Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to empath, anyone else here?

Sharee

I cant tell the future. Im not into devil worship. But since i was little i knew i felt different than anyone. I was always told i was to sensitive. But it was much more than that. If it makes sense i would become the person in pain...I could read people..i was everybodys counselor growing up. I could sense danger and be supersensitized to other peoples afflicitions. I could smell see and hear things that others could not. I always needed to be in or near water. The water made me “whole”.  Eventually  I was diagnosed with this affliction when i was 18 but had no clue at the time how to deal with it. Im older now and wish someone had explained how to deal with it as ive not made proper choices in my life based on being an empath. Im grateful science is starting to realized we do exist. I find its a curse more than anything else. I have a book im reading The Empaths Survival Guide which is helping. But my family does not seem to think its real and as usual feel the odd one out. Is there anybody else that is one that understands this too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to New to empath, anyone else here?
6 hours ago, Sharee said:

I cant tell the future. Im not into devil worship. But since i was little i knew i felt different than anyone. I was always told i was to sensitive. But it was much more than that. If it makes sense i would become the person in pain...I could read people..i was everybodys counselor growing up. I could sense danger and be supersensitized to other peoples afflicitions. I could smell see and hear things that others could not. I always needed to be in or near water. The water made me “whole”.  Eventually  I was diagnosed with this affliction when i was 18 but had no clue at the time how to deal with it. Im older now and wish someone had explained how to deal with it as ive not made proper choices in my life based on being an empath. Im grateful science is starting to realized we do exist. I find its a curse more than anything else. I have a book im reading The Empaths Survival Guide which is helping. But my family does not seem to think its real and as usual feel the odd one out. Is there anybody else that is one that understands this too. 

Your picking up subtle clues from the people you speak too, while being sensitive to their emotions. It's not a 'psychic power". Just a sensitivity to other peoples' emotional states. 

• Like 2

No. Its more than that. I’ll go by what counsellors physiatrists and science have proven. Id rather not debate. I prefer a true empath to respond.  I have found one person like me. But looking for more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharee said:

No. Its more than that. I’ll go by what counsellors physiatrists and science have proven. Id rather not debate. I prefer a true empath to respond.  I have found one person like me. But looking for more. 

I'm a fully trained multi-generational Shaman. I'm a "worker", not a "believer" and I know how things work. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sharee said:

Hello,

I know how some things work. We are all so unique. It is hard to apply a philosophy or a modality to a category or type of person and expect it to work well for every one in that group.

What I find works well for that exceptionally hypersensitive person is building a love bond with your higher self. The higher self is the term I use for that core inner most wisest aspect of self. That is the suggestion I like to encourage for those of us who are like you. May I ask you what your experiences have been when you seek out your own inner wisdom?

John

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

i have been looking into our empath ability, i was told that i am an empath, and being of scientific background. I wasnt satisfied with the extra ability theory. what i have found is that we may have some sort of oversensitive nervous system. if u want to hear more let me know

i am not a shaman but i have experience with dmt and ayahuasca

On 23/03/2019 at 8:28 PM, Sharee said:

Piney is right.

Thousands of people have what you have, it is not anything extrordinary.

On 23/03/2019 at 12:50 PM, Sharee said:

science is starting to realized we do exist. I find its a curse more than anything else

Science and the general public has known about it for a long time. 

Empathy is not a curse unless you are reading into it the wrong way. 

One thing too many are lacking is empathy, if everyone had it, we would be living in a far kinder world.

I always needed to be in or near water. The water made me “whole”.

Yep, i felt this too, so i did something about it, I now permanently live on a boat and travel the rivers and canals. Do you still live on land?

If you believe you have empathy, can you give an example what you have done for others? 

I could sense danger

Can you give an example please, Depending on where and how a person is raised and whether they are street wise or naive, can affect ones ability to sense danger.

On what level are you sensing danger ?

I could read people..

Most people can, all you have to do is read the signs they give off.

Bare in mind to know if you are correct in reading someone, you have to have their confirmation that you are right.

Here is a tester for you, it is rather a simple one, but a good example on how easy it is too read people, note:  no sounds, no movement, no smell, no conversing is needed to read these.

See if you can read what they are feeling 

148432-151140.jpg?itok=wEjXMHNI

Note since the internet, we have had these.

306.jpg

Understand their meaning and feeling for or with the poster is part of being human and within our nature, some just do it better than others as like some do care and some do not give a damn.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, egg1head said:

some sort of oversensitive nervous system

We have many people today with this. Just look at the silly law suits being filed or the silly thing people complain about.

There are different levels of sensitivity, some fully understandable depending on ones experiences, some just down right ridiculous because of political correctness gone mad or that they believe they are more special than others and deserve special treatment and yet have no idea how to treat others themselves because in their minds its all about them.

I can talk to the dead.. obviously they can't talk back though.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 7:28 AM, Sharee said:

Not sure about the true empath bit, but RV the future is pretty easy for me, and l can also pick up on being in danger. I have messed with tarot card readings with other's, so l guess that l can pick up on stuff from others, but havn't fussed with it much.

B)

• 3 months later...

Sharee, I'm posting this in the hope that you might return here soon. 

A Question if I may? 

Was your childhood difficult? 

Let me explain. My childhood was difficult. I believe this made me extra sensitive to the words and actions of others. 

I could have wrote what you wrote above. I do the same, I read people, I like or dislike someone before I've even spoken to them. When I was younger I was often asked if I was psychic. Are you asked this?

I don't see it as a psychic ability. It's more like a heightened awareness, having strong empathy with other people and situations.  

I hope you come back soon. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, Sharee said:

Join the dark side and learn all about that side to yourself.

Carl Jung (one of the great psychologists) Shadow Integration - https://highexistence.com/carl-jung-shadow-guide-unconscious/

Going through life being an empath puts you out of balance with the natural order of things. Life requires you to apply appropriate types of light and darkness in each situation you come across. Learn to be and to apply evil when its appropriate to do so.

A balanced human being has a fully integrated light and dark side, knows when to use both, and how to use them.

• Like 1

Reading peoples emotions is not a power. Everyone can do it. Dogs can do it. Other animals can do it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Reading peoples emotions is not a power. Everyone can do it. Dogs can do it. Other animals can do it.

It comes down to smelling them. Horses can do it the best when it comes to domesticated animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheromone

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

If you haven't, check out the link I provided in post #10. Empathy as a "psychic power" irks me. 

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you haven't, check out the link I provided in post #10. Empathy as a "psychic power" irks me. 

A sociopath can read other peoples emotions too.

They use it to spot peoples weaknesses and to get pressing those buttons. Reading emotions is not an empathic trait, being caring towards others in distress is. Where as the sociopath homes in for the kill when they detect distress.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:28 PM, Sharee said:

Yeah, I also think it's more than that although there are also people who are sociopaths but have good skills in reading people ( mentalists for example, they are not empaths ). I was told by one empath who did a reading based on my photo that I have that ability too, just have to relax and let my intuition work. She was also a very sensitive (American) woman with health issues and after a while she just closed her fb profile. I'm wondering what is happening to her right now...

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

A sociopath can read other peoples emotions too.

They use it to spot peoples weaknesses and to get pressing those buttons. Reading emotions is not an empathic trait, being caring towards others in distress is. Where as the sociopath homes in for the kill when they detect distress.

there are people who read emotions from the face, body language etc. like sociopaths and mentalists do and there are people who feel emotions like empaths. It's a completely different level.

Edited by TrumanB

17 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

there are people who read emotions from the face, body language etc. like sociopaths and mentalists do and there are people who feel emotions like empaths. It's a completely different level.

Sociopaths feel emotions, they just dont care about yours.

That is unless you went through a similar childhood experience in which case they see you as the same and will bond with you.

• Thanks 1

Sociopaths feel for themselves but they don't have empathy for others. They can be good mentalists but never empaths like OP.

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Psychic powers in general irks me. I'd love it be true but I just haven't seen tangible evidence it is. 

Does make me giggle when they say "I don't need to prove I have psychic powers cause I know I them". Yea righty ho chap!

• Like 1

I wouldn't call empathy the psychic powers. It's just someone's energy that you feel as a sensitive soul.

1 minute ago, TrumanB said:

I wouldn't call empathy the psychic powers. It's just someone's energy that you feel as a sensitive soul.

It's got nowt to do with energy or soul. Its literally reading ones emotions and basically giving a ****.

• Sad 1