Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Professor claims UFOs may be from the future

UM-Bot

I had that idea a decade ago, but I abandoned it, after I learned what backwards time travel would require.

Sounds more like attention seeking, than an honest proposal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Us from the 'future' and/or another dimension makes more sense than aliens from another part of the galaxy, IMO. The common look of grey aliens is too humanoid...Like something we built (or was built by something we built) or something we evolved into. Again, IMO. I think that aliens from a whole other part of the galaxy wouldn't be humanoid at all, and probably wouldn't be compatible with our atmosphere at all either. Not to mention viruses, bacteria, etc. Finally, I believe there is no way actual aliens would A) ever come here, and B) if anything, they'd send probes/signals out like we do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Where is his evidence of any alien crafts visited Earth, surely he should have that first? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Where is his evidence of any alien crafts visited Earth, surely he should have that first? 

There is none but that doesn't stop people claiming otherwise for attention, good or bad.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:
16 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

There is none but that doesn't stop people claiming otherwise for attention, good or bad.

To be fair, the future people of Earth are not aliens per se.

• Like 2

Just now, sci-nerd said:

I suppose that would make us ghosts? 

19 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Us from the 'future' and/or another dimension makes more sense than aliens from another part of the galaxy, IMO. The common look of grey aliens is too humanoid...Like something we built (or was built by something we built) or something we evolved into. Again, IMO. I think that aliens from a whole other part of the galaxy wouldn't be humanoid at all, and probably wouldn't be compatible with our atmosphere at all either. Not to mention viruses, bacteria, etc. Finally, I believe there is no way actual aliens would A) ever come here, and B) if anything, they'd send probes/signals out like we do.

Us from another dimension is as nonsensical as us from another galaxy, it wouldn't be us.  There is absolutely nothing to indicate anyone can travel back in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, acute said:

Probing ourselves, eh?

Perverts.

While we are still alive!  

But if we are ghosts then technically we are not alive.

I just want to know why we can not walk through walls? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Us from another dimension is as nonsensical as us from another galaxy, it wouldn't be us.  There is absolutely nothing to indicate anyone can travel back in time.

Travelling hundreds, thousands, even millions of light years is just as absurd as time travel, if not more-so. I think that time and alternate dimensions might wind up being the easier travel through than actually getting from point A to point B in this galaxy/universe. It's all hypothetical and probably fiction, lol. 

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Travelling hundreds, thousands, even millions of light years is just as absurd as time travel, if not more-so. I think that time and alternate dimensions might wind up being the easier travel through than actually getting from point A to point B in this galaxy/universe. It's all hypothetical and probably fiction, lol. 

If we could somehow make a big and stable black hole near Earth, we could skip a dozen light years. Hypothetically.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 3

The discription of greys started in the 1800s as what future humans might look like, not time travellers just evolution theory then it was all mixed and intertwined with aliens, betty hill first described the aliens as dark haired with big noses then saw outer limits and changed her discriptions,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

betty hill first described the aliens as dark haired with big noses

:D:D:D

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The discription of greys started in the 1800s as what future humans might look like, not time travellers just evolution theory then it was all mixed and intertwined with aliens, betty hill first described the aliens as dark haired with big noses then saw outer limits and changed her discriptions,

Then they were added to the human psyche, becoming one of the many "Mind Monkeys" that make up our nightmares.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the churches I went to told kids that if UFO's were real they were time travelers because the bible didnt talk about god making Aliens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Direct me to the bible passage about time travel....who can guess what film my screen name is a goth parody of...

:whistle:

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I stick with the idea that IF you could manage to create something that would allow time travel you would only be able to travel back in time to the point of the items creation. That is assuming that there are no parallel universes. Both reverse time travel and the whole multiverse thing are highly questionable imo*.

*both are in theory possible but neither have been proven to happen or even exist. Parallel universes might exist but there seems to be a consensus that it is not possible to go from one to another (except in science fiction). I could be wrong, that would be cool with me.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, esoteric_toad said:

Both reverse time travel and the whole multiverse thing are highly questionable imo

I couldn't agree more!

I would even go so far as to claim, that parallel universes would require some sort of upper management.
Nature would not be able to pull it off by itself. It's too delicate.

Edited by sci-nerd

24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

who can guess what film my screen name is a goth parody of...

The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

What if they're born off-planet?

• Like 4