Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teachers Shot With Pellets During Training

OverSword

An active-shooter training exercise at an Indiana elementary school in January left teachers with welts, bruises and abrasions after they were shot with plastic pellets by the local sheriff’s office conducting the session.

The incident, acknowledged in testimony this week before state lawmakers, was confirmed by two elementary school teachers in Monticello, who described an exercise in which teachers were asked by local law enforcement to kneel down against a classroom wall before being sprayed across their backs with plastic pellets without warning.

And now my favorite part.

“They told us, ‘This is what happens if you just cower and do nothing,’”

Link

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Why not just work in a School that's located in a Gun Free Zone? Checkmate, teachers.

31 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Why not just work in a School that's located in a Gun Free Zone? Checkmate, teachers.

Most of them do.  That's why they are routinely counted among the names of the deceased after some nut goes off on a school.  If you assume that gun laws make for safety, Chicago would be one of the best cities in the country to live and work in.  Just sayin' ...

• Like 2

And I'm sure these local law enforcement bullies, because there's no other word for it, Were trained in a "killing house". 

Jackasses.......

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

They already do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990

"The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, in a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25). The law applies to public, private, and parochialelementary schools and high schools, and to non-private property within 1000 feet of them. "

"(25)The term “school zone” means— (A)in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or (B)within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school"

"Following the Lopez decision, U.S. Attorney General Janet Renoproposed changes to 18 U.S.C. § 922(q) that were adopted in section 657 of the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997, Pub.L. 104–208, 110 Stat. 3009, enacted September 30, 1996.[2]These changes required that the firearm in question "has moved in or otherwise affects interstate commerce."[3] As nearly all firearms have moved in interstate commerce at some point in their existence, critics assert this was merely a legislative tactic to circumvent the Supreme Court's ruling.["

Edited by justin3651
  • Thanks 1

Being a teacher in the states increasingly sounds like a military role, jeez. Their role should be to teach, not to deal with insane panic scenarios.

• Like 3

Knowing teachers like I do, I’m surprised someone didn’t leap up, grab the guns and belt the crap out of the sheriff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Knowing teachers like I do, I’m surprised someone didn’t leap up, grab the guns and belt the crap out of the sheriff. 

My stepsister would of. When she taught in the Indian ghettos and reserves she would ripped knives out of the kids hands. 

We went through active shooter training years ago; the local law enforcement told us to first go and hide.  If we were found, we were shot with pellet guns.  Then we were allowed to defend ourselves.  At one point, myself and a group of others were allowed to look for the "shooter" in a darkened hallway with our own pellet guns.  

• Sad 1