Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiple realities can exist at the same time

UM-Bot

If you are observant enough, this much is already obvious.

What i am wondering is what happens when you bring the observers with results that varied in to re-observe at the same time. Do they still both see different results?

• Haha 2

Schrödinger's cat died 60 years ago

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's at least two alternate realities in the USA right now.
Yes, I'm talking about political views. Sorry, lol.

• Haha 1

I find myself confused about one very important thing...
The quantum reality has a bridge into the "macro", yet it has never been explained.

Edited by pallidin

1 hour ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Isn't this saying that our consciousness affects the state of the particle?  At least that's what I get from it.  Oh how I wish someone would come up with a way to explain quantum physics in clear, easy to understand English.  ^_^

Atoms are made up of particles, Particles are made up of smaller particles. Then you have particles that aren't (photons.i.e light).

Sub particles are too small to make a "dent" in the "fabric" of SpaceTime. (They are so light they are literally outside of time and gravity).

Photons (light particles) are heavy enough to leave a dent in Space Time but they are ageless hence you can see "old light" when it reaches us ( i.e.faraway stars) 

That's about all I know. :yes:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

Isn't this saying that our consciousness affects the state of the particle?  At least that's what I get from it.  Oh how I wish someone would come up with a way to explain quantum physics in clear, easy to understand English.  ^_^

Not really.

The experiment is suggesting that the measurements (observations) may not be as absolute as we think. If we assume it works in our Macro-world. If you and I were standing in a room and looked at the same clock on the wall at exactly the same time and got two different times. That's what this experiment is suggesting. 

But in reality this doesn't happen nor does it happen at a quantum mechanics level due to uncertainty.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It is significant that these stories never say anything that I might be able to test at home. It seems that I am supposed to accept it just because some reporter says it. Reporters have a lousy reputation for misquoting scientists.

Yes was a known fact. There was a time traveler most likely fake his name John Titor speaking about this theory. He said he cant go back to his time but only into a parallel reality. What if he was truly a time traveler?

Edited by qxcontinuum

• 2 months later...

I cannot see the house at 34 Claylands Rd, London England.  Therefore it both exists and doesn't exist, until I actually observe it, then it suddenly exists, so my observation from the internet must have "created" the house.   By the way, how do you like the red door?  LOL. I did that!   Never mind that it has existed since before I was born,  Look it up on Google maps street view. 

Edited by TheLoneStranger
your site cut off what I wrote to about 1/10th the length of the other comments, probably because I called you out on creating clickbait articles to drive traffic to your site.

You claim that  "Now, several decades on, scientists have finally been able to conduct an experiment to actually test this concept and demonstrate that, in quantum physics at least, multiple realities can exist."  What experiment?  You provided no documentation of how a "study" proved a theory, and your quote "It seems that, in contrast to classical physics, measurement results cannot be considered absolute truth but must be understood relative to the observer who performed the measurement," said Ringbauer" is absolutely full of it. It's Bohr's Copenhagen interpretation trying to justify the lack of proof by shifting the story to the scientific process of testing and experimentation having no bearing on it so long as someone outside the lab doesn't know what's going on inside.  That is patently absurd.  Where's Schrödinger and his dead-alive cat?  What does an outside person who has no knowledge of the experiment have other than a lack of information?  How does that affect the physical state of a proton in a lab?  LOL

On 3/22/2019 at 1:57 PM, Nnicolette said:

If you are observant enough, this much is already obvious.

What i am wondering is what happens when you bring the observers with results that varied in to re-observe at the same time. Do they still both see different results?

Good point, but a tricky answer ehehehe

another beer and i might solve this :-) 

Edited by Impedancer

"Multiple realities" my butt.. :P

All it shows is that particles return to a super state after measurement. We though that measuring them would fix them for good, it (seemingly) doesn't.

It's like stopping a fan with your finger. Remove the finger, and the fan starts rotating again. That's basically what this says. It does not say there are two fans, or ten fans, or 100 fans.

Edited by sci-nerd

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We all have our own subjective reality. Objective reality doesn't care though. 

The butterfly effect begs to differ. Objective reality is actually made of millions of subjective realities.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:32 PM, Goddess of the Mist said:

Pretty hard to do.  Maybe there is no simple explanation.

Can you explain love or anger in simple words?  Sure, but you need some background and some common experience in being human to fully get it.  to understand the words

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The butterfly effect begs to differ. Objective reality is actually made of millions of subjective realities.

The butterfly effect is a causal chain of events. A lot of different individual choices and events. Run at full speed towards a brick wall. No matter what you think or believe, that wall won't care. You will hit it and it will hurt. Now your personal experience of the event, that is subjective.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It's like stopping a fan with your finger. Remove the finger, and the fan starts rotating again.

A good fan will remove the finger by itself.  Not an experiment you would want to try twice.

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

A good fan will remove the finger by itself.  Not an experiment you would want to try twice.

It's not that kind of fan. It's one of those small ones you can buy and put on the table! Duh!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It's not that kind of fan. It's one of those small ones you can buy and put on the table! Duh!

Oh, I see.  You must be living in the reality where small desk fans are not powered by Briggs &  Stratton 1.5 HP engines.   Still got all of your digits I assume. 

In the reality I came from they called me 8 fingered Tate the slow learner.

• Haha 1