Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New to empath, anyone else here?

Sharee

11 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Psychic powers in general irks me. I'd love it be true but I just haven't seen tangible evidence it is. 

Does make me giggle when they say "I don't need to prove I have psychic powers cause I know I them". Yea righty ho chap!

Oh, I agree. It's tiresome. You'd think if such abilities we real that there would be no unsolved crimes. That psychic/energy healing would surpass all medical technologies. That if we could truly project our consciousness, space exploration would be performed by everyone. Imagine a world where no one could lie. 

Yet here we are, with stories.

2 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I wouldn't call empathy the psychic powers. It's just someone's energy that you feel as a sensitive soul.

It's all mirror neurons. No paranormal or supernatural elements are required. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Oh, I agree. It's tiresome. You'd think if such abilities we real that there would be no unsolved crimes. That psychic/energy healing would surpass all medical technologies. That if we could truly project our consciousness, space exploration would be performed by everyone. Imagine a world where no one could lie. 

Yet here we are, with stories.

I honestly couldn't imagine such a place. I'm in a pretty dark place at the moment and I'm rather ****ed off with our species. Admittedly not everyone is a **** but I'm just sick of all the **** you see or hear in general.

Sorry for the little off topic rant it helps me from time to time.

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I honestly couldn't imagine such a place. I'm in a pretty dark place at the moment and I'm rather ****ed off with our species. Admittedly not everyone is a **** but I'm just sick of all the **** you see or hear in general.

No problem. I rant too. Did it almost daily for a few years on here. 

My suggestion. Take no one serious, especially yourself. 

If you can get a copy of Mark Mansons book, the subtle art of not giving an f. Do so. Helped me out. Might help you.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Idealists struggle in life because other people dont live up to their ideals.

Lets face it, half of the population are frequently arseholes and the remainder indulge every now and again. People lie, cheat, throw each other under buses, backstab, bully, undermine, and every other negative behaviour you can think off. Afterwards they all convince themselves they are moral.

It is better to be a pragmatist in life rather than an idealist. Its better to deal with how people actually are rather than get annoyed when they dont live up to how we want them to be. You cannot be disappointed with people when you realise they are all flawed to begin with.

• Thanks 1