Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
and then

Trump recognizes Israel's claim to the Golan

288 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

and then

https://www.foxnews.com/world/trumps-support-for-israel-sovereignty-over-golan-heights-expected-make-waves-at-un

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence.  Obama's presidency led to the highest profits on record for gun sellers.  Trump's doing the same for antacid manufacturers :w00t:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

Let put some oil on the fire !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

:w00t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

Well, naturally. Whatever Israel says, the Big Fellow naturally obeys. It's the rule of US-Israeli relations Or rather, Israeli-US relations, since we all know whose foot the boot's on. :mellow: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
43 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well, naturally. Whatever Israel says, the Big Fellow naturally obeys. It's the rule of US-Israeli relations Or rather, Israeli-US relations, since we all know whose foot the boot's on. :mellow: 

You say it like it's a bad thing ;)  But surely there must be some new screeches of outrage left among those who believe he's Dr. Evil?  

In all seriousness, it's past time for this recognition of Israel's de-facto ownership of that territory.  If Syria wants it back, they can fight for it or shut up.  There is a price for mounting aggression against a neighbor.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well, naturally. Whatever Israel says, the Big Fellow naturally obeys. It's the rule of US-Israeli relations Or rather, Israeli-US relations, since we all know whose foot the boot's on. :mellow: 

When the peace deal is finally shared, you'll have egg on your face for this rhetoric.  Israelis will hate him for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Eh, give it another year and Trump will be recognizing Russia's claim on Crimea (and probably the rest of the Ukraine) as well..

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil

Eretz Israel.  Next onto southern Lebanon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Podo
Posted (edited)

I wonder if the fire will get smaller if we keep throwing flammables into it? No? THROW MORE FLAMMABLE THINGS, THAT'LL MAKE IT BETTER.

Unsurprising. Tyrants of a feather tend to flock together.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
4 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well, naturally. Whatever Israel says, the Big Fellow naturally obeys. It's the rule of US-Israeli relations Or rather, Israeli-US relations, since we all know whose foot the boot's on. :mellow: 

So we shouldn't support the only Democracy in that area? The only country in that area that holds a gay pride parade...

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
10 minutes ago, seanjo said:

So we shouldn't support the only Democracy in that area? The only country in that area that holds a gay pride parade...

Doesn't mean they aren't just as bad at committing human rights abuses as everyone else in the area

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
25 minutes ago, seanjo said:

So we shouldn't support the only Democracy in that area? The only country in that area that holds a gay pride parade...

Support Democracy?  Yes.

Support annexation of militarily conquered land?  Eh, probably not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
59 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Support Democracy?  Yes.

Support annexation of militarily conquered land?  Eh, probably not. 

It was a long-standing, commonsense tradition - until Jews got around to doing it.  As I said, the Syrians want it back, take it the old-fashioned way - or stop whining.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Eretz Israel.  Next onto southern Lebanon.

Only if Hizballah decides to attack them.  Then southern Lebanon can become a moonscape, problem sorted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, give it another year and Trump will be recognizing Russia's claim on Crimea (and probably the rest of the Ukraine) as well..

Because he's been SUCH a push-over with Putin, eh?  Trolling for fun and profit?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Support Democracy?  Yes.

Support annexation of militarily conquered land?  Eh, probably not. 

The land was gifted to the Jews by the UN after the horrors of the Holocaust. Would you live amongst the Europeans that had betrayed you and murdered your family? Or would you think about finding your own space and defending yourself?

Edited by seanjo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Doesn't mean they aren't just as bad at committing human rights abuses as everyone else in the area

Are you ****ing kidding me, just as bad?? Do you actually know how bad the Palestinian Authority, Hamas and the other despotic b******* are that surround Israel? Israel is a light in the dark in that ****ed up area.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

The land was gifted to the Jews by the UN after the horrors of the Holocaust. Would you live amongst the Europeans that had betrayed you and murdered your family, or would you think about finding your own space and defending yourself?

It became unacceptable to countenance Jews in Palestine as soon as they had nukes, it also became impossible to easily dislodge them but it doesn't stop the hate...nothing ever will.  Am Yisrael Chai!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, seanjo said:

The land was gifted to the Jews by the UN after the horrors of the Holocaust. Would you live amongst the Europeans that had betrayed you and murdered your family? Or would you think about finding your own space and defending yourself?

Hmm.  You seem to be mistaken.  The Golan Heights were part of Syria that Israel seized back in the six-day war.  Trump wouldn't have to recognize it otherwise.

Edited by Gromdor
Clarified which war
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
25 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Are you ****ing kidding me, just as bad?? Do you actually know how bad the Palestinian Authority, Hamas and the other despotic b******* are that surround Israel? Israel is a light in the dark in that ****ed up area.

They're just as ****ed as everyone in the area, you just have a massive hard on for them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

They're just as ****ed as everyone in the area, you just have a massive hard on for them.

Maybe it's because they want to be rid of people who CONSTANTLY try to murder their children?  Nah, couldn't be...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
1 minute ago, and then said:

Maybe it's because they want to be rid of people who CONSTANTLY try to murder their children?  Nah, couldn't be...

but it's okay when isreal kills kids, huh?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

but it's okay when isreal kills kids, huh?

You seem to have a problem with sorting causes and effects, don't you?  Don't blow up buses or launch rockets at civilians and no one will attack you with modern weapons.  See how easy that calculus is?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
17 minutes ago, and then said:

You seem to have a problem with sorting causes and effects, don't you?  Don't blow up buses or launch rockets at civilians and no one will attack you with modern weapons.  See how easy that calculus is?  

Goes both ways.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

You realize that this whole thing is just an election ploy to help Netanyahu get elected, right?  Whether we recognize it or not, Israel is still going to do whatever they want there, the same as the Russians in Crimea. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.