Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Melting glaciers expose Mt. Everest's dead

Eldorado

Expedition operators are concerned at the number of climbers' bodies that are becoming exposed on Mount Everest as its glaciers melt.

Nearly 300 mountaineers have died on the peak since the first ascent attempt and two-thirds of bodies are thought still to be buried in the snow and ice.

Bodies are being removed on the Chinese side of the mountain, to the north, as the spring climbing season starts.

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47638436

• Like 4

acute

I don't see why it costs so much to retrieve the ex-climbers. Send a sherpa up there, put each body in a Darwin Bag, then throw them down to Basecamp.

• Like 1

Piney
2 hours ago, acute said:

I don't see why it costs so much to retrieve the ex-climbers. Send a sherpa up there, put each body in a Darwin Bag, then throw them down to Basecamp.

Just give them a "Sky Burial" with a kukri knife. Carrion birds have to eat too. :yes:

• Like 1

acute

@Piney

I don't see how birds could possibly carry the gear necessary to ascend Everest. :blink:

• Haha 1

justin3651
3 hours ago, acute said:

It is often extremely dangerous to get to them and then get them down. That is why many are still where they are. 

• Like 3