Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

Again, how quantum activity, clearly and repeatedly exists in the micro and yet oddly is not fully expressed in the macro is under considerable inspection.

That "bridge", which MUST exist, has not yet been found, but is presumed by default.

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Again, how quantum activity, clearly and repeatedly exists in the micro and yet oddly is not fully expressed in the macro is under considerable inspection.

That "bridge", which MUST exist, has not yet been found, but is presumed by default.

No. 

All it is, is lack of information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

No. 

Quantum activity is lack of information?

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Dany he's yours. I really don't feel like it today. 

I spend all my time in work talking about photons, experimental error just today we were looking at a time-energy entanglement experiment that made my head hurts so much I wanted to cry. I come here to not talk about that stuff 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, danydandan said:

No. 

Information? Well, what you are really talking about is that Reality exists in "uncertainty" and some, as yet unknown attribute collapses the probability into a single-state.

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Quantum activity is lack of information?

More specifically uncertainty is experimental error. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tentatively, the "probability collapse" does not appear to be a result of a "standard" force-carrier.

Causation of probability collapse into a single-state remains unknown.

Information? Well, what you are really talking about is that Reality exists in "uncertainty" and some, as yet unknown attribute collapses the probability into a single-state.

Your bringing a philosophical interpretation of experimental data I am not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Your bringing a philosophical interpretation of experimental data I am not. 

Not philosophical at all, just pure science; you know that.

I love, absolutely love, physics.

Never been highly trained, but I can certainly hold-my-own as I read a great deal on the subject.

I'm in one of my low grad "Xeno-Moods", perhaps I should skip posting today as this thread is making zero progress in any direction. And has devolved into a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can you explain probability collapse?

It's not philosophy, it's science.

No-one yet has explained it.

But there are robust efforts to understand how it happens.

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm in one of my low grad "Xeno-Moods", perhaps I should skip posting today as this thread is making zero progress in any direction. And has devolved into a waste of time.

Actually, there is a great deal of progress.

Actually, there is a great deal of progress.

No there isn't. Just you rambling on about quantum physics as if it's the new "God did it". It's old. It's been done a million times. I had to see enough of that Fillintheblanktheism when I used to be on several occult forums. There's always someone doing exactly what you're doing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

No there isn't. Just you rambling on about quantum physics as if it's the new "God did it". It's old. It's been done a million times. I had to see enough of that Fillintheblanktheism when I used to be on several occult forums. There's always someone doing exactly what you're doing. 

What am I doing?

I was under the impression that my posts are just fine.

Where are my errors?

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

God existence/non-existence is more a philosophy question than a science one. 

Whoa, step-back.

The issue of a God, God's, or multi-dimensional beings is very much a Science issue.

Whoa, step-back.

The issue of a God, God's, or multi-dimensional beings is very much a Science issue.

No it's not. Why the hell do I even bother anymore? 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No it's not. Why the hell do I even bother anymore? 

I guess only you can answer that question...

Xeno, it's actually very simple, and no need to be upset:

If there is a "God", "God's" or interdimensional realities physics will, eventually, detect it, and that detection will be demanded for acceptance.

That's why this issue is very much a scientific one, and NOT just philosophical.

Xeno, it's actually very simple, and no need to be upset:

If there is a "God", "God's" or interdimensional realities physics will, eventually, detect it, and that detection will be demanded for acceptance.

That's why this issue is very much a scientific one, and NOT just philosophical.

No one has any idea or even a clue as to what they would/should be looking for. So it's not a scientific question. Because just as you've done with quantum physics, others can and do the same thing in regards to god. They find something sciency and relate it to spirituality. Isn't the whole point of faith, to have faith. If you're trying to validate god's existence using science, then it is apparent that they do not have faith in god. As it currently stands god is just an idea. A thought.

Sort of like.

"I don't know, therefor higher dimensional beings."

Yet when asked to support such a claim, we get nada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the recent past it was virtual heresy to suggest planets outside our own solar system. I remember those times.

Many astrophysicist's refused searching due to "ridicule"

Some were brave enough to search anyway, and here we are with total acceptance of extra-solar planets.

So you see, a good investigator does NOT rely on initial proof... he searches for it, and Science advances.

Xeno, have a good life.

Our conversation is now permanently over with.

Edited by pallidin

I've noticed a few people like to think of god as a "higher dimensional being", let's say this is so. Do you think our feeble primate brains could comprehend something like that at all? 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked