Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I hope he doesn't drive her mad with Sean Carroll videos.

I am certain if it was important to him she would be open, love is this way Habbies.

But, I do think you are trying to be fun. 

• Thanks 1

Love means never having to say you're sorry you watched a Sean Carroll video.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

He wont. She'll be the sun of his life and he'll fall in orbit around her.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sounds like a happy ending for that Dean Lewis song!

It is indeed. Better than the Cee Lo Green type :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Dude, she's got the TED talk app on her phone. What a gem :wub:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It does my friend and you have it, now.

I am so happy for you my dear friend. :wub:

She is a lucky woman to get you. 

Thanks, I really feel like the lucky one here though. :) I still am in awe of it all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yep, that's pretty much the case. She's an angel to me, so maybe I have to reconsider my views :)

• Haha 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

Yep, that's pretty much the case. She's an angel to me, so maybe I have to reconsider my views :)

She loves you for being you and you love her for being her. If change comes it'll be together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

She loves you for being you and you love her for being her. If change comes it'll be together.

Indeed, well said. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Indeed, well said. 

It's a "We" thing only couples know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Of what? Your navel? Faith is something you can't prove to anyone else--which is perfectly fine, just don't expect any medals for it.

The Boy with a Demon
19Afterward the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20“Because you have so little faith,” He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Ok uncle Thomas, faith can be proven, but only by those whose faith is at least the size of a mustard seed. Apparently no one has sufficient faith, as no mountains are being moved by anyone. Faith has to be free from all dots. It has to be pure and unalloyed to move mountains, or people.

It was asked, what is science? Science is faith in the purest sense of our physical senses.

What is faith? Faith is science in the purest sense of our spiritual senses.

Science can move mountains by physical means, and faith can move mountains by spiritual means.

Science is an ever changing thing, and faith is forever the same.

Science is based upon the faith of the unseen physical laws of nature, whose actions are perceived on those visible material objects they manipulate.

Faith is based on the unseen law maker of those unseen scientific physical laws, whose actions will be visible on the spiritual bodies of those who have no faith of his ability to manipulate them.

20100219230547!Dante_Inferno_Levels.png

21 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Humans will always turn to what they know comforts rather then seek out new comforts.

If that were true I would have remained with my previous girlfriend and a very stale relationship "for known comfort".

20 hours ago, Habitat said:

You aren't expected to trust anecdotes, I don't respect claims that anecdotes are useless to all, including the teller. That really is a toxic lie.

Anecdotes are unsupported claims for the most part.  The minute an anecdote + evidence appears, we should get interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

We term that as blind love!

37 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The Boy with a Demon
19Afterward the disciples came to Jesus privately and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?” 20“Because you have so little faith,” He answered. “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Ok uncle Thomas, faith can be proven, but only by those whose faith is at least the size of a mustard seed. Apparently no one has sufficient faith, as no mountains are being moved by anyone. Faith has to be free from all dots. It has to be pure and unalloyed to move mountains, or people.

It was asked, what is science? Science is faith in the purest sense of our physical senses.

What is faith? Faith is science in the purest sense of our spiritual senses.

Science can move mountains by physical means, and faith can move mountains by spiritual means.

Science is an ever changing thing, and faith is forever the same.

Science is based upon the faith of the unseen physical laws of nature, whose actions are perceived on those visible material objects they manipulate.

Faith is based on the unseen law maker of those unseen scientific physical laws, whose actions will be visible on the spiritual bodies of those who have no faith of his ability to manipulate them.

20100219230547!Dante_Inferno_Levels.png

*Yawn*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

*Yawn*

Gazuntite! Uncle Albert.

5 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Seriously, you adopt as extreme a position as he, on opposite ends of the spectrum and both of you are as recalcitrant and pertinacious as mules. You both dig your heels in and won't budge an inch..

I'd agree that Hab and psyche are entrenched at the opposite ends of the spectrum, but I think that's where the similarities end.  If you disagree with Psyche or just want to know where he's coming from, he can provide it.  I can understand how he got to his position, regardless of whether I personally come to the same conclusion from the same evidence, because he explains it in detail. 

I'd agree with you guys though that Hab I think has more potential than some of our 'other team' posters.  I just wish he'd engage with the argumentation instead of dropping one-two sentence restatements of his position that seem more defensive than anything.  There's no reason to keep the shields up, he can drop them, we're not firing photon torpedoes and full phasers.  We just naturally take sensor readings of everything here, and maybe at worst just wanna beam over a couple tribbles for him to think about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really coming to believe, perhaps understand that it's all about control. At least a sense of it. Religion, magick, the law of attraction. All revolving around "controlling circumstance". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Podo said:

These are all good points. Our need of something more is the great mystery, eh? I would argue that it is humans simply being afraid, and needing a security blanket to make them feel better. How do we fix this? I wish I knew.

Anyone who figures it out will likely be raised up as a new religious figure. :devil:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm really coming to believe, perhaps understand that it's all about control. At least a sense of it. Religion, magick, the law of attraction. All revolving around "controlling circumstance". 

Well, you either control and manage circumstance or let'm control and manage you.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Well, you either control and manage circumstance or let'm control and manage you.

The primary and most important control is over ourselves. Only so much that can be done in regards to external events. 

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The primary and most important control is over ourselves. Only so much that can be done in regards to external events. 

They can be actively or passively managed.

What one person considers "truth in politics", "truth in science", or "truth in religion" can often be substantially different from someone else.

It's somewhat considered that this phenom is attributable to the notion that, to varying degrees, humans "live in emotion", rather than "live in bare fact"

Edited by pallidin

6 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I'd agree that Hab and psyche are entrenched at the opposite ends of the spectrum, but I think that's where the similarities end.  If you disagree with Psyche or just want to know where he's coming from, he can provide it.  I can understand how he got to his position, regardless of whether I personally come to the same conclusion from the same evidence, because he explains it in detail. 

I'd agree with you guys though that Hab I think has more potential than some of our 'other team' posters.  I just wish he'd engage with the argumentation instead of dropping one-two sentence restatements of his position that seem more defensive than anything.  There's no reason to keep the shields up, he can drop them, we're not firing photon torpedoes and full phasers.  We just naturally take sensor readings of everything here, and maybe at worst just wanna beam over a couple tribbles for him to think about.

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Do the planets and all other small matter floating around us, have any say as far as being compelled to going around in nearly endless circles about the sun, which controls them?  To have any control over others one must have plenty of mass, and a positive attitude, to attract all the small negative elements.  You are an exception, as you still attract others, while you have a negative attitude and very little mass, to boot.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:08 PM, Hammerclaw said:

You ain't from Chicago.

Hi Hammer

Looks to me like there is some room for potential and hell if there is an Atlantis on Mars then why not a Chicago too.:lol:

There are 2 places named Chicago in America.

There are 2 places named Chicago in Mexico.

There is one place named Chicago in Philippines.

There is one place named Chicago in Nicaragua.

There is one place named Chicago in Mozambique.

There is one place named Chicago in Guatemala.

There is one place named Chicago in Belize.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked