nonsense? What part of that do you see as a drawcard? 

Your epithets are unfailingly inaccurate.

• Haha 1

Just now, Habitat said:

Conclusions based on scant evidence are not scientific, so don't try and enlist science to your anti-woo agenda, because science has bloody nothing at all to say on the subject !

Steady on mate. You'll pop a vessel at this rate. Conclusions based on no evidence are b ull s hit.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

You are just an all-round bad judge, but things can change for you if you release the death-grip you have on the idea that science, or anything else, has these matters in a box. Simply not the case, nor ever likely to be. 

You are jealous of Science, your beef is there, 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Is this what inspired you to move from atheism? 

No, College Philosophy courses.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Conclusions based on no evidence are b ull s hit.

Exactly what I have been saying. There is no science that rules out an afterlife, if you want to claim there is, then you have your foot on the same slippery slope as "old mate"

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Habitat said:

One is unruffled by such remarks, when in possession of the truth.

Of course, no way you croissant be incorrect with your direct ties to the morse code in the other side is there now, I mean that's a given isn't it how can such intelligent rebut all be ignored........ 

LOL

abMZBBO_460swp.webp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You are jealous of Science, your beef is there, 

The opposite, I observe science, and I don't try and fudge facts under the guise of science. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Exactly what I have been saying. There is no science that rules out an afterlife, if you want to claim there is, then you have your foot on the same slippery slope as "old mate"

Yes, there is the death process- consciousness doesn’t survive death. 

You just won’t look at it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You say something might possibly exist based on no evidence and they say there is no evidence it exists. You operate on faith, hope, wishful thinking--they don't have anything to operate on leaving them no reason to support your hypothetical conclusions of what is possible--get it?

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Yes, there is the death process- consciousness doesn’t survive death. 

You just won’t look at it. 

You don't know what survives death, and neither do I, but I do know it ain't nuthin' !

You say something might possibly exist based on no evidence and they say there is no evidence it exists. You operate on faith, hope, wishful thinking--they don't have anything to operate on leaving them no reason to support your hypothetical conclusions of what is possible--get it.

I  said there is no science to say it doesn't, only a crackpot would make that claim, but I have my own experience to say it does, good enough for me, of course not good enough for anyone else, but to be drawing conclusions in the negative, is just a commentary on the person "bold" enough to do that, and it is a very unflattering commentary at that. If you can't see that, you are lost.

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You don't know what survives death, and neither do I, but I do know it ain't nuthin' !

Habitat this is science, if you disagree you must provide something else from science to negate this. 

Hell, I am open to it, too.

You don’t offer anything but angry Stewie outbursts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Habitat said:

It certainly is, nothing like being "Johnny on the spot"

Or Napoleon. 

Amirite or what :lol:

attachment.php?s=6fb6767e2c54957f3bd96b9

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That, sir, is a statement of faith. deal with it. The conclusions they draw is from the absence of evidence to support you faith-based ones. You really should get over yourself--You're no Billy Graham.

• Haha 1

I  said there is no science to say it doesn't, only a crackpot would make that claim, but I have my own experience to say it does, good enough for me, of course not good enough for anyone else, but to be drawing conclusions in the negative, is just a commentary on the person "bold" enough to do that, and it is a very unflattering commentary at that. If you can't see that, you are lost.

Your thinking is magical, you have not refined it. It is easy to learn to think critically. 

In fact, Hammer is trying to teach you. 

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Habitat this is science, if you disagree you must provide something else from science to negate this. 

Hell, I am open to it, too.

You don’t offer anything but angry Stewie outbursts.

What is science ? I have news for you, science really can't help with this, being a case of proving a negative, and all. But common sense tells you that.

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

No, College Philosophy courses.  

Thanks. 

I'd like to learn more one day when you have to time. I hold you in high regard so I'd be interested to see what you saw 

• Like 1

That, sir, is a statement of faith. deal with it. The conclusions they draw is from the absence of evidence to support you faith-based ones. You really should get over yourself--You're no Billy Graham.

No, I certainly don't peddle religion, I only peddle the simple creed, what you don't know, you don't know, so stop pretending otherwise. Anyone who thinks they can safely assign probabilities in these questions, without evidence, is a lost cause.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What is science ? I have news for you, science really can't help with this, being a case of proving a negative, and all. But common sense tells you that.

No evidence=the emperor has no clothes. So, you admit your arguments are purely faith-based.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quit using common sense this is your problem. Set it aside and be open to learning. You can get this.

What is Science? Is a good inquiry, you want to think critically you start by asking questions.

So what is Science? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No evidence=the emperor has no clothes. So, you admit arguments are purely faith-based.

The only evidence is directed, it is not open access, and if that throws you into a spin, too bad.

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Thanks. 

I'd like to learn more one day when you have to time. I hold you in high regard so I'd be interested to see what you saw 

Of course,Pm me anytime. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Quit using common sense this is your problem. Set it aside and be open to learning. You can get this.

What is Science? Is a good inquiry, you want to think critically you start by asking questions.

So what is Science? 

I am perfectly at home with science. Pseudo-science no. There is no science that contradicts an afterlife. Which comes as no surprise to me, knowing what I know.

• Haha 1

They want there not to be an afterlife, not to be a God.

• The topic was locked