Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

Just now, Habitat said:

The only evidence is directed, it is not open access, and if that throws you into a spin, too bad.

Faith-based, something that can be described but not shared. Hah! You'd teach your grandmother how to suck eggs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

They want there not to be an afterlife, not to be a God.

No. Like Thomas, they want to see the holes and the wound.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Habitat said:

I am perfectly at home with science. Pseudo-science no. There is no science that contradicts an afterlife. Which comes as no surprise to me, knowing what I know.

What is Science and how does one apply it. Stick with this. We will help you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Who is they? And how is this relevant to your evidence for god? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Of course, and don't want to understand why they have that predisposition. I'd have said before I became aware, that there probably was a "supreme being" of some kind, but couldn't see much point in speculating, but doubted there was any such thing as an afterlife, I really could not see why. Today I am not in any doubt about the latter, but as to the former, well all bets are off when you see the latter is real.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No. Like Thomas, they want to see the holes and the wound.

It wouldn't change their attitude. It wouldn't change a thing.

• Haha 1

Just now, Will Due said:

It wouldn't change their attitude. It wouldn't change a thing.

Of course it would--it would even change you. These are matters of Faith that can not be proven or accounted for in whole numbers. Anyone who tries to do so has no faith, at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Who is they? And how is this relevant to your evidence for god? 

It's not relevant to anything except what they are invested in.

That there is no God. That there is no afterlife. 

Because if there is, their investment won't bring any return.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Of course, and don't want to understand why they have that predisposition. I'd have said before I became aware, that there probably was a "supreme being" of some kind, but couldn't see much point in speculating, but doubted there was any such thing as an afterlife, I really could not see why. Today I am not in any doubt about the latter, but as to the former, well all bets are off when you see the latter is real.

You became aware? What does this mean?

Well if the Afterlife is real why are you struggling to produce evidence? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

'reYou became aware? What does this mean?

He speaks of matters of Faith 'though he's loathe to admit it and they're perfectly understandable--as such.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

It's not relevant to anything except what they are invested in.

That there is no God. That there is no afterlife. 

Because if there is, their investment won't bring any return.

This explains you, not anyone else. 

In  other words, this is why you believe in god for the return on your investment.   

Whatever if this works for you, but it doesn’t offer any evidence for god. 

Do you understand the difference?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Exactly what I have been saying. There is no science that rules out an afterlife, if you want to claim there is, then you have your foot on the same slippery slope as "old mate"

Its been presented. It quite clearly exists. What doesn't exist is anything at all to support your personal hurt from its eye opening information. 

Sheri hit the nail on the head again. Your jealous. Jealous people do get all belligerent and butt hurt, just like you are right now. 

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

He speaks of matters of Faith 'though he's loathe to admit it and they perfectly understandable--as such.

What is his issue with just saying he has faith in the afterlife. 

Why would he loathe to admit this?

32 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The opposite, I observe science, and I don't try and fudge facts under the guise of science. 

You fear science and hate it. 

Anyone but you can see that quite clearly. 

Just now, Sherapy said:

What is his issue with just saying he has faith in the afterlife. 

Why would he loathe to admit this?

My psychotic abilities desert me on that one. It's important to him and he can't bear being mocked and belittled over it?

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Clearly whatever controls these demonstrations, has the ability to hide it from the scoffers. But is quite happy to allow the likes of me to talk about it, knowing full well that those who "aren't for turning", will not be turned by mere words. In the end, the only useful lesson from all this, is that the true man or woman of knowledge, would not be a scoffer about such matters. To be that scoffer, is to wear the badge of fundamental ignorance, and of the pretence to non-existent knowledge. Perish the thought that there is no escape from such a mire of self-deception.

Edited by Habitat

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He speaks of matters of Faith 'though he's loathe to admit it and they're perfectly understandable--as such.

No faith involved, just cool and calm observation.

Just now, Habitat said:

Clearly whatever controls these demonstrations, has the ability to hide it from the scoffers. But is quite happy to allow the likes of me to talk about it, knowing full well that those who "aren't for turning", will not be turned by mere words. In the end, the only useful lesson from all this, is that the true man of woman of knowledge, would not be a scoffer about such matters. To be that scoffer, is to wear the badge of fundamental ignorance, and of the pretence to non-existent knowledge. Perish the thought that there is no escape from such a mire of self-deception.

Habitat, this is the scoffing forum, remember?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You don't know what survives death, and neither do I, but I do know it ain't nuthin' !

You know no such thing, all that proves is that you are a bad guesser. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Habitat, this is the scoffing forum, remember?

Not at all, scoffers are not sceptics, they have made up their minds. Or wish they could !

• Confused 1

Just now, Habitat said:

No faith involved, just cool and calm observation.

Of what? Your navel? Faith is something you can't prove to anyone else--which is perfectly fine, just don't expect any medals for it.

• Haha 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

You know no such thing, all that proves is that you are a bad guesser. 

Oh yes I do !

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What is science ? I have news for you, science really can't help with this, being a case of proving a negative, and all. But common sense tells you that.

Common sense dues not say to embrace the irrational to seek answers. That's delusional. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Clearly whatever controls these demonstrations, has the ability to hide it from the scoffers. But is quite happy to allow the likes of me to talk about it, knowing full well that those who "aren't for turning", will not be turned by mere words. In the end, the only useful lesson from all this, is that the true man of woman of knowledge, would not be a scoffer about such matters. To be that scoffer, is to wear the badge of fundamental ignorance, and of the pretence to non-existent knowledge. Perish the thought that there is no escape from such a mire of self-deception.

You are the one wearing the badge of ignorance, the not knowing kind.

God hides things only tells the “special folks” you being the self appointed bringer of truth, you sound like MW. 

You are better than this. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

This explains you, not anyone else. 

In  other words, this is why you believe in god for the return on your investment.   

Whatever if this works for you, but it doesn’t offer any evidence for god. 

Do you understand the difference?

When it comes to the afterlife, when it comes to God, there is no evidence of a return on investment. There are no guarantees. Risk is involved when investing.

If they invest in something other than the afterlife, other than God, then if an investment (that wasn't made) in the afterlife pays off, they lose.

That's the difference. 

• The topic was locked