Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Professor claims UFOs may be from the future

109 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

sci-nerd

I had that idea a decade ago, but I abandoned it, after I learned what backwards time travel would require.

Sounds more like attention seeking, than an honest proposal.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

Us from the 'future' and/or another dimension makes more sense than aliens from another part of the galaxy, IMO. The common look of grey aliens is too humanoid...Like something we built (or was built by something we built) or something we evolved into. Again, IMO. I think that aliens from a whole other part of the galaxy wouldn't be humanoid at all, and probably wouldn't be compatible with our atmosphere at all either. Not to mention viruses, bacteria, etc. Finally, I believe there is no way actual aliens would A) ever come here, and B) if anything, they'd send probes/signals out like we do.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

Where is his evidence of any alien crafts visited Earth, surely he should have that first? 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trelane

This is just absurd.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
esoteric_toad
8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Where is his evidence of any alien crafts visited Earth, surely he should have that first? 

There is none but that doesn't stop people claiming otherwise for attention, good or bad.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
7 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:
16 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Where is his evidence of any alien crafts visited Earth, surely he should have that first? 

There is none but that doesn't stop people claiming otherwise for attention, good or bad.

To be fair, the future people of Earth are not aliens per se.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Just now, sci-nerd said:

To be fair, the future people of Earth are not aliens per se.

I suppose that would make us ghosts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
19 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Us from the 'future' and/or another dimension makes more sense than aliens from another part of the galaxy, IMO. The common look of grey aliens is too humanoid...Like something we built (or was built by something we built) or something we evolved into. Again, IMO. I think that aliens from a whole other part of the galaxy wouldn't be humanoid at all, and probably wouldn't be compatible with our atmosphere at all either. Not to mention viruses, bacteria, etc. Finally, I believe there is no way actual aliens would A) ever come here, and B) if anything, they'd send probes/signals out like we do.

Us from another dimension is as nonsensical as us from another galaxy, it wouldn't be us.  There is absolutely nothing to indicate anyone can travel back in time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
1 minute ago, acute said:

Probing ourselves, eh?

Perverts.

While we are still alive!  

But if we are ghosts then technically we are not alive.

I just want to know why we can not walk through walls? 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alien Origins

I want the crack he's smoking.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Us from another dimension is as nonsensical as us from another galaxy, it wouldn't be us.  There is absolutely nothing to indicate anyone can travel back in time.

Travelling hundreds, thousands, even millions of light years is just as absurd as time travel, if not more-so. I think that time and alternate dimensions might wind up being the easier travel through than actually getting from point A to point B in this galaxy/universe. It's all hypothetical and probably fiction, lol. 

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Travelling hundreds, thousands, even millions of light years is just as absurd as time travel, if not more-so. I think that time and alternate dimensions might wind up being the easier travel through than actually getting from point A to point B in this galaxy/universe. It's all hypothetical and probably fiction, lol. 

If we could somehow make a big and stable black hole near Earth, we could skip a dozen light years. Hypothetically.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

The discription of greys started in the 1800s as what future humans might look like, not time travellers just evolution theory then it was all mixed and intertwined with aliens, betty hill first described the aliens as dark haired with big noses then saw outer limits and changed her discriptions,

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

betty hill first described the aliens as dark haired with big noses

:D:D:D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The discription of greys started in the 1800s as what future humans might look like, not time travellers just evolution theory then it was all mixed and intertwined with aliens, betty hill first described the aliens as dark haired with big noses then saw outer limits and changed her discriptions,

Then they were added to the human psyche, becoming one of the many "Mind Monkeys" that make up our nightmares.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

One of the churches I went to told kids that if UFO's were real they were time travelers because the bible didnt talk about god making Aliens.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Direct me to the bible passage about time travel....who can guess what film my screen name is a goth parody of...

:whistle:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
esoteric_toad
1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

To be fair, the future people of Earth are not aliens per se.

I stick with the idea that IF you could manage to create something that would allow time travel you would only be able to travel back in time to the point of the items creation. That is assuming that there are no parallel universes. Both reverse time travel and the whole multiverse thing are highly questionable imo*.

 

*both are in theory possible but neither have been proven to happen or even exist. Parallel universes might exist but there seems to be a consensus that it is not possible to go from one to another (except in science fiction). I could be wrong, that would be cool with me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

Both reverse time travel and the whole multiverse thing are highly questionable imo

I couldn't agree more!

I would even go so far as to claim, that parallel universes would require some sort of upper management.
Nature would not be able to pull it off by itself. It's too delicate.

Edited by sci-nerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

who can guess what film my screen name is a goth parody of...

The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

To be fair, the future people of Earth are not aliens per se.

What if they're born off-planet?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.