Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
crookedspiral

Atheism is incompatible with science

2,614 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

psyche101
12 hours ago, pallidin said:

Sci-nerd actually describes the "first camp" on this issue. That multidimensional reality exists but is so small that is contained in the quantum realm, and thus does not affect anything else.

The second camp suggests that multidimensional reality is not restricted in such manner.

Curiously, both are mathematically suggested but neither one has been formalized with empirical standings... yet.

The second camp is mainly a Hollywood creation. QM is what Sci Nerd is referring to and you always confuse the two. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Rlyeh
13 hours ago, pallidin said:

So, let's first attack the important basic issue... "do multidimensions exists in the first place?"

I'd say height, width and length exist.

You should be asking yourself; "Why can't I find out what a dimension is?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I'd say height, width and length exist.

You should be asking yourself; "Why can't I find out what a dimension is?"

Silly humans, believing Reality exists only in the 3+1 dimensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin
8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The second camp is mainly a Hollywood creation. QM is what Sci Nerd is referring to and you always confuse the two. 

Ah, you must be a string theorist adherent.

That's cool, always love alternative theory.

Oh wait, that must mean that you believe in extended dimensions!!!

Progress...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Silly humans, believing Reality exists only in the 3+1 dimensions.

Silly pallidin, doesn't know what a dimension is.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

If there is a Heaven, and I think there is, it isn't going to be a "dimension". It is going to be a parallel universe, or a pocket universe. Or a number of interconnected pocket universes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
9 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

If there is a Heaven, and I think there is, it isn't going to be a "dimension". It is going to be a parallel universe, or a pocket universe. Or a number of interconnected pocket universes.

"If" there is a heaven, does it really matter what it is? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

"If" there is a heaven, does it really matter what it is? 

Nope. Could be anywhere. Even what is promised is subjective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Nope. Could be anywhere. Even what is promised is subjective.

It could even be the dream before the nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It could even be the dream before the nothing. 

I saw a headline that neurons can keep firing for several minutes after overall brain activity stops.

An infinity in a moment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

An infinity in a moment?

Perhaps. That final bit of dreaming before the forever darkness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

Nothing does not and cannot exist ...not forever, not for an instant.   ....just a thought .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
48 minutes ago, lightly said:

Nothing does not and cannot exist ...not forever, not for an instant.   ....just a thought .

How is it so ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
6 hours ago, Habitat said:

How is it so ?

Well absolute zero and a true vacuum are impossible, that's why and how....... well we don't know how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • Rlyeh