Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Authorities Hunt for Bigfoot in Argentina

Minimalists

Here we go agian:

A strange saga unfolding in Argentina has seen police mobilize in search of a mysterious creature that might be a Bigfoot. The bizarre story reportedly began ten days ago when residents in the rural community of Quines caught glimpse of a dark-colored creature standing around six feet tall. One witness who spotted the oddity said that it was able to vault over a pair of tall barbed wire fences with the ease of a skilled athlete.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/authorities-hunt-for-bigfoot-in-argentina/

Could this be just another case of the witness mistaking the creature for something else?

• Like 6

I remember many years back with the orginal chupracabra, the PR mayor a self styled Indiana jones would go hunt it himself, lits of flash and fluff

A huge unexplained mystery to me is why does anyone bother with anecdotal evidence encounters, since the net blew up its like a badge of honor to some to babble how they saw this or that....ripley would love them...believe it or not.

I will bet a big gulp that the Argentina hunt will produce zip.

29 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Could this be just another case of the witness mistaking the creature for something else?

('witnesses' not 'witness' in above statement)

29 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Here we go again:

Now that comment I agree with. 

And here's my comments 'again'. My leading theory to explain so many of these cryptid stories is that we are not dealing with either of the two common assumptions: 1) It is misidentification of something in the realm of the normal or 2) A type of undocumented animal species

I believe these cryptids have attributes that we would colloquially term paranormal for example, not full-time residents of our normal physical plane. Hence they can be gone from our normal reality, come back, etc.. (much like ghosts in that respect)

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Now that comment I agree with. 

And here's my comments 'again'. My leading theory to explain so many of these cryptid stories is that we are not dealing with either of the two common assumptions: 1) It is misidentification of something in the realm of the normal or 2) A type of undocumented animal species

I believe these cryptids have attributes that we would colloquially term paranormal for example, not full-time residents of our normal physical plane. Hence they can be gone from our normal reality, come back, etc.. (much like ghosts in that respect)

You got the idea.

a veterinarian who examined the prints that caused all the commotion argued that, in fact, they had come from a human

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/authorities-hunt-for-bigfoot-in-argentina/

Well thats the end of that.

Anyway, whats the best way to drum up a bit  interest to get the tourists in?  But i could only find one hotel and one restuarant. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

Here we go agian:

A strange saga unfolding in Argentina has seen police mobilize in search of a mysterious creature that might be a Bigfoot. The bizarre story reportedly began ten days ago when residents in the rural community of Quines caught glimpse of a dark-colored creature standing around six feet tall. One witness who spotted the oddity said that it was able to vault over a pair of tall barbed wire fences with the ease of a skilled athlete.

Six feet tall and jumped with the ease of a skilled athlete.   Wouldn't the logical answer be that it was a skilled athlete?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Well thats the end of that.

Anyway, whats the best way to drum up a bit  interest to get the tourists in?  But i could only find one hotel and one restuarant. 

Yrs, but were they suspiciously easy to book?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Wait, what? You're serious?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Yrs, but were they suspiciously easy to book?

Looks nice, but i would be worried now to venture around in my big walking boots and big anorak in case i get mistaken for a bigfoot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I bet he is Trelane...I just ignored it.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Trelane said:

You know I am. So, what is your substantive point?

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Its papaG, unfortunately he is. But he does often bring a smile to my face

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Six feet tall and jumped with the ease of a skilled athlete.   Wouldn't the logical answer be that it was a skilled athlete?

No, it is ALWAYS best to jump to completely illogical conclusions.

Personally I think it was 4-6 demonic vampire space wombats standing on each other's back wearing a bigfoot costume hunting chupacabras. This is the most logical conclusion to be drawn, no doubt about it.

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

tenor.gif

Well roamer, that was almost a little touching.

And you might challenge your buddies here on their ‘human theory’ and how it might be a little insulting to the intelligence of multiple witnesses.

One might suspect that we shouldn’t take some articles attempt to verbally describe what the witnesses saw too literally. 

I think I would know the reasonable limits of any barefoot athlete apparently in some costume get-up for what and for why. I think I would only become alarmed to the level described in the article by something clearly beyond reasonable limits and appearance. Otherwise I would have ended the event with another shoulder shrug to the universe.

I hope that gets a smile turned eyeroll out of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I've heard of UFO's and ghosts 'popping in' and back out, but not Bigfoot.

Although I believe in Bigfoot, I'm not convinced by an interdimensional explanation. Do you think the same way about Mothman, El Chupacabra, etc?

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And you might challenge your buddies here on their ‘human theory’ and how it might be a little insulting to the intelligence of multiple witnesses.

In this case we have no idea how many people saw something.

We only have one witness say they saw it jump over a tall barbed wire fence. Considering this is a small rural area, i would be surprised if the area with barbed wire fencing was filled with multiple people.

The other person complains about the critics.

As far as we know, these two could be the owners of the one hotel in this rural area. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, acute said:

I've heard of UFO's and ghosts 'popping in' and back out, but not Bigfoot.

Although I believe in Bigfoot, I'm not convinced by an interdimensional explanation. Do you think the same way about Mothman, El Chupacabra, etc?

Yes, IMO, if either of these last two exist, and I certainly believe so with Mothman, they are not just anther undiscovered species of animal but  have attributes unknown to science probably including not being full-time residents of our physical plane.

:o Why all those shocked faces out there??

• Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Yes, IMO, if either of these last two exist, and I certainly believe so with Mothman, they are not just anther undiscovered species of animal but  have attributes unknown to science probably including not being full-time residents of our physical plane.

:o Why all those shocked faces out there??

No one's shocked that you choose the cheap cop-out explanation for the lack of definitive physical evidence. We're just bored of it by now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

In this case we have no idea how many people saw something.

No, we were given no number. But most of the articles we read like this are not top quality to say the least.

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

We only have one witness say they saw it jump over a tall barbed wire fence. Considering this is a small rural area, i would be surprised if the area with barbed wire fencing was filled with multiple people.

The other person complains about the critics.

As far as we know, these two could be the owners of the one hotel in this rural area. 

I see little merit in the 'Hotel' theory.

To add fuel to my theory, this is not the first time these somewhat humanlike species with the incredible leaping ability have been reported in my internet wonderings. And roamer, just in case, I'll have my I-phone on me on the way home from the pub tonight.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

tenor.gif

Keep it up, folks will be thinking your a man again. :o

5 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

No one's shocked that you choose the cheap cop-out explanation for the lack of definitive physical evidence. We're just bored of it by now.

If by 2019 no definitive creature has been captured, and sightings keep coming, isn't it time to consider non-boring explanations beyond misinterpretation...mis-sighting...hoax....drum up tourism….mis-sighting...etc..

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

If by 2019 no definitive creature has been captured, and sightings keep coming, isn't it time to consider non-boring explanations beyond misinterpretation...mis-sighting...hoax....drum up tourism….mis-sighting...etc..

Just because you perceive the logical explanations to be "boring" doesn't make them any less valid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Just because you perceive the logical explanations to be "boring" doesn't make them any less valid.

Just because you perceive the beyond the normal explanations to be "boring" doesn't make them any less valid.

• Haha 1

Just because you perceive the beyond the normal explanations to be "boring" doesn't make them any less valid

Boring? No, i just do not jump to the irrational, illogical.

When i see anyone mention mothman in the way PG did i instantly know hes talking bs because anyone who does any real research on the mothman folklore learns real quickly just how mundain and prosaic it was,

Rewind past the book written by a fantasy minded beatnik and go to the original reports filled by teens out drinking partying, one girl was prone to hysteria, the silver bridge fell years later because it was old, overused and had a faulty part, again keel is to blame for that connection as he was with the lights in the sky ufo sightings, he salted and baited people right and left, no irony when a real tragedy happened people chilled on the folklore hype, but the town makes money off the idea so its a win.

The original witness drawing will always look like a mad barn owl to me.

mothman.jpg.6b3d5ef711be71c7ff3e76dfe0faa064.jpg

They have eye reflection,  most all creatures do.

To me the biggest lamest cop out a true believer can pull is when they know how weak and empty an anecdotal case is and know they have zero proof they just spew how the encounter is other worldly, interdimensional where their lack of evidence is embraced by their ilk.

Its still a huge unexplained mystery to me why pg doesnt believe every word budding posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it could have been a gorilla escaped from a private zoo owned by one of the Worlds big crims in hiding in Argentina,if it was anything at all.