Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
On3Truly

Atheism is incompatible with science

3,680 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Habitat
5 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Why should they? And how would you know? A person's real world interactions are often very different to their internet ones.

Simple, the real atheist is convinced the subject is void, they don't argue with religious types any more than I argue with flat-earthers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol
Just now, Habitat said:

Simple, the real atheist is convinced the subject is void, they don't argue with religious types any more than I argue with flat-earthers.

That's your choice. Don't impose your values onto others. I'm interested in why people believe. You seem to think it has to be about trying to win an argument. if you could stop yourself from telling people what they should think and how they should behave (consistently ignoring your own rules whilst your at it) you might actually have a productive conversation with someone.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, Arbenol said:

That's your choice. Don't impose your values onto others. I'm interested in why people believe. You seem to think it has to be about trying to win an argument. if you could stop yourself from telling people what they should think and how they should behave (consistently ignoring your own rules whilst your at it) you might actually have a productive conversation with someone.

 

Did you enjoy your suck on the lemon ? Have another one, it might sweeten you up a bit !  There are no true atheists arguing the case, I don't argue that the Earth is flat, no-one safe to let out after dark does. You may well be "interested why people believe" but the vast majority who argue the case don't, that is just a bullship cover story that some conscript, and the words used in argument give the game away. Those interested in why people believe, as the main reason, don't get into sarcastic rebuttals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
49 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

what do you guy do for fun.

 

You mean other than m********ing to pictures of jesus?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You mean other than m********ing to pictures of jesus?

Hi Imaginarynumber1

Well that may be a custom in some places but not really a part of our culture but to be honest Walker's triboobie alien has been of some concern. to the overall welfare of the group and castration is being discussed as an option.:rolleyes::whistle:

jmccr8

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Imaginarynumber1

Well that may be a custom in some places but not really a part of our culture but to be honest Walker's triboobie alien has been of some concern. to the overall welfare of the group and castration is being discussed as an option.:rolleyes::whistle:

jmccr8

Judge not, and all that

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, Arbenol said:

That's your choice. Don't impose your values onto others. I'm interested in why people believe. You seem to think it has to be about trying to win an argument. if you could stop yourself from telling people what they should think and how they should behave (consistently ignoring your own rules whilst your at it) you might actually have a productive conversation with someone.

 

Hi Arbenol

One must take into consideration that not only is everything real but it has in imaginary doppelganger that has the potential to be real. Reference... Walker files

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Judge not, and all that

Judge??? 

who are you talking to? Last judge I saw sentenced me to marriage.:innocent::whistle: Did two stretches before I found out that I didn't know women and  I pizzd them off without much effort so I decided to make them all happy to see me by not marrying them.:lol:

Here is a different story, kinda reminds me of the guy that use to come and watch me build cars because his woman thought he could learn about cars from me, he always said I am in love with a woman I can't stand/:lol:

jmccr8

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
3 hours ago, Habitat said:

Simple, the real atheist is convinced the subject is void, they don't argue with religious types any more than I argue with flat-earthers.

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe there is a god.

FULL STOP.

That's it.

Other facets of their life and personalities differs immensely. 

Some believe in ghosts, bigfoot, fairies, karma etc. Some don't. 

There are some that debate their position and others that don't. 

Your claims about what atheists do and do not do pertaining to their positions are preposterous. 

One could claim the opposite, that all theists know God is real and they don't/shouldn't debate the facts surrounding their opinion.

Not sure why you constantly assert what "real" atheists motivations are.

Again, an atheist simply doesn't accept the claim that a god exists. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
7 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Not sure why you constantly assert what "real" atheists motivations are.

They have no motivation to post on these threads, that's what !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

They have no motivation to post on these threads, that's what !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8

hI habitat

So there are no atheists that have responded, hmm, curious that is, so who are you arguing with?

jmccr8

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

They have no motivation to post on these threads, that's what !

That is patently absurd and obviously wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

That is patently absurd and obviously wrong.

Nope, it is pretty well the way things are. Subject to defining an atheist as someone who is satisfied there is no God. The half=assed brigade, are however well represented. They will have a qualifier, like, "if it shows up at my door at a convenient time, I will re-consider". I am talking about people of conviction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Nope, it is pretty well the way things are. Subject to defining an atheist as someone who is satisfied there is no God. The half=assed brigade, are however well represented. They will have a qualifier, like, "if it shows up at my door at a convenient time, I will re-consider". I am talking about people of conviction.

No. Your claim that a "real atheist" would not bother posting in this, or any thread on the subject, is fallacious. 

You blanket all "real" atheists as claiming, "There are no gods! It's proven and I'm convinced it's true and indisputable," is wrong. Some do. Other atheists simply say, "I'm not convinced a god exists."

The level of conviction differs throughout the atheistic opinion. 

Just as theistic people can range from a general belief in a god to a fervent, descriptive notion of an individual god.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
56 minutes ago, Habitat said:

They have no motivation to post on these threads, that's what !

Do you feel the same way about theists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
22 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

No. Your claim that a "real atheist" would not bother posting in this, or any thread on the subject, is fallacious. 

You blanket all "real" atheists as claiming, "There are no gods! It's proven and I'm convinced it's true and indisputable," is wrong. Some do. Other atheists simply say, "I'm not convinced a god exists."

The level of conviction differs throughout the atheistic opinion. 

Just as theistic people can range from a general belief in a god to a fervent, descriptive notion of an individual god.

A load of bullship. As I say, people of real conviction, those that are convinced there is no God, not each-way punters ! All that are seen here are the latter, including yourself. Why would that be, do you think ? The wibble-wobble brigade, who won't admit to doubt, but loiter here for that reason, doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
9 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Do you feel the same way about theists?

Yep, there are no mad fundamentalist religious here, the polar opposite of the truly convinced atheist. If they are banging on about their  religious dogma, they have doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
15 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Yep, there are no mad fundamentalist religious here, the polar opposite of the truly convinced atheist. If they are banging on about their  religious dogma, they have doubts.

Wow,  are you prepared for the backlash from @Will Due and @Mr Walker?

As far as I can tell tell one is hell bent on conversation, and one is so utterly self obsessed that they require, nah need, everyone to believe them. 

Are you sure these prominent theistic users have doubt in what they are preaching?

Anyways I kind of agree with you to a point.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

A load of bullship. As I say, people of real conviction, those that are convinced there is no God, not each-way punters ! All that are seen here are the latter, including yourself. Why would that be, do you think ? The wibble-wobble brigade, who won't admit to doubt, but loiter here for that reason, doubt.

You are now just being obtuse.

Do you really expect everyone to be so black and white in their opinions?

Some atheists say they know God doesn't exist.

Others say they don't believe God exists, but are open to evidence to the contrary. Myself included.

Do you not see the difference? 

You would like it if every atheist should reconsider and insert doubt by saying, "God might exist."

That doesn't change the fact that both sets are "real" atheists. 

To make an analogy, it seems you would have a problem with someone who doesn't like a movie discussing why they don't like it with people who do. "Why on earth would they do that!? If the don't like the movie the shouldn't even talk about it!"

People who have different viewpoints discuss why they hold a certain position. That's the point of a forum.

You are convinced God exists. Are you willing to concede you doubt that and that's why you loiter around and reply to people who don't? 

If not, I find you guilty of supreme hypocrisy. 

Including myself? I completely concede to the possibility a god might exist. You really need to stop assuming my position. If you want to know just ask for clarification. 

As of yet I have no reason to believe one does.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Wow,  are you prepared for the backlash from @Will Due and @Mr Walker?

As far as I can tell tell one is hell bent on conversation, and one is so utterly self obsessed that they require, nah need, everyone to believe them. 

Are you sure these prominent theistic users have doubt in what they are preaching?

Mr Walker doesn't even believe in a God, so far as I'm aware. Just some alien that visits him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Mr Walker doesn't even believe in a God, so far as I'm aware. Just some alien that visits him.

He does, the alien is God. Or some crap.

So do you think these two users have doubt in what they are preaching? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
3 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Others say they don't believe God exists, but are open to evidence to the contrary. Myself included.

"evidence" ? Like what ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

He does, the alien is God. Or some crap.

So do you think these two users have doubt in what they are preaching? 

We know Walker isn't preaching any God that most would call God, he is quite atypical. Will is more conventional, yes, he has doubts. Do I have doubts, yep, I don't have anything but doubts, I know nothing of God, but I do understand why the idea arises. To fill a blank in our perception of reality. I don't think any speculation about it can be useful. I don't know what fills that blank, but I am certain it cannot be understood by the rational mind. And I am not blaming whatever is there, for starving African children.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

"evidence" ? Like what ?

So you're not going to answer any of my questions? That's typical of your pompous attitude. Assert your position and disregard opposing ideas.

You're going to fall back on the tactic of asking what would constitute evidence of a god?

I don't know what would constitute "enough" evidence of a god, but none of the proposed evidence so far has convinced me.

Possibly a personal visit with god. 

A being that could sufficiently answer each and every question, with clarity and supporting evidence, about existence and the universe.

I asked you at least half a dozen questions that you simply ignored and moved on from. If you don't wish to have an actual dialog, I don't see myself wasting any more time on you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.