Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

O....Kay. but If I do I'm going to tell him you put me up to it and how much you missed him......and that Habbie took off in  his bus with all his roadies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Don't forget "third eye" who is "absurd"  and what else ?

Because 'morse code from the dead and tips on the ponies from the dead refute proven physics' isn't absurd now? 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Ha ha! Come on, let that little mother of all living shine through. Wally needs the human touch.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Mundane explanations exist, and do their job well. You reject all mundane explanations for superstition. That's beyond challenge, your in crazy country now. 

Haha, as if. Your history going back to UFO days would say otherwise. 

You default to the whacky and always appear to have done so, but appear to be too embarrassed to admit that to even yourself. 

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get things so consistently arze-about. Except the bloke who I ask for his football tips, he gets about 90% of them wrong !

48 minutes ago, Will Due said:

They don't want there to be an afterlife. They don't want there to be a God. 

Why not Will? An afterlife sounds great. Sure the god if the OT sounds like a complete dick but why do you think skeptical thinkers don't 'want' there to be an afterlife? 

You don't think it could possibly be that some of us don't like the idea of living a lie not matter how wonderful it sounds? Some of us have more self respect than that? 

Or have you ever realised some of us are made of stronger stuff than those who crumble at lifes challenges and require the crutches of religion to stumble on through life? 

Food for thought there Will. I know thought is not your forte, but it's dished up anyway. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Opposite ends of the spectrum. You're both so alike, it's scary. He's you on a religious kick, but pseudoscientific about it. 

Ohh, low blow, what did I ever do to you? 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Habitat said:

They want it to be either a reality, or a non-reality, doubt is unsettling them. Just assume it might be, what is there to lose ?

You feel your something to aspire to now????? 

You have more doubt than any other poster in this forum. That's pretty clear from the way you project your failings onto others. 

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You don't think it could possibly be that some of us don't like the idea of living a lie not matter how wonderful it sounds?

How is saying you have NFI whether there might be some kind of afterlife, "living a lie" ? The lie is kidding yourself you do know.

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You feel your something to aspire to now????? 

You have more doubt than any other poster in this forum. That's pretty clear from the way you project your failings onto others. 

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

I really just have to face the fact that you are "arze-about Charlie" What are your footy tips for tonight ?

28 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get things so consistently arze-about.

Try that mirror people keep suggesting for you. That will resolve that for you. 

Except the bloke who I ask for his football tips, he gets about 90% of them wrong !

He obviously does not have your connection to the great morse code office in the sky. Do you give him dead person pony tips? I mean, what's his incentive if you're holding out on him :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Try that mirror people keep suggesting for you. That will resolve that for you. 

He obviously does not have your connection to the great morse code office in the sky. Do you give him dead person pony tips? I mean, what's his incentive if you're holding out on him :lol:

He has the reverse Midas touch, I reckon his last 11 footy picks have all lost. Just back the other team.

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

It sounds more like your oblivious to the fact that you have succumbed to the fire and brimstone approach. 

I really hope there won't be a great gnashing of teeth.

My afternoon hasn't been wasted here, I've backed five winners between delving into the mysteries of the beyond. A most handsome result.

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

How is saying you have NFI whether there might be some kind of afterlife, "living a lie" ? The lie is kidding yourself you do know.

When did Will say that?

You say your 100% sure something traverses death. 

You lie when you say science refutes the afterlife or that you know more than Caltech physicists. What do you expect out of that behaviour? Talk about living a lie!!! 

54 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Ohh, low blow, what did I ever do to you? 

You became my friend. Seriously, you adopt as extreme a position as he, on opposite ends of the spectrum and both of you are as recalcitrant and pertinacious as mules. You both dig your heels in and won't budge an inch.. You have mellowed a bit, a new and good influence in your life perhaps?

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I really just have to face the fact that you are "arze-about Charlie" What are your footy tips for tonight ?

I'm a Broncos fan Hab, but they are a bit all over the place lately. I don't care who wins as long as its a good game. Did you see the eels and the panthers? Who did you bet on? 

I don't gamble. Doesn't appeal to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Did you see the eels and the panthers? Who did you bet on? 

Took $3.30 Penrith. The oracle declared Parramatta unbeatable. Tonight he says Roosters are unbeatable.

15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I really hope there won't be a great gnashing of teeth.

You're doing plenty of that aren't you? 

That's the impression that I get. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You became my friend.

:tu:

Seriously, you adopt as extreme a position as he, on opposite ends of the spectrum and both of you are as recalcitrant and pertinacious as mules. You both dig your heels and won't budge an inch..

I'll change for the right argument though. Its why Die Checker and I can get along very well I think. And I won't berate those for not taking me at my word, I support my argument as best I can which I see as quite different to habs approach. Science is pretty black and white, whereas as philosophy is filled with different colours. 

You have mellowed a bit, a new and good influence in your life perhaps?

Indeed I'm happy to say I met a wonderful girl who has made quite a difference in my life. :) Every day is something that I look forward to again. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'll change for the right argument though. Its why Die Checker and I can get along very well I think. And I won't berate those for not taking me at my word, I support my argument as best I can which I see as quite different to habs approach. Science is pretty black and white, whereas as philosophy is filled with different colours. 

Indeed I'm happy to say I met a wonderful girl who has made quite a difference in my life. :) Every day is something that I look forward to again. 

For what it's worth, I prayed you would. I'm happy for you. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yes, you do seem happy with your new love!

Well, I know you are :wub:

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Yes, you do seem happy with your new love!

Happy seems inadequate I'm pleased to say. Didn't think this sort of thing actually existed outside of stories :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Happy seems inadequate I'm pleased to say. Didn't think this sort of thing actually existed outside of stories :)

Sounds like a happy ending for that Dean Lewis song!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope he doesn't drive her mad with Sean Carroll videos.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It does my friend and you have it, now.

I am so happy for you my dear friend. :wub:

She is a lucky woman to get you. 

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked