Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atheism is incompatible with science


Only_
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

And of course, everybody should have the right to live their happiest life, but the way-above-average suicidal tendencies with man who have had gender reassignment operations, tells me that this isn't the best way forward. 

Suicide rates are so high among trans people primarily because of people like you who want to completely ignore and dismiss the science regarding their condition, and how prevalent your dismissive ignorance of science is in society.

When you suffer from a condition that a significant number of the populace fails to even recognize exists, and plenty outright call you morally wrong for being something you have no conscious control of, then that's bound to cause the likelihood of you committing suicide to skyrocket.

Stop blaming trans people and reassignment surgery for the suicide rate, when it's your own blissful ignorance and dismissal of facts that's primarily contributing to it.

12 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I think homosexuality is a sexual preference, and nothing to do with objective science. it is a personal feeling and desire and can change from  moment to moment, and I don't see an issue with that.

Transgenderism on the other hand is also a subjective opinion, and nothing to do with the empirical evidence of the physical sex that someone is born with. I guess is depends on how you interpret the word "gender", Gender to me has nothing to do with personal opinion and everything to do with the objective reality and truth. And therefore, transgenderism is impossible. You are either male, female, or intersex, and on a physical level at least, cannot be changed, it is not fluid.

Your sexual preference may change from day to day, and I have absolutely no problem with that, but the gender you were born with, is your only one.

To engender is to give birth to a new life, or a new idea etc, the point is, with humanity, you can never create a new life with two males for example, even if one of them swears blind that they are in the wrong body. It simply isn't possible. Therefore, we should see transgenderism as a subjective opinion and not as a hard scientific and empirical fact, and we should defiantly not allow rapist men to serve their time in a woman's prison - doesn't that sound reasonable?

I've explained the science to you LGBTQ+ bigots before on here multiple times, but just for the record here so that you don't come back asking me to prove it to you AGAIN, I'll leave this link that contains all the necessary links to scientific and scholarly sources that explains everything to you in great detail:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/stop-using-phony-science-to-justify-transphobia/

I realize you'll just ignore it and keep on touting your blatant ignorance of such issues, but hey, at least I did provide the science.

To any trans person who happens to be reading this dude's dismissal of your condition, just know that there are plenty of people here who do love and respect you for who you are, and who do understand. He's just another hateful ignorant idiot.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I think homosexuality is a sexual preference, and nothing to do with objective science. it is a personal feeling and desire and can change from  moment to moment, and I don't see an issue with that.

Transgenderism on the other hand is also a subjective opinion, and nothing to do with the empirical evidence of the physical sex that someone is born with. I guess is depends on how you interpret the word "gender", Gender to me has nothing to do with personal opinion and everything to do with the objective reality and truth. And therefore, transgenderism is impossible. You are either male, female, or intersex, and on a physical level at least, cannot be changed, it is not fluid.

Your sexual preference may change from day to day, and I have absolutely no problem with that, but the gender you were born with, is your only one.

To engender is to give birth to a new life, or a new idea etc, the point is, with humanity, you can never create a new life with two males for example, even if one of them swears blind that they are in the wrong body. It simply isn't possible. Therefore, we should see transgenderism as a subjective opinion and not as a hard scientific and empirical fact, and we should defiantly not allow rapist men to serve their time in a woman's prison - doesn't that sound reasonable?

 

I tend to disagree. I think homosexuality is something that a person is born with. It is not a preference. Bisexuality is a preference. On the other hand, transgenderism is somewhat of a psychological phenomenon that speaks to a person's inability to accept the way they are.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Crazyhorse does your desire to have sex change between men and women all day? Lol

For me...………………...no!

I am more than happy with the wonderful feminine aspect of our species lol.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Suicide rates are so high among trans people primarily because of people like you who want to completely ignore and dismiss the science regarding their condition, and how prevalent your dismissive ignorance of science is in society.

When you suffer from a condition that a significant number of the populace fails to even recognize exists, and plenty outright call you morally wrong for being something you have no conscious control of, then that's bound to cause the likelihood of you committing suicide to skyrocket.

Stop blaming trans people and reassignment surgery for the suicide rate, when it's your own blissful ignorance and dismissal of facts that's primarily contributing to it.

I've explained the science to you LGBTQ+ bigots before on here multiple times, but just for the record here so that you don't come back asking me to prove it to you AGAIN, I'll leave this link that contains all the necessary links to scientific and scholarly sources that explains everything to you in great detail:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/stop-using-phony-science-to-justify-transphobia/

I realize you'll just ignore it and keep on touting your blatant ignorance of such issues, but hey, at least I did provide the science.

To any trans person who happens to be reading this dude's dismissal of your condition, just know that there are plenty of people here who do love and respect you for who you are, and who do understand. He's just another hateful ignorant idiot.

From the top down.

What science? Somebodies subjective opinion over the object, empirical truth?

Where have I brought morality into play? I have never said that these folk are bad, or immoral people, that would be your bias shining through.

And in fact, it is your wilful ignorance that is causing so much pain, and, it is only because I have a deep love for humanity that is why I cannot sit by and allow such lies to do so much harm. Not least to children who are confused and then are lead down a wrong, hurtful path, by those who should know better.

Don't you blame me for the lies and deception causing so much pain that has lead so many good folk to desperate measures.

I am trying to help these people!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, joc said:

I tend to disagree. I think homosexuality is something that a person is born with. It is not a preference. Bisexuality is a preference. On the other hand, transgenderism is somewhat of a psychological phenomenon that speaks to a person's inability to accept the way they are.

 

Folk may or may not be born homosexual, I don't know, but my point was that sexuality can/and is, fluid. 

And you are right, transgenderism is a psychological phenomenon (that needs a psychological solution), not a physical operation.

A man should be able to dress and act like a woman, change their name as well to something more feminine without any grief from society, but that doesn't make transgenderism a scientific fact, and men should not be allowed, legally, to compete with women etc in society.

Nor be sent to an all women's prison.... Yes or no?>

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

For me...………………...no!

I am more than happy with the wonderful feminine aspect of our species lol.

 

 

 

So it's almost like it's not a subjective preference, but just how you were born? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

What science?

The science I linked for you that I accurately predicted you would ignore.

28 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Somebodies subjective opinion over the object, empirical truth?

You're the one espousing purely subjective opinions on the matter. 

29 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Where have I brought morality into play? I have never said that these folk are bad, or immoral people, that would be your bias shining through.

Re-read my post.

I said "plenty of people call it morally wrong." I was explaining why so many trans people kill themselves, and that it's your dismissal along with other's assertions that being that way is morally wrong that causes so many of them to kill themselves.

31 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And in fact, it is your wilful ignorance that is causing so much pain, and, it is only because I have a deep love for humanity that is why I cannot sit by and allow such lies to do so much harm. Not least to children who are confused and then are lead down a wrong, hurtful path, by those who should know better.

Don't you blame me for the lies and deception causing so much pain that has lead so many good folk to desperate measures.

I am trying to help these people!!!

Yeah, yeah. That's the same exact crap that gay conversion therapists espouse, all while psychologically damaging and abusing gay people into commiting suicide. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't care if you're trying to help. You're not. Acknowledge the scientific facts and reality, and then maybe you can help these people. Until then you're only hurting them further.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

I think homosexuality is a sexual preference, and nothing to do with objective science. it is a personal feeling and desire and can change from  moment to moment, and I don't see an issue with that.

Transgenderism on the other hand is also a subjective opinion, and nothing to do with the empirical evidence of the physical sex that someone is born with. I guess is depends on how you interpret the word "gender", Gender to me has nothing to do with personal opinion and everything to do with the objective reality and truth. And therefore, transgenderism is impossible. You are either male, female, or intersex, and on a physical level at least, cannot be changed, it is not fluid.

Your sexual preference may change from day to day, and I have absolutely no problem with that, but the gender you were born with, is your only one.

To engender is to give birth to a new life, or a new idea etc, the point is, with humanity, you can never create a new life with two males for example, even if one of them swears blind that they are in the wrong body. It simply isn't possible. Therefore, we should see transgenderism as a subjective opinion and not as a hard scientific and empirical fact, and we should defiantly not allow rapist men to serve their time in a woman's prison - doesn't that sound reasonable?

I had huge problems getting people to accept that when I said it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So it's almost like it's not a subjective preference, but just how you were born? 

 

Yes - because that is the way our species, or any other life form for that matter, has engendered the next generation.

Through a male and a female.

Why wouldn't it be encoded into our DNA?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

The science I linked for you that I accurately predicted you would ignore.

You're the one espousing purely subjective opinions on the matter. 

Re-read my post.

I said "plenty of people call it morally wrong." I was explaining why so many trans people kill themselves, and that it's your dismissal along with other's assertions that being that way is morally wrong that causes so many of them to kill themselves.

Yeah, yeah. That's the same exact crap that gay conversion therapists espouse, all while psychologically damaging and abusing gay people into commiting suicide. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't care if you're trying to help. You're not. Acknowledge the scientific facts and reality, and then maybe you can help these people. Until then you're only hurting them further.

The guy has basically said biological sex (what is between the legs) is fixed, but its the contents of ones mind that are different and determine a persons sexuality.

But in your replies you bring all of YOUR baggage. He has said nothing about morality, suicide, bigotry, etc. You have brought all of that into the conversation and are projecting it onto him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes - because that is the way our species, or any other life form for that matter, has engendered the next generation.

Through a male and a female.

Why wouldn't it be encoded into our DNA?

So being straight is not a choice/preference.

Being gay is a choice/preference.

You realize all traits are not practical for survival, there are countless examples of mutations that get passed on that don't neccesairly benefit survival

There have been accounts of gay people throughout all of history.

Why do you think people would "preference" that in places where they could be killed or worse.

Have you ever even been friends with a gay person? Ask them yourself. You will be surprised by what you hear.

It's as much a "preference" for them as it is a "preference" for you.

 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

The science I linked for you that I accurately predicted you would ignore.

You're the one espousing purely subjective opinions on the matter. 

Re-read my post.

I said "plenty of people call it morally wrong." I was explaining why so many trans people kill themselves, and that it's your dismissal along with other's assertions that being that way is morally wrong that causes so many of them to kill themselves.

Yeah, yeah. That's the same exact crap that gay conversion therapists espouse, all while psychologically damaging and abusing gay people into commiting suicide. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't care if you're trying to help. You're not. Acknowledge the scientific facts and reality, and then maybe you can help these people. Until then you're only hurting them further.

If you have scientific proof, then tell me, I have no time to go through past threads and posts..

And if plenty of people call it morally wrong - then go and challenge them, don't lump me into that same pot.

Living a lie is what causes so much damage, the truth may hurt but ultimately it will heal, and the truth is that transgenderism is a abhorant lie that is damaging thousand of peoples lives and that anyone promulgating this nonsense is a part of the problem. 

SO FOR ONE LAST TIME, WHAT EMPERICAL, OBJECTIVE PROOF OR EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE FOR THE EXCISTANCE OF TRANSGENDERISM?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

There is evidence that transsexuality is linked to certain brain structures and genetics, so no.

That talks about identity - so yeah, purely subjective.

A man may believe that they are the feminine gender, (subjective opinion) but the physical, objective, empirical facts say otherwise, and anyone, no matter how well intentioned they might be, is only adding fuel to the fire...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So being straight is not a choice/preference.

Being gay is a choice/preference.

You realize all traits are not practical for survival, there are countless examples of mutations that get passed on that don't neccesairly benefit survival

There have been accounts of gay people throughout all of history.

Why do you think people would "preference" that in places where they could be killed or worse.

Have you ever even been friends with a gay person? Ask them yourself. You will be surprised by what you hear.

It's as much a "preference" for them as it is a "preference" for you.

 

Being straight is obviously a choice as evidence by gay and bi folk...

But what's this got to do with the lie of transgenderism?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Being straight is obviously a choice as evidence by gay and bi folk...

But what's this got to do with the lie of transgenderism?

 

 

Ignoring the contradiction where in one post you say being straight is natural and not subjective, and then the next you are saying its a choice.

 

Quote

For me...………………...no!

I am more than happy with the wonderful feminine aspect of our species lol.

If being straight is a choice then why was this your reaction when I asked if you felt sexual attraction to both men and women throughout the day.

A pretty strong reaction for something that is a choice, wouldn't you say. 

 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I had huge problems getting people to accept that when I said it.

That's cuz some people don't accept lies and pseudoscience as fact.

38 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The guy has basically said biological sex (what is between the legs) is fixed, but its the contents of ones mind that are different and determine a persons sexuality.

But in your replies you bring all of YOUR baggage. He has said nothing about morality, suicide, bigotry, etc. You have brought all of that into the conversation and are projecting it onto him.

Ok boomer. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you have scientific proof, then tell me, I have no time to go through past threads and posts..

I have told you. I linked to an article that contains a myriad of scientific articles and scholarly sources. You're just ignoring it.

36 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And if plenty of people call it morally wrong - then go and challenge them, don't lump me into that same pot.

Again, I didn't say that you were calling it morally wrong. I was saying that lots of people do so, and that it's those people along with your willfully ignorant dismissal of the science that's contributing to the suicide rate; NOT reassignment surgery as you were suggesting.

36 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Living a lie is what causes so much damage, the truth may hurt but ultimately it will heal, and the truth is that transgenderism is a abhorant lie that is damaging thousand of peoples lives and that anyone promulgating this nonsense is a part of the problem. 

You're right that living a lie causes so much damage. Therefore believing the lie that trans people's condition isn't a real scientific thing that they suffer through is forcing them to live a lie, and therefore causes them so kuch damage.

36 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

SO FOR ONE LAST TIME, WHAT EMPERICAL, OBJECTIVE PROOF OR EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE FOR THE EXCISTANCE OF TRANSGENDERISM?

Allow to link it to you again just for you to continue to dismiss and ignore:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/stop-using-phony-science-to-justify-transphobia/

Edited by Aquila King
Typos. Cuz I'm a dum dum with fast thumbs.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ignoring the contradiction where in one post you say being straight is natural and not subjective, and then the next you are saying its a choice.

 

If being straight is a choice then why was this your reaction when I asked if you felt sexual attraction to both men and women throughout the day.

A pretty strong reaction for something that is a choice, wouldn't you say. 

 

 

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ignoring the contradiction where in one post you say being straight is natural and not subjective, and then the next you are saying its a choice.

 

If being straight is a choice then why was this your reaction when I asked if you felt sexual attraction to both men and women throughout the day.

A pretty strong reaction for something that is a choice, wouldn't you say. 

 

Being straight is natural, otherwise you wouldn't be here now writing these words and having those thoughts, but it is also a choice, as evidence by the gay and bi folks in the world. 

Some people love to divide us, you must be one thing or the other, when in fact our subjective opinions are fluid, (I love cholate until I've eaten too much).

And my reaction wasn't strong, it was humorous, as evidence by the "LOL" in the post.

Anyway, what's this got to do with the lie of transgenderism?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

 

Being straight is natural, otherwise you wouldn't be here now writing these words and having those thoughts, but it is also a choice, as evidence by the gay and bi folks in the world. 

Some people love to divide us, you must be one thing or the other, when in fact our subjective opinions are fluid, (I love cholate until I've eaten too much).

And my reaction wasn't strong, it was humorous, as evidence by the "LOL" in the post.

Anyway, what's this got to do with the lie of transgenderism?

 

Because it's apparent to me from your post that I have to go back to the fundamentals with you.

Maybe I can make this even simpler.

When you see a person for the first time, do you sit down and make a conscious decision of if that person is sexually attractive/ugly or do you just feel it? 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

I have told you. I linked to an article that contains a myriad of scientific articles and scholarly sources. You're just ignoring it.

Again, I didn't say that you were calling it morally wrong. I was saying that lots of people do so, and that it's those people along with your willfully ignorant dismissal of the science that's contributing to the suicide rate; NOT reassignment surgery as you were suggesting.

You're rik ht that living a lie causes so much damage. Therefore believing the lie that trans people's condition isn't a real scientific thing that they suffer through is forcing them to live a lie, and therefore causes them so kuch damage.

Allow to link it to you again just for you to continue to dismiss and ignore:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/stop-using-phony-science-to-justify-transphobia/

I never meant to say that its the reassignment surgery that was the ultimate problem, leading to depression and worse, but the living a lie, and knowing it, that is the major issue here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That talks about identity - so yeah, purely subjective.

A man may believe that they are the feminine gender, (subjective opinion) but the physical, objective, empirical facts say otherwise, and anyone, no matter how well intentioned they might be, is only adding fuel to the fire...

Can you quote to me where this article claims what you think it claims?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Because it's apparent to me from your post that I have to go back to the fundamentals with you.

Maybe I can make this even simpler.

When you see a person for the first time, do you sit down and make a conscious decision of if that person is sexually attractive/ugly or do you just feel it? 

Both.

I have a preference, I feel it, I acknowledge it.

With human beings its both, with animals its probably more instinct/feelings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I never meant to say that its the reassignment surgery that was the ultimate problem, leading to depression and worse, but the living a lie, and knowing it, that is the major issue here.

 

gaslighting-type-of-psychological-abuse.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.