Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Professor claims UFOs may be from the future

UM-Bot

17 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

It's possible for one to swallow something.....And I don't know if there is one anywhere close to Earth or even in our Solar System....

The nearest one we know of is 

The closest black hole we know of is V616 Monocerotis, also known as V616 Mon. It’s located about 3,000 light years away, 

https://www.universetoday.com/127942/closest-black-hole/

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

It's possible for one to swallow something.....And I don't know if there is one anywhere close to Earth or even in our Solar System....

What they actually are is theoretical.  In astronomy class I did a report on black holes.  At the time there were three different theories as to what they could be.  Each theory was presented as fact I noticed and have taken the word of scientists on them lightly since then.

edit to add:  that was back in 1982 but not much has actually changed to affect our real knowledge about the phenomena since well before then.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

Why would you need a black hole? I'd think for time travel of any kind to be possible you'd need to either open up space time, not collapse it. Or somehow exist outside of space time. 

• Like 1

assuming man even makes it through the next few hundred years.....

and why on earth come back in a ufo?......why not just come back as a man on street?

besides with the amount of books and tons of internet data....any future man will have no need to come back.....they could just study all the data

Crossing the event horizon is sort of the gravitational equivalent of going faster than light. Either one takes you out of our space time.

Harte

"Professor claims UFOs may be from the future"

"It also posits that the binary message itself is actually the product of human time travelers from the year 8100 (hence “Origin Year 8100”). These same time travelers, whatever their purpose (“Exploration of Humanity,” perhaps?), are also responsible for most UFO sightings, and are in fact the ones leaving mysterious crop circles around the planet."

https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2015/09/07/rendlesham-forest-incident-the-time-travelers-binary-message/

21 hours ago, OverSword said:

If we could manipulate such extreme gravities as it takes to form black holes that would soon become the ultimate weapon. 

I said "big and stable", but I forgot one critical feature: Safe!

Using it as a weapon where? On earth? Wouldn't that be the end of us all?

Just now, sci-nerd said:

I said "big and stable", but I forgot one critical feature: Safe!

Using it as a weapon where? On earth? Wouldn't that be the end of us all?

What if you could control it exactly?  Just enough to pound a city or two flat if you choose.

21 hours ago, OverSword said:

I myself believe that we are a simulation and that parallel/alternate realities are an inevitability as many different simulations would be running on the same mainframe (so to speak) at once.

I've played with that idea, but dismissed it. I assume the CPU/GPU power to run this universe alone, is pushing their limit. I base that on the amount of AI's in the system currently (7.5 billions). AI's that must require more computation a piece, than the rest of nature all together.

If my assumption is true, we will soon face an epic pandemic...!

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What if you could control it exactly?  Just enough to pound a city or two flat if you choose.

The testing would have to be made far outside our solar system. So we're talking maybe 100 years from now. But yeah, if it's technically possible, sure!

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I've played with that idea, but dismissed it. I assume the CPU/GPU power to run this universe alone, is pushing their limit. I base that on the amount of AI's in the system currently (7.5 billions). AI's that must require more computation a piece, than the rest of nature all together.

That's another reason we know there are no "aliens" in our universe.  Also everywhere we haven't been yet is just and image :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The testing would have to be made far outside our solar system. So we're talking maybe 100 years from now. But yeah, if it's technically possible, sure!

It would be the same type of device that allows artificial gravity that is shown in nearly every piece of SciFi.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It would be the same type of device that allows artificial gravity that is shown in nearly every piece of SciFi.

We already have a safe and simple solution to that. Centrifuge power.
You just add a wheel shaped section to the spacecraft, and let it spin. Then the outer area of that "wheel" will have harmless artificial gravity.

Edited by sci-nerd

58 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

We already have a safe and simple solution to that. Centrifuge power.
You just add a wheel shaped section to the spacecraft, and let it spin. Then the outer area of that "wheel" will have harmless artificial gravity.

That won't work on the enterprise or the millennium falcon.

Edit:  Oh yeah.  Also inertial dampners are required so you don't get smashed to paste when you jump to warp drive.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Unless this entire universe is part of a collective dream. Due to a neural network connecting minds together. Meaning that each mind creates a purely subjective reality that works with objective rules and limitations.

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Unless this entire universe is part of a collective dream. Due to a neural network connecting minds together. Meaning that each mind creates a purely subjective reality that works with objective rules and limitations.

Do you really think that 7.5 billions physical persons could be hooked up to a virtual reality?
I just don't find that plausible...

3.2 billion have internet access (in this world). That's less than half. And they all do totally different things. 7.5 billion doing the same thing? Hmmm......

Edited by sci-nerd

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Do you really think that 7.5 billions physical persons could be hooked up to a virtual reality?
I just don't find that plausible...

3.2 billion have internet access (in this world). That's less than half. And the all do totally different things. 7.5 billion doing the same thing? Hmmm......

Who says they haven't? Who is to say that anything is "real". 

On 3/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, sci-nerd said:

I had that idea a decade ago, but I abandoned it, after I learned what backwards time travel would require.

Sounds more like attention seeking, than an honest proposal.

Sci, I've been preaching this in here since I joined. I have always said that UFO's may appear to be other worldly but that we must respect the possibility that they are future humans coming back in time. And since then, we now have M theory (unified string theory) backing that notion up a bit.

As far as "what going backwards requires", Sci, I'm pretty sure obstacles like that can be overcome in a billion years or five LOL   So the whole thing is, If humans find a way to go back in time a million years from now or 10 billion years, it doesn't matter, they could be HERE now.

just an opine

On 4/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, marsman said:

assuming man even makes it through the next few hundred years.....

and why on earth come back in a ufo?......why not just come back as a man on street?

besides with the amount of books and tons of internet data....any future man will have no need to come back.....they could just study all the data

What if all the data got destroyed when the sun went super nova or earth was whacked with an asteroid?

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And since then, we now have M theory (unified string theory) backing that notion up a bit.

I love your enthusiasm, so it's a bit sad to tell you, that string theory is a dead end. It has failed in two aspects: it failed to make any predictions, and it remains unfalsifiable.

Falsifiability and predictions are things that strengthens a theory, the opposite weakens it. Thus it's supporters are disappearing.

I find it a shame too, because I thought I had evidence from it, supporting another idea.

RIP String theory.
You were fun and exiting, but failed...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Who says they haven't? Who is to say that anything is "real". 

You are required to assume the reality of reality if you want to interact with someone on a forum.

Otherwise, who the hell you talkin' to?

Harte

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Harte said:

You are required to assume the reality of reality if you want to interact with someone on a forum.

Harte

GOD HAS SPOKEN!!  :o

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

Reality is real because it's the only reality that I know. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I love your enthusiasm, so it's a bit sad to tell you, that string theory is a dead end. It has failed in two aspects: it failed to make any predictions, and it remains unfalsifiable.

Falsifiability and predictions are things that strengthens a theory, the opposite weakens it. Thus it's supporters are disappearing.

I find it a shame too, because I thought I had evidence from it, supporting another idea.

RIP String theory.
You were fun and exiting, but failed...

Not so.

There is still a great deal of support for string theory, and will continue to be until something else comes along that has a better chance of explaining all this.

At the moment, there isn't anything else.

Harte

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Reality is real because it's the only reality that I know. 

Reality is subjective, and God is Schródingers Cat.

If a believer opens the box, he's real. If an atheist opens it, he's dead.

There you go, I united science and religion in one blow! :tu:

• Like 1