Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CDN Priest Stabbed During Mass

Dark_Grey

Priest stabbed during morning mass at Montreal's Saint Joseph's Oratory

A Catholic priest was stabbed during mass in front of his congregation at Canada's largest church.

Father Claude Grou, 77, received minor injured in the altercation during a morning service at Montreal's St Joseph's Oratory.

Video of the attack, which was being broadcast live, shows a man in a baseball cap rushing the priest as he stands behind the altar.

The man was quickly detained by the church's security team.

Authorities arrested a 26-year-old suspect who they say is known to police and will be questioned on Friday afternoon.

There is no clear motive for the assault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47662196

Imagine you're sitting in your favorite wing back chair, sipping Earl Grey and watching a lovely live stream of Catholic morning mass. Suddenly, a guy rushes from the back of the Church and stabs the priest. Holy crap-ola!

The priest sustained only minor injuries so he will live. 

Edited by Still Waters
Replaced source link due to graphic content
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I wonder what the motivation for this was.....

Ratings? I mean even im thinking about checking out next weeks episode!

• Haha 2

attacker was already being held by security when police arrived

Security in a church. I thought their god was their protector. 

• Like 1

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!

But seriously that's really bad and I hope the priest recovers quickly and isn't too traumatized.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I wonder what the motivation for this was.....

Hmm...yes catholic priest tend to like children...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, 

Amazing how much sympathy posters here lose when it involves a Catholic church, compared to any other religion.....

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Impedancer said:

Well, your condescending snark and stereotyping aside, this is part of the reason why I would like to know the motivation and why the attacker did it in front of people and a running camera instead of waiting for the priest somewhere more private. Was there a reason for it, like the priest touching the guy or someone close to him in the past? Is the attacker just mentally ill? Or  did he just want to be on the news?

Edited by Orphalesion

11 hours ago, Impedancer said:

And its disgusting, inaccurate, sweeping statements like this that encourage the type of behaviour we see here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

And its disgusting, inaccurate, sweeping statements like this that encourage the type of behaviour we see here. 

Oh come on :lol:

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh come on :lol:

I know it's fun to debase those of a religious nature but more teachers and coaches have abused children than priests. You never hear about them lumped together as one big pedophile. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Ratings? I mean even im thinking about checking out next weeks episode!

Had a good laugh at that one. The attacker will turn out to be the priests brother with a fake beard lol 

like a terrible Scooby Doo mystery :lol:

ETA—-

the priest is fine. Minor injuries. It was scary but everyone will live to see another day. I wouldn’t be cracking jokes otherwise.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, skliss said:

I know it's fun to debase those of a religious nature but more teachers and coaches have abused children than priests. You never hear about them lumped together as one big pedophile. 

Saying that Catholic priests have a proclivity for young boys is not debasing the religion.

Conversely to your point had someone made the same comment about gymnastic coaches as you made about priests I would have said Come on as well.

Edited by Farmer77

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Well, your condescending snark and stereotyping aside, this is part of the reason why I would like to know the motivation and why the attacker did it in front of people and a running camera instead of waiting for the priest somewhere more private. Was there a reason for it, like the priest touching the guy or someone close to him in the past? Is the attacker just mentally ill? Or  did he just want to be on the news?

In my opinion you're mentally ill if you attack and stab someone. No matter what they may have done to you.

Edited by Impedancer

4 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

In my opinion you're mentally ill if you attack and stab someone. No matter what they may have done to you.

There is a pretty strong correlation between childhood abuse and mental illness....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Impedancer said:

So what was your  remark earlier supposed to say? If it was supposed to be funny I don't agree that somebody getting stabbed is an occasion for comedy.
I have no love for the Catholic church, and neither am I condoning the stabbing of people, but if somebody attacks a person, possibly with the intent to kill then I, personally can't help but wonder about the motive, because as you point out it is not a normal thing to do. Even less so in a public place, in front of video cameras.

Edited by Orphalesion

I'm sure we will find out soon.   

At this time, the priest is the victim.  

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

So what was your  remark earlier supposed to say? If it was supposed to be funny I don't agree that somebody getting stabbed is an occasion for comedy.
I have no love for the Catholic church, and neither am I condoning the stabbing of people, but if somebody attacks a person, possibly with the intent to kill then I, personally can't help but wonder about the motive, because as you point out it is not a normal thing to do. Even less so in a public place, in front of video 

I agree with you but Isn't it funny that there has been so many cases of pedofilia within the catholic church not that all preist are into this though  I thought the reason behind the stabbing could have something to do with this and I was not being funny,  all this is actually very sad but i guess it doesn't matter what i say someone will always be offended. Pffft.

7 hours ago, skliss said:

Studies show the vast majority of sexual abusers of children are family of that child. 

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Vlad Cristian Eremia, 26

immigrant from Romania

vlad the impaler

I imagine that you've noticed the beard already.

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

I imagine that you've noticed the beard already.

Your rampaging barbaphobia has been noted with extreme repulsion.

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2019 at 10:58 AM, Farmer77 said:

Saying that Catholic priests have a proclivity for young boys is not debasing the religion.

Conversely to your point had someone made the same comment about gymnastic coaches as you made about priests I would have said Come on as well.

You do realize there are millions of Catholic priests, right? Tens of millions over the years. It's ridiculous to say they are all pedophiles, again just like saying all teachers are pedophiles.