Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

It depends on how functional or anti-social they are.  The 'born-this-way' argument is simply not relevant.

So if a person is a born anti-social, if he's born that way, that person should be considered abnormal. Queer.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So if a person is a born anti-social, if he's born that way, that person should be considered abnormal. Queer.

12 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

It depends on how functional or anti-social they are.

• Haha 1

That was an abnormal response.

39 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

and what planet do you live on?  "lovingly accepted"??  By who?

Just read some of the responses in this thread.

I've read some stuff here, from people I admired, that made me feel like ****. Thanks guys.

@Hammerclaw if you think that your opinions are the worst thing I've faced, then you are sadly deluded.  Does being an old fart allow you to demean people? I'm not asking you to accept me into your home, just looking for the same respect and curtesy you expect for yourself.

But, if it makes you feel like a big man, congratulations, you've hurt me. So give yourself a nice pat on the back.

No matter whether anyone else here is willing to love and accept you for who you truly are, just know that I, @Luca-Rosemom 19, @Sherapy, and I'm sure many others most certainly already do. 

I'm sorry for all the pain that you've been through. I just hope you know that despite all the ass holes who refuse to understand, you still have a base of support here who love and accept you for who you are. ^_^

1y5np8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Will Due said:

That was an abnormal response.

I'd say it was usual or normal.  I said the 'born-this-way' argument is irrelevant.  It's behaviour that matters.

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

No matter whether anyone else here is willing to love and accept you for who you truly are, just know that I, @Luca-Rosemom 19, @Sherapy, and I'm sure many others most certainly already do. 

I'm sorry for all the pain that you've been through. I just hope you know that despite all the ass holes who refuse to understand, you still have a base of support here who love and accept you for who you are. ^_^

1y5np8.jpg

I am pming her, she cannot leave she is family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sherapy said:

I am pming her, she cannot leave she is family. 

I'm gonna have to talk with some of the mods to see if I can at least get my PM privileges back. Mainly for times like this when I feel the need to support a friend.

I understand and acknowledge the reason I lost it due to petty political squabbles, but that's been 6 or 7 months ago, and I'm not interested in that. I just wish I could lend her personal aid...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, after reading the last 7 pages, Xenofish was right about the trainwreck. 

Ultimately everyone should love everyone, regardless. Doesnt mean you have to accept their opinions, or actions, though.

I do hope I've not contributed to anyone's pain recently. I wish only to inform and correct if needed, not to hurt anyone. I've done so a couple times when angry, and regretted it later.

• Like 6

Just now, Golden Duck said:

It's behaviour that matters.

Yes you're absolutely right. 

Being we're a new born tolerant society, shouldn't we be tolerant of everyone's behavior?

How can we know for sure that if someone is behaving badly, there aren't good reasons for it? Why prejudge? Why be intolerant? 

Maybe bad behaving people just need a hug.

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes you're absolutely right. 

Being we're a new born tolerant society, shouldn't we be tolerant of everyone's behavior?

How can we know for sure that if someone is behaving badly, there aren't good reasons for it? Why prejudge? Why be intolerant? 

Maybe bad behaving people just need a hug.

Will you accept anti-social behaviour Will?

11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I'm gonna have to talk with some of the mods to see if I can at least get my PM privileges back. Mainly for times like this when I feel the need to support a friend.

I understand and acknowledge the reason I lost it due to petty political squabbles, but that's been 6 or 7 months ago, and I'm not interested in that. I just wish I could lend her personal aid...

That is a good idea pm and ask Saru and explain to him why. 

I haven’t heard back, I am worried. 

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

That is a good idea pm and ask Saru and explain to him why. 

I haven’t heard back, I am worried. 

I did pm her an hour ago with a response. You obviously know her better than I do but I'd recommend just giving her some space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Will you accept anti-social behaviour Will?

Yes but it depends on how anti-social the behavior is. :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I did pm her an hour ago with a response. You obviously know her better than I do but I'd recommend just giving her some space.

Oh good, you heard from her. Thank you, for sharing. 

:wub:

Edited by Sherapy

@Jodie.Lynne

I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't unconditionally love you. Now get back in here ok?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Oh good, you heard from her. Thank you, for sharing. 

:wub:

Just glad I can help ma'am. :tsu:

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Yes but it depends on how anti-social the behavior is. :D

Lord make me pure; but, not yet

But seriously, there's a limit to what's acceptable behaviour, right?  And that's what people are judged on.

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Just glad I can help ma'am. :tsu:

Just a heads up about us females giving us space is the equivalent of not caring. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Just a heads up about us females giving us space is the equivalent of not caring. :P

But but I do care miss...honest. :unsure2:I'm Welsh, we get feelings in our heart sometimes....wait that's heartburn.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

But but I do care miss...honest. :unsure2:I'm Welsh, we get feelings in our heart sometimes....wait that's heartburn.:D

You did good.:wub:

• Like 1

Lord make me pure; but, not yet

But seriously, there's a limit to what's acceptable behaviour, right?  And that's what people are judged on.

Yes there's a limit.

But what we're really gonna be judged on is our intent and not our behavior, aren't we?

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes there's a limit.

But what we're really gonna be judged on is our intent and not our behavior, aren't we?

If someone is unacceptably harmful to society, they are removed from society.  That's how community protection is supposed to work - here on Earth.

Intent may have some bearing dependent on the circumstances.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 9:54 PM, DieChecker said:

Used in a sentence.... Atheists continue gaslighting the Christians over the Old Testament.

A lot of Christians do take the old testament into account. Even the Pope said to have a proper understanding of the Bible that one must embrace and acknowledge it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes there's a limit.

Except we can’t see someone’s intent but we can see their behavior. 

How many times have you heard well my intention wasn’t to hurt you but the behavior did hurt them.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked