Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Professor claims UFOs may be from the future

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

I didn't realise I was in the fiction section.  Come on, you brought up Einstein, at least know what you're talking about.

Any time the topic is time travel and aliens, it's the fiction section.  As for knowing what I'm talking about, I post here for my own amusement, not anyone's education, and when it triggers know-it alls, believe me, I am amused.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Any time the topic is time travel and aliens, it's the fiction section.  As for knowing what I'm talking about, I post here for my own amusement, not anyone's education, and when it triggers know-it alls, believe me, I am amused.  Thanks.

Small things amuse small minds.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Yep.  I've never denied being easily amused.  I save a lot on entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, sci-nerd said:

If we could somehow make a big and stable black hole near Earth, we could skip a dozen light years. Hypothetically.

That's not how black holes work. No offence, but read some astrophysics.

Black holes are essentially just super dense stars. They don't allow for travel. They are not 'holes'. The name is a misnomer.

OK, maybe you could use their gravity to slingshot something around it, but that something wouldn't go faster than light nor would it enter other dimensions.

• Like 1

WD40 actually isnt good for things like fishing reels, or anything much, it gets sticky and attracks dust and dirt, i learned it the hard way many years ago cleaning restoring an old carnival digger crane, had to redo it, same on old pinballs and stuff like that, many better products.

So not that i believe in time travel like in sci fi flicks like BTTF or 12 monkeys but what would happen if you meet yourself younger or older? :whistle: ...my old self would tell my young self ill be playing on a UM forum. :sleepy:

The most amusing part of the thread is how many know-it-all self appointed experts are spewing they opinions as cut in stone facts....keep up the good work. :tu:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Black holes are essentially just super dense stars. They don't allow for travel. They are not 'holes'. The name is a misnomer.

OK, maybe you could use their gravity to slingshot something around it, but that something wouldn't go faster than light nor would it enter other dimensions.

Once you enter a black hole you ain't coming out...And your right the name is a nisnomer. They are essentially places in space where gravity pulls so hard that even light cannot get out..Stellar black holes I believe is what your talking about...Of course there are supermassive black holes that scientists believe were formed at the same time that the galaxy they are in.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, RabidMongoose said:

The obvious problem with the physics is we cannot prove the past still exists to travel back too.

You bring up an interesting point since we know for certain that the future doesn't exist yet.  All that really exists is the present, this moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

220px-Event_horizon_ver1.jpg.3716feb496279f9f3436c5b27db4b4f0.jpg

Oh yeah, give stephen king the jaunt a read.....

Edited by the13bats

On 3/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, Rlyeh said:

So that's why you love these threads so much?  You love injecting your smallness into other small minds, so that you can feel bigger?

On 3/24/2019 at 7:26 PM, Seti42 said:

Black holes aren't really super dense stars. A neutron star is a super dense star. When a massive star dies and transitions into a supernova, it implodes onto itself before exploding outwards. During the implosion, depending on the mass of the star, the solar material could either condense into a neutron star in which all the atoms of the star are compressed until the point they are touching and no spaces exist between them. One spoonful of a neutron star would weigh more than Mount Everest. If the star is massive enough then during the implosion the energy is so great that the atoms of the star push beyond the limits of traditional physics and create a black hole. A black hole is a place where gravity is completely collapsed through the fabric of space-time. No form of radiation known can escape a black hole thus rendering them invisible to observation. At the center of a black hole is theorized to be a singularity, a single point which is infinitely small and infinitely dense. So basically a black hole is indeed a hole in space-time. 

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

So that's why you love these threads so much?  You love injecting your smallness into other small minds, so that you can feel bigger?

Injecting my smallness?  You're clearly injecting something else into your little mind.

On 25.3.2019 at 3:26 AM, Seti42 said:

Maybe you should read a little theoretical physics?
To make a (hypothetical) Einstein-Rosen bridge (aka wormhole), you'll need two black holes. The one I suggested near Earth would be our entry point to the bridge. We would however not know the exit point (if any), before we attempt to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointing how some comments have to take a personal route, often to establish dominance or superiority of some sorts.

Let there be debate! But let it not be to validate anything but the truth or a hunt for it. Smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 24/03/2019 at 12:59 PM, spud the mackem said:

Well I've tried walking on water on the Kennet Canal ….and failed LOL

On 24/03/2019 at 1:55 PM, freetoroam said:

I tried the same thing on the Grand Union. Best we leave it to the ducks. 

Ducks can walk on water?

Well..... I never knew that.

:whistle:

• Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Seti42 said:

Us from the 'future' and/or another dimension makes more sense than aliens from another part of the galaxy,

Yeah, I personally believe that once the technology becomes a reality it will be easier and cheaper for us to explore different dimensions parallel to our own than it will be to explore vast distances across space.  I also think that visitors from these "other realms" may be the answer to what some of the UFO and abduction phenomena is. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, sci-nerd said:

If we could somehow make a big and stable black hole near Earth, we could skip a dozen light years. Hypothetically.

If we could manipulate such extreme gravities as it takes to form black holes that would soon become the ultimate weapon. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, Farmer77 said:

One of the churches I went to told kids that if UFO's were real they were time travelers because the bible didnt talk about god making Aliens.

They would have been more biblically accurate to say they were demonic in origin, sent here to undermine our faith by seeming to go counter to the bible.  That church needs help in manipulation 101 :D 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, sci-nerd said:

I couldn't agree more!

I would even go so far as to claim, that parallel universes would require some sort of upper management.
Nature would not be able to pull it off by itself. It's too delicate.

I myself believe that we are a simulation and that parallel/alternate realities are an inevitability as many different simulations would be running on the same mainframe (so to speak) at once.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, Rlyeh said:

Totally uncalled for.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

Ducks can walk on water?

Well..... I never knew that.

:whistle:

Actually i did have a video on my phone of a duck doing just that. Ok the river was iced over, but it was such a funny sight, little thing was no Torvil. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

that parallel/alternate realities are an inevitability as many different simulations would be running on the same mainframe (so to speak) at once.

Since each individual has a subjective reality, that means there are already different simulations running. 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 6:21 PM, Alien Origins said:

Once you enter a black hole you ain't coming out..

As humans we have no chance of physically getting remotely near one. The nearest one is 3,000 light years away.

And even getting near one would not be posible, so entering one is impossible.

Get too close to the black hole and you’ll be compressed beyond comprehension, perhaps into an infinitely small point.

https://www.universetoday.com/127942/closest-black-hole/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

As humans we have no chance of physically getting remotely near one. The nearest one is 3,000 light years away.

And even getting near one would not be posible, so entering one is impossible.

It's possible for one to swallow something.....And I don't know if there is one anywhere close to Earth or even in our Solar System....