Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New report exposes 'cat cannibalism' research

UM-Bot

I've read about this a few times now (most recently at IFLS)...It's disturbing AF, even if you aren't a cat/dog lover. It seems like there could be a less evil way to conduct the same research, but it would have cost more. The sad fact is, though, all sorts of animal testing still goes on and it doesn't have to. Again, it's just cheaper than computer simulations, growing test tissue from stem cells, obtaining corpses that died from natural causes or euthanasia, etc.

Edited by Seti42

Isn't this kind of like how mad cow disease started?  Feeding infected animals to other animals?  Seems like a recipe for disaster all over again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Why? I am wondering what they thought feeding them to each other would do.

Me too, but who knows how a lot of people think. This experiment was cruel, sick and a just plain waste of tax monies. 

• Like 2

I think there's still a segment of our recycling industries that think Soylent Green would be a great thing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regrettably, the animals that were fed these meats were likely destroyed at the conclusion of the tests. This is complete supposition on my behalf, but I doubt that after feeding Princess Purr, to Rex, Rex was going to be placed in a forever home.

Edited by Vox