Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump recognizes Israel's claim to the Golan

and-then

https://www.foxnews.com/world/trumps-support-for-israel-sovereignty-over-golan-heights-expected-make-waves-at-un

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence.  Obama's presidency led to the highest profits on record for gun sellers.  Trump's doing the same for antacid manufacturers :w00t:

• Haha 4

:w00t:

Well, naturally. Whatever Israel says, the Big Fellow naturally obeys. It's the rule of US-Israeli relations Or rather, Israeli-US relations, since we all know whose foot the boot's on. :mellow: 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well, naturally. Whatever Israel says, the Big Fellow naturally obeys. It's the rule of US-Israeli relations Or rather, Israeli-US relations, since we all know whose foot the boot's on. :mellow: 

You say it like it's a bad thing ;)  But surely there must be some new screeches of outrage left among those who believe he's Dr. Evil?  

In all seriousness, it's past time for this recognition of Israel's de-facto ownership of that territory.  If Syria wants it back, they can fight for it or shut up.  There is a price for mounting aggression against a neighbor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

When the peace deal is finally shared, you'll have egg on your face for this rhetoric.  Israelis will hate him for it.

Eh, give it another year and Trump will be recognizing Russia's claim on Crimea (and probably the rest of the Ukraine) as well..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the fire will get smaller if we keep throwing flammables into it? No? THROW MORE FLAMMABLE THINGS, THAT'LL MAKE IT BETTER.

Unsurprising. Tyrants of a feather tend to flock together.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, seanjo said:

So we shouldn't support the only Democracy in that area? The only country in that area that holds a gay pride parade...

Doesn't mean they aren't just as bad at committing human rights abuses as everyone else in the area

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, seanjo said:

So we shouldn't support the only Democracy in that area? The only country in that area that holds a gay pride parade...

Support Democracy?  Yes.

Support annexation of militarily conquered land?  Eh, probably not. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Support Democracy?  Yes.

Support annexation of militarily conquered land?  Eh, probably not. 

It was a long-standing, commonsense tradition - until Jews got around to doing it.  As I said, the Syrians want it back, take it the old-fashioned way - or stop whining.

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Eretz Israel.  Next onto southern Lebanon.

Only if Hizballah decides to attack them.  Then southern Lebanon can become a moonscape, problem sorted...

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, give it another year and Trump will be recognizing Russia's claim on Crimea (and probably the rest of the Ukraine) as well..

Because he's been SUCH a push-over with Putin, eh?  Trolling for fun and profit?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

The land was gifted to the Jews by the UN after the horrors of the Holocaust. Would you live amongst the Europeans that had betrayed you and murdered your family, or would you think about finding your own space and defending yourself?

It became unacceptable to countenance Jews in Palestine as soon as they had nukes, it also became impossible to easily dislodge them but it doesn't stop the hate...nothing ever will.  Am Yisrael Chai!

17 minutes ago, seanjo said:

The land was gifted to the Jews by the UN after the horrors of the Holocaust. Would you live amongst the Europeans that had betrayed you and murdered your family? Or would you think about finding your own space and defending yourself?

Hmm.  You seem to be mistaken.  The Golan Heights were part of Syria that Israel seized back in the six-day war.  Trump wouldn't have to recognize it otherwise.

Edited by Gromdor
Clarified which war
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Are you ****ing kidding me, just as bad?? Do you actually know how bad the Palestinian Authority, Hamas and the other despotic b******* are that surround Israel? Israel is a light in the dark in that ****ed up area.

They're just as ****ed as everyone in the area, you just have a massive hard on for them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

They're just as ****ed as everyone in the area, you just have a massive hard on for them.

Maybe it's because they want to be rid of people who CONSTANTLY try to murder their children?  Nah, couldn't be...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

Maybe it's because they want to be rid of people who CONSTANTLY try to murder their children?  Nah, couldn't be...

but it's okay when isreal kills kids, huh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

but it's okay when isreal kills kids, huh?

You seem to have a problem with sorting causes and effects, don't you?  Don't blow up buses or launch rockets at civilians and no one will attack you with modern weapons.  See how easy that calculus is?  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, and then said:

You seem to have a problem with sorting causes and effects, don't you?  Don't blow up buses or launch rockets at civilians and no one will attack you with modern weapons.  See how easy that calculus is?  

Goes both ways.

• Like 3

You realize that this whole thing is just an election ploy to help Netanyahu get elected, right?  Whether we recognize it or not, Israel is still going to do whatever they want there, the same as the Russians in Crimea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You realize that this whole thing is just an election ploy to help Netanyahu get elected, right?  Whether we recognize it or not, Israel is still going to do whatever they want there, the same as the Russians in Crimea. 

What I realize, and accept, is that those who hate Israel - and Jews in general - will someday try to remove them forcibly from that land.  I also know it will end very badly for the region and especially for those who come against them in hate.  But keep dreaming about the comeuppance you think they have coming.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, and then said:

What I realize, and accept, is that those who hate Israel - and Jews in general - will someday try to remove them forcibly from that land.  I also know it will end very badly for the region and especially for those who come against them in hate.  But keep dreaming about the comeuppance you think they have coming.  

See you and I have different ideas when it comes to Israel.  I have Jewish family and the main supplier for my wife's company is in Israel.  Though they appreciate the free money the US gives them, they aren't keen on fighting and dying in a war orchestrated by an end of the world doom days cult based mainly in the US or when followers of said cult initiate political events just to increase the likelihood of said war.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

See you and I have different ideas when it comes to Israel.  I have Jewish family and the main supplier for my wife's company is in Israel.  Though they appreciate the free money the US gives them, they aren't keen on fighting and dying in a war orchestrated by an end of the world doom days cult based mainly in the US or when followers of said cult initiate political events just to increase the likelihood of said war.

Of course, they aren't keen on fighting or dying.  It's why they elect people like Netanyahu.  OTOH, proof that it's the only democracy over there is found in the fact that a huge Leftist party occasionally tries to buy peace with maniacs.  That said, the "end of the world doom cult" merely reports, we don't fire a single shot, so, nice try Grommy.  If they're that concerned, tell them I've heard that New York is always available.  There are many just like them in sensibility there.