Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knocking sound on window frame

7sam7

A tapping noise woke my 4yo boy and myself tonight at 2am. I investigated, no branches, no insects. I saw a gecko walking on it while the noise continued, I pointed a torch towards it and even opened the window to see if another gecko or little crackling insect was caught up on the sills. 

I recorded the tapping noise, it stopped for a bit but it kept going afterward. As I’m used to the weird noises in this house, I don’t often pay attention to the unusual to save my sanity. But this peculiar tapping was so annoying that forced us to move to my usual bedroom. 

The room where the tapping happened used to be my kids playroom, where toys would go off by themselves. I’d say the more active room in my house together with the small living room. 

When i feel a heavy load in my energy field and weird smells comes up together with brackages and malfunctioning I do smudge with sage and I call the angelic realm to come and shoo them away. So far so good. 

Im a very open minded human being, I know and believe in different realms and worlds. Different dimensions and development in knowledge while we are on Earth.

I have the tapping noise on an MP4 format that somehow I’m unable to upload. 

It would be interesting to hear from you guys. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• papageorge1

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• Nnicolette

• the13bats

48 minutes ago, 7sam7 said:

I have the tapping noise on an MP4 format that somehow I’m unable to upload. 

It would be interesting to hear from you guys. 

I'd be interested to hear this tapping noise that caused you and your son to leave the bedroom at 2AM. 

George is a resident expert on tapping sounds, he can tell if it is from the spirit world just by hearing it.;)

Im not down playing but if i heard a tapping sound in that i had time to grab a device and record it i simply would have found the source,

There are countless down to earth prosaic explanations, jumping to paranormal doesnt make sense here.

My wife, while she has a real job a PhD professor at the university she caught my affliction of obtainer of rare antiquities and any other junk, to horde or flip.

So after we moved 4 years and still not even close to unpacked lol, there was a big box with what i call junk filler toys, stuff to just give away, there are a lot of happy meal type toys that talk at random times but in this case is was a map of the USA when you place the state on it the map would say the state a capital, so for a year walk by that box just right and a hal 9000 voice would say "the capital of delaware is dover". Scared the hell out of the step daughter on a visit.

Of course that doesnt explain why that toy monkey bangs his cymbals at weird times. Jk.

I guess it might seem obvious but is your house settling? Any pests? Sudden temperature changes?

If not I will attest i heard a tapping on the metal doorknob to the bathroom while i was in the bath alone in the house once. It was a bit creepy i left the room fast too. Also have had the problem with creepy toys, i even had to  take the batteries out of one once and it continued to move sporadically.... I am so glad that doll is gone lol.

19 hours ago, the13bats said:

George is a resident expert on tapping sounds, he can tell if it is from the spirit world just by hearing it.;)

That is of course only according to bats, it's not according to George.

More mundane explanation might be geckos - we make small ones here that communicate with a knocking sound and they get bloody everywhere.