Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump signs Executive Order

acidhead

When I click on your link I get "Blocked by Content Security Policy"

But nonetheless this is good. Colleges and Universities that receive Federal funding should not suppress points of views that they disagree with.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

But nonetheless this is good. Colleges and Universities that receive Federal funding should not suppress points of views that they disagree with.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

D2Ni6l9WkBUIufZ.thumb.jpg.0fb4b51c3c7adf33e55f693730f27645.jpg

Seriously, he does something actually beneficial for society and you make a joke about his appearance? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Seriously, he does something actually beneficial for society and you make a joke about his appearance? 

Have to agree with you on this one, despite not being a huge fan of Trump myself.

This is absolutely a good thing and shouldn't be a focal point for Trump jokes. ^_^

• Like 5

7 hours ago, South Alabam said:

That'd be due to the set policies of the place you were viewing it from (i.e. Most workplaces and colleges have set rules that block the use of social websites while on their network). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Image result for mike pence memes johnny quest

OI!  Keep your mitts off Jonny Quest!  Is NOTHING sacred anymore? :w00t::gun:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Disgusting, innit?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

This is absolutely a good thing and shouldn't be a focal point for Trump jokes. ^_^

Any and every trump thread should be a focal point for trump jokes

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Any and ever trump thread should be a focal point for trump jokes

The signal to noise ratio keeps being weakened with the constant overexposure.  Keep it up.  It's just preaching to a hateful "choir" at this point.  Free speech doesn't mean the speech is necessarily of any value, after all.

• Like 2

A little more detail on the EO and what it requires of campuses around the nation:

https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2019-03-21/trump-to-sign-executive-order-protecting-campus-free-speech

• Thanks 1

Do these Executive Orders have any power at all? I mean, he seems to sign Executive Orders giving him unlimited powers to do just about anything he likes every week, but they're invariably blocked by Congress or Senators or whatever they are. They seem to be a device to keep the old fellow happy by giving him the illusion that he has any power. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Do these Executive Orders have any power at all? I mean, he seems to sign Executive Orders giving him unlimited powers to do just about anything he likes every week, but they're invariably blocked by Congress or Senators or whatever they are. They seem to be a device to keep the old fellow happy by giving him the illusion that he has any power. 

The Dems would be handing victory to El Trumpo on a plate if they block an EO about “free speech”. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Did he though? Looks more like he chose a popular right wing panic issue and made an EO that just adds another layer of bureaucracy to already existing law.

Trump's hyped free speech order asks colleges to do what they already have to

While many schools — or all schools — are frankly supposed to follow this currently, it will ensure that grant dollars are associated through the grant-making process, and schools will have to certify that they’re following this condition," a senior administration official said earlier Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, and then said:

A little more detail on the EO and what it requires of campuses around the nation:

https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2019-03-21/trump-to-sign-executive-order-protecting-campus-free-speech

I'm thinking that every time a college has to cancel conservative events because of violence from the left they should cancel liberal events as well.  Plus anyone disrupting any event using intimidation or violence should be expelled.  Not talking about people asking legitimate questions or challenging someones view in a orderly manner.  Then watch the fireworks fly as the ones shutting down others free speech complain about their free speech being shut down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Did he though? Looks more like he chose a popular right wing panic issue and made an EO that just adds another layer of bureaucracy to already existing law.

Trump's hyped free speech order asks colleges to do what they already have to

He added a incentive for universities to actually follow the law on this. By linking the grant dollars with it. This is a good thing.

Conservative speakers have been increasingly getting blocked from speaking at campuses. 

This is a real issue. I have been on campus for the past 5 years, undergrad and graduate on and off, I have seen conservative speakers get blocked. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Conservative speaking have been increasingly getting blocked from speaking at campuses.

Yeah I dont really buy into the panic. On a certain level I feel like ts simply a wedge issue and tactic that the republicans have borrowed from the racists. Culture wars on college campus are as old as college campuses and the issue of speakers being shouted down or protested out of speaking is a two way street.

The end of this article really sums up my thoughts on the whole thing well Snowflakes on the Right: Conservative Hecklers Shut Down Speakers at Whittier College

Beware campus leftists who want to end the discussion before it begins, and beware conservatives—and their friend in the White House—who would censor their foes with the exact same enthusiasm.

9 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I absolutely will

As will I, and all will be right with the world ;) 

10 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

image.thumb.png.a595fc9de91a6269a8a9980cf0d78adf.png

image.thumb.png.b63399e9145686715172a90186be8350.png