Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

They're not going to pretend to believe something they don't, That's called, honesty.

They actually pretend to know it ain't a reality, when they actually fear it might be. Such are the workings of the mind. They should adopt the "don't worry about it" mantra.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, your a class act, all by yourself. You amassed your very own entourage of Habbie-stalkers. You don't need to lead in for anyone.

Well the cat is away and the mouse will play. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

They're not conflicted. what they're saying is there is no evidence they've seen that  leads them to believe that something exists or could exist. After all, they're not privy to that private epiphany that makes you so sure, or want to be sure. Well, except for your polar opposite.

We're both in the south, same pole bro :lol:

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

They actually pretend to know it ain't a reality, when they actually fear it might be. Such are the workings of the mind. They should adopt the "don't worry about it" mantra.

It isn't a reality, for them--why should they pretend otherwise? You want to believe it's real--they don't give a sh I t. You can believe what you want--they don't mind.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

We're both in the south, same pole bro :lol:

Opposite ends of the spectrum. You're both so alike, it's scary. He's you on a religious kick, but pseudoscientific about it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It is formally known as integrity. 

It's not about integrity. It's about anxiety. 

Nervousness that the investment of a lifetime will all be for nothing. When it could have been for something.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The fact is some are invested in there not being a God and an afterlife. 

If that ends up being the wrong thing to have invested in, living in Death Valley would be as good as the Riviera. 

There is no conflict on my end, this is a projection of your fears and how you alleviate them. 

Your afraid of death simple as that so you use your beliefs to cope. 

I say if it works for you, cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well the cat is away and the mouse will play. 

Ah, Walker is away, so attention turns to the second-stringers !

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

They want to protect their investment that there is no God. That there is no afterlife. 

It's a lot of money.

We are all going to find out Will. What if your book is a crock but there is an afterlife and you flunked?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Nervousness that the investment of a lifetime will all be for nothing. When it could have been for something.

How is your believe system working for you. My guess is not so good, if you are here on UM relieving your anxiety by fear mongering yourself. 

Have you ever tried other ways to manage your anxiety? 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It isn't a reality, for them--why should they pretend otherwise? You want to believe it's real--they don't give a sh I t. You can believe what you want--they don't mind.

They want it to be either a reality, or a non-reality, doubt is unsettling them. Just assume it might be, what is there to lose ?

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Ah, Walker is away, so attention turns to the second-stringers !

Your never happy are you Habbie, you b itch and b itch that all of our attention is on Walker and now it is on you and you still b itch. Lol 

I say enjoy it before the cat gets back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

Your never happy are you Habbie, you b itch and b itch that all of our attention is on Walker and now it is on you and you still b itch. Lol 

I say enjoy it before the cat gets back. 

Where has he gone ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Nothing about you commends itself to the reader.

Depends on the reader. Woo peddlers hate sciences and facts. 

I guess if the "team" like your bluster, that is all that matters, after all, this is a mutual support group

What's the support for? 

Its not hard to see you're a sandwich short of a picnic. That requires no support. You happily offer evidence to support that conclusion in abundance. 

for those so afflicted with the torment of doubt.

Doubt? 

Because you claim yhets a great morse code office in the sky? Or because will thinks God is sitting at the centre of the universe? Or because Walker can regale us with tales of travelling the galaxy in a night? 

What aspect is causing this doubt you speak of old fella? 

The answer is to accept doubt as healthy, they are after all, supposed to be sceptics !

I do!!! 

I doubt that team woo is of sane mind, I doubt that you have anything to back the claims you make, I doubt wills centre of the universe, I doubt walkers alien god. All things I've asked for any proof of before realising its just a looney bin convention. 

I know physics exists, and I know they refute the idea of an afterlife. So do you, but you deny them. Its pretty clear who it is that struggles here Hab. It's not me. It's those insisting that extraordinary claims refute real science. Which is of course  crazy talk. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

They want it to be either a reality, or a non-reality, doubt is unsettling them. Just assume it might be, what is there to lose ?

It their choice, not yours. They have no interest in alleviating your self-doubt. That's your problem. Heal yourself.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Where has he gone ?

I have no idea. 

He is purrbably lurking would be my guess. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It their choice, not yours. They have no interest in alleviating your self-doubt. That's your problem. Heal yourself.

Yep, they are responsible for their own healing. 

If a poster can’t get along with everyone it is on them and about them.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I have no idea. 

He gets his feelings hurt sometimes and grows weary of arguing--he's old and not in great health. I honestly think, for all his eccentricities, he's a good man and if you knew him, personally, would be the stoutest of friends.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

He gets his feelings hurt sometimes and grows weary of arguing--he's old and not in great health. I honestly think, for all his eccentricities, he's a good man and if you knew him, personally, would be the stoutest of friends.

Oh knock it off John. Ha ha ha ha ha 

Never! Think about your sister and mine and then say this. Lol 

But he is a contributing member and part of the UM family, 

Who offers an example of the many things we explore.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It sounds more like your oblivious to the fact that you have succumbed to the fire and brimstone approach. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Oh knock it off John. Ha ha ha ha ha 

Never! Think about your sister and mine and then say this. Lol 

But he is a contributing member and part of the UM family, 

You should PM him and see if he's OK. He'd be genuinely touched. Come on, love, you're a big enough person with a tender heart!

• Confused 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You should PM him and see if he's OK. He'd be genuinely touched. Come on, love, you're a big enough person with a tender heart!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

Not gonna happen, John. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You are wasting this mundane life countering something that you say does not exist. How to explain that ?

No I'm not, I don't spend the majority of of my time here. But no matter when I log on, you seem to be online. 

Your evangelical in your pursuit to dumb others down. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sherapy said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

Not gonna happen, John. 

O....Kay. but If I do I'm going to tell him you put me up to it and how much you missed him......and that Habbie took off in  his bus with all his roadies.

• Haha 2

You are that galah who immediately rejects anything but mundane explanations.

Mundane explanations exist, and do their job well. You reject all mundane explanations for superstition. That's beyond challenge, your in crazy country now. 

I look for the mundane explanation, but don't cling to it like a limpet when it is not doing the job.

Haha, as if. Your history going back to UFO days would say otherwise. 

You default to the whacky and always appear to have done so, but appear to be too embarrassed to admit that to even yourself. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked