Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science

Only_

2 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I am the transition between my parents and children, if I had any.

No "missing link."

We find individuals of any given species. We do not have a direct line of evidence through every generation. 

So finding subtle changes through multiple branches evidence shows us that creatures evolve.

Just how most offspring are not an exact clone of their parents. If every generation there is change occurring, would that not paint the picture that over many billions of years creatures have simply evolved with different attributes?

We're talking about the evolution of different species.

You're not a different species than your parents are you?

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Dogs, moths, and humans are all single species. Although there are variations in species, like Darwin's finches. But they are all the same species of finches. Just like a bulldog and a great dane are both members of the same species. Dogs.

That's what evolution is. Variations of a species. There were many types of humans about at one point too. 

Dogs evolved from wolves who also Hail back to Canis lepophagus. 

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

"Organic evolution is a fact; purposive or progressive evolution is a truth"

- the UB

The theory in evolution is in as much doubt as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun. 

I often wonder what you would be like if you put the same effort that you put into the UB into academic publications. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There were many types of humans about at one point too. 

That's right. But there is no evidence of transition individuals between the many types of different species of humans.

Dogs evolved from wolves who also Hail back to Canis lepophagus. 

All species evolved from earlier existent species. 

The theory of evolution is in as much doubt as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun. 

True. But evolution is more than a theory. It's a fact.

I often wonder what you would be like if you put the same effort that you put into the UB into academic publications. 

Now now psyche. Don't give it away that your argumentative defense of your proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained. 

Edited by Will Due

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

That sounds like a good arguement for the existence of God.

Evolution is evidence of a common ancestor, not God. 

All biology is related. Just not with "missing links ".

That's because of the aforementioned common ancestor. 

I can think for myself. I'm not Einstein but isn't that what he did?

Einstein had to provide proof for his thoughts. 

You said: "If you are unaware of it, does that mean it doesn't exist?" This applies inversely to the fact that there's no evidence of missing links. 

It has never been proposed that new species suddenly exist. Ever. 

The reputations of scientists are at stake.

No that's not true at all. 

Simon Conway Morris is an expert on the Burgess shale fossils. He has provided fact about evolution and he is a devout Christian. He is not at all worried about reputation just for one glaring example. 

They're invested heavily in the existence of the missing links.

No the are not. There's no such thing. 

It's fundamental to the theory of natural selection. That there are transitory individuals between one species and another. They haven't found evidence of these individuals.

Yes we have. A great many reside in the Smithsonian. 

So if they were honest, they would consider that something else is at work.

What you're suggesting is not honest. None of your claims about science or missing links is true. 

Of course, then they'd have to find another way to make a living if they were to go against mainstream anthropology.

No they would not. They would be busier than ever and wrote themselves into the history books for such an amazing turn around. It's happened before and scientists benefited greatly, that's why just if the elements in the periodic table are named after their discoverers wheh phlogiston theory became redundant. Science was pretty much rewritten and it was a good thing. 

24 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Some we have more evidence of than others. The evolution of horses and whales changing species is adundanr and clear. 

The 'missing links' you keep asking for are called vestigial bones and organs. 

24 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes, part mum, part dad. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Species is only a way to separate distinctively different creatures. To assemble them into the most genetically similar group. 

If offspring are capable of being genetically different from their parents, what is the issue with this being applied over millions of years to result in different "species"?

Why is it that so many creatures share the same features? Organs, eyes, ears, mouth, nervous system, digestive structures, skeletal system and many others. All with minor variations from each other to form different "species".

So many facets of animals are way too similar to ignore their common ancestors.

And the further back in the records we can go before there is nothing are simple one celled organisms. As you work you way up the layer thing become more and more complex.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Evolution is evidence of a common ancestor, not God. 

Evolution is evidence of a lot of things. You have a dad. He had a dad. And so on. You go back far enough and there you'll find the First Father. Everyone's dad. Know what I mean? Nevermind. 

That's because of the aforementioned common ancestor. 

That would be God.

Einstein had to provide proof for his thoughts. 

Scientifically yes. But he didn't need proof that he should think for himself.

It has never been proposed that new species suddenly exist. Ever. 

I know. 

"From era to era radically new species of animal life arise. They do not evolve as the result of the gradual accumulation of small variations; they appear as full-fledged and new orders of life, and they appear suddenly." 

- the UB

I wish I would have come up with the idea myself. :lol:

No that's not true at all. 

A lot of things are not true at all. Take Democrats for example. 

32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Thank God! :lol:

Its not a good thing. 

32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's why the members of NATO have lined up to pay their share. Don't you love it!

I do.

And just wait until the Trump administration puts the screws to those traitors who tried to oust him in a failed and pathetic coup. 

He is a horrid individual. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No offspring is a different species to its parents.

Take that back far enough through enough generations though and yes, we can reach a very different species. 

Dogs, moths, and humans are all single species. Although there are variations in species, like Darwin's finches. But they are all the same species of finches. Just like a bulldog and a great dane are both members of the same species. Dogs.

You seem to be confusing "speciation" with the idea that critters should suddenly hyper-morph to an entirely different class or order of living thing lol.

The UB is doing wonders for you Will lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Species is only a way to separate distinctively different creatures. To assemble them into the most genetically similar group. 

If offspring are capable of being genetically different from their parents, what is the issue with this being applied over millions of years to result in different "species"?

Why is it that so many creatures share the same features? Organs, eyes, ears, mouth, nervous system, digestive structures, skeletal system and many others. All with minor variations from each other to form different "species".

So many facets of animals are way too similar to ignore their common ancestors.

And the further back in the records we can go before there is nothing are simple one celled organisms. As you work you way up the layer thing become more and more complex.

It's a wonder isn't it? I love it.

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its not a good thing. 

He is a horrid individual. 

For years I never liked him. Now, I think we're watching a man lead my country like no one has ever done before. Not even Abraham Lincoln or George Washington. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Evolution is evidence of a lot of things. You have a dad. He had a dad. And so on. You go back far enough and there you'll find the First Father. Everyone's dad. Know what I mean? Nevermind. 

Yes I go. As far as species go, that's called LUCA,. 

That would be God.

No, The most commonly accepted tree of life, based on several molecular studies, has its root between a monophyletic domain Bacteria and a clade formed by Archaea and Eukaryota.

Scientifically yes. But he didn't need proof that he should think for himself.

Yes he did. QM illustrates that. 

I know. 

"From era to era radically new species of animal life arise. They do not evolve as the result of the gradual accumulation of small variations; they appear as full-fledged and new orders of life, and they appear suddenly." 

- the UB

Its not like we need more evidence that the UB is total fiction. We already know that. 

I wish I would have come up with the idea myself. :lol:

You're doing fine with your transitional argument. It's just a ridiculous as the UB claim. 

A lot of things are not true at all. Take Democrats for example. 

We don't have them here. 

5 minutes ago, Horta said:

No offspring is a different species to its parents.

Take that back far enough through enough generations though and yes, we can reach a very different species. 

Two very condradictive statements there Horta.

You seem to be confusing "speciation" with the idea that critters should suddenly hyper-morph to an entirely different class or order of living thing lol.

You mean like a caterpillar and a butterfly?

The UB is doing wonders for you Will lol.

Don't be jealous. 

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It's a wonder isn't it? I love it.

It's not really a wonder at all. Nature takes the simplest path. This is well illustrated by the laryngeal nerve on a giraffe. More evidence of evolution and more of the missing links you seek. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We don't have them here. 

jack-nicholson-about-schmidt-1108x0-c-default.jpg

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

the missing links you seek. 

Pardon me. But I never waste time seeking something that doesnt exist.

Go ahead. :D

Alright guys. I think it's time for nighty night. Peace.

27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's right. But there is no evidence of transition individuals between the many types of different species of humans.

Yes there is. DNA evidence shows that we are connected, to whom and got how long. Vestigial bones are physical evidence of previous species we evolved from which is in turn supported by fossil evidence which doesn't just show how species transitioned, but travel routes as well. 

There is mountains of evidences all supporting one another. 

All species evolved from earlier existent species. 

Yes they did. 

True. But evolution is more than a theory. It's a fact.

As I pointed out to you. 

Now now psyche. Don't give it away that your argumentative defense of your proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained. 

That's not happening though. So why make such a random comment unless you are embarrassed by the truth? 

• Like 1

Pardon me. But I never waste time seeking something that doesnt exist.

Go ahead. :D

They do exist in fossil record, vestigial bones and organs and DNA evidence. 

So why are you acting like Wendy Wright? Saying things that not only exist, but are accessible to the public do not? 

You're wasting time with the UB. It's utter nonsense and hindering your ability to learn. 

• Like 1

Yes there is. DNA evidence shows that we are connected, to whom and got how long. Vestigial bones are physical evidence of previous species we evolved from which is in turn supported by fossil evidence which doesn't just show how species transitioned, but travel routes as well. 

There is mountains of evidences all supporting one another. 

Yes they did. 

As I pointed out to you. 

That's not happening though. So why make such a random comment unless you are embarrassed by the truth? 

:lol:

Good night psyche. I wish I could keep talkin with you. We'll catch up later.

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Is that a standard dissonance coping mechanism Will?

Understanding this isn't beyond any normal person who wouldn't be considered mentally "afflicted". 

Therefore the beliefs derived from UB look like they evolve into just such an "affliction".

No. More like a crocodile and a duck.

Don't be jealous. 

Accomplished.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

How are they contradictory? 

That's a life cycle. Nothing to do with evolution. A grub grows wings as it reaches adulthood. It doesn't change into a fish or something dies it now? 

Now you are binh contradictory. You don't consider a dog like animal turning into a whale as different species but you think a grub growing wings is? 

Don't be jealous. 

Nobody is jealous of you Will. Not on these boards that I have seen anyway. People try to help you, but you don't accept help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

:lol:

Good night psyche. I wish I could keep talkin with you. We'll catch up later.

This seems to happen a lot in theses discussions. Are you actually planning to return to this one? Usually you leave the discussion and then repeat your claims again in a couple of months. 

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

This seems to happen a lot in theses discussions. Are you actually planning to return to this one? Usually you leave the discussion and then repeat your claims again in a couple of months. 

Jesus Christ :angry: Go chase a kangaroo.

Edited by Will Due

Jesus Christ :angry:

ZomboMeme 03052019010839.jpg

• Haha 4

• The topic was locked