Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone create their own music?

Dejarma

personally i've been writing for years- do any of you lovely people have some original stuff to listen to? just out of interest;)

peace.

dej...

Edit to add:

best i start it off i guess= Style Stab

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Used to be in several bands and did several tours. Now I just play for myself. Have a few guitars,a violin, recent addition of a keyboard. Nothing fancy, just recordings on my phone, really.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Used to be in several bands and did several tours. Now I just play for myself. Have a few guitars,a violin, recent addition of a keyboard. Nothing fancy, just recordings on my phone, really.

do you have anything to listen to?

• Like 1

Only after indulgence in lots of fresh fruit or lentils :w00t:   Seriously, though, I dearly love music and wish I had talent in that area.  I think I'd be like Ebo Walker if I could... I'd do it forever ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you’re not on the mobile site here you’ll see a do not click here warning in my footer. It’s okay, click it.  This leads to a page that has recordings going back as far as 1987 and as recent as maybe 2008 both with my old metal band and just me of music written both in part and entirely by me. I don’t think it shows on the mobile site so just google soundclick oversword to see it. There is also my YouTube page of more recent recordings of just my guitar and I recorded on the phone that you can find in this forum in one of my threads such as Groovy Things as promised.

• Like 4

On 3/23/2019 at 7:31 PM, Dejarma said:

best i start it off i guess= Style Stab

Hey, there’s nothing there.

11 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Thanks, try this:

Style Stab

Peace.

dej...

Very nice, what software were you using?

You have a really nice, professional sound.
I do make stuff from time to time, however I've always been very aware of how mediocre I was.
Since I was a kid, I noticed how quick everyone around me everyone seemed to get better at what they created (Some of the people I went to school with became professional musicians).

Yet years later, I found myself in the same place struggling to create even the simplest of songs.
That being said,Eventually I decided to keep doing my thing.

Not all of us are tallented, not all of us go on to great things. If anything the generation of kids bombarded with Hollywood movie montages, celebrities and social media Icons need to see that.
Life isn't all roses, and sometimes regardless of what you try, you will still suck.

But in essence that is life. Loved or hated, you will still do whatever you want.
I still do whatever I do.

• Like 6

I do write my own stuff, but I rarely have time these days.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, Kaikou said:

Not all of us are tallented, not all of us go on to great things. If anything the generation of kids bombarded with Hollywood movie montages, celebrities and social media Icons need to see that.
Life isn't all roses, and sometimes regardless of what you try, you will still suck.

I went through a phase in my teens where all I wanted to do was play in a rock band. Never made it past the pubs and clubs stage.

Not everyone gets to be a rock star.

A couple of work in progress pieces, for a video game I'm (very slowly) writing.

Emma's Theme.

Darren's Theme.

• Like 8

I do though i haven't made anything new or something that is worth sharing in ages. Here is one old tune though.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Emma's theme is beautiful Tiggs

Thanks, Dot. Much appreciated :)

• Like 1

my guitar and I have been making songs for about 52 years !   I can't read music ...never had a lesson ...just slowly developed my own ways of playing .   Wish I could share a couple songs, I'll work on that, ....some of you might enjoy my beautiful playing and angelic voice  :o)    I rarely play for anyone but friends have described my stuff as "country punk"...."psychedelic country and western".... but to me it's just sort of country ..or some sort of folk.   ...reminds me of Beatle songs sometimes.  Sort of Dylanesque sometimes.  Sort of 60's pop/rock sometimes......anyway I LOVE it.   Hehe.

• Like 3

This is a song I wrote a few years ago...

I wrote this song last fall.

Edited by joc
  • Like 5

On 4/14/2019 at 11:41 AM, Kaikou said:

Not all of us are tallented,

As my daughters piano teacher once said:

Practice makes talent!  :)

• Like 2

Here's just some lyrics to a beautiful little song of mine ...sorry I can't post the whole song.

I wonder sometimes is it true. . . What they say,    about Love

if Love's so great . . . Why am I blue?

if so wonderful,    where are you?!

&

If wondering . . . About Love

if what they say,   comes true 

Love's so great . . . Why are you blue?

so wonderful ,   where are you?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

No one has more music to post?  While we're waiting I'll post some song lyrics....I wrote them,mostly,on the way home from the airport after watching my wife fly off in a snowflaked night sky...on her way to London,  from T.C. Michigan.

(Big Ben's melody picked on guitar)

five hours into...the future 

i remember when, it wasn't long ago...have fun!

you always wanted to... And now, you finally do!

i guess sometimes in life dreams do come true.

( guitar bridge)

you always said you would...we all knew you could

sometimes life comes true when dreams are good!

:wub:

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lightly said:

No one has more music to post?  While we're waiting I'll post some song lyrics....I wrote them,mostly,on the way home from the airport after watching my wife fly off in a snowflaked night sky...on her way to London,  from T.C. Michigan.

(Big Ben's melody picked on guitar)

five hours into...the future 

i remember when, it wasn't long ago...have fun!

you always wanted to... And now, you finally do!

i guess sometimes in life dreams do come true.

( guitar bridge)

all around the world...every boy and girl

has a dream, to call their own

an bring truuuuuuuuue

you always said you would...we all knew you could

sometimes life comes true when dreams are good!

:wub:

Sorry, had to put in a missing verse.

• Like 1

This is a song I wrote...no lyrics...the video is me driving playing the CD of the song in my truck...

• Like 3

this link didn't work ....we'll try again

Edited by joc

I wish I had the time to dedicate to playing again.  I have a guitar, bass guitar, mandolin, banjo and various assortment of percussion instruments.  I used to play in a group awhile back but life got in the way.   I may yet return to it.

• Like 2

Up until 2006 i had band (hip-hop) but i was only responsible for making music part, beats and my friend was vocal, great one he was. With time we did grow a lot but it ended soon, partly because of jobs which took most of our time. While electronic music, techno, trance, d'n'b etc were my choice i did many trip-hop and also some sort of psy atmospheric music for chilling out, dunno what genre it might fit :D We also had guitar player who wasn't part of band but he assisted us in placing guitar instrumentals in our music. So hard i tried to play but was never satisfied with my performance with guitar :( Beautiful instrument with many uses across the genres.

Just checked my old test page on soundclick and it is still there. Those are all raw, a lot of it was done only on Roland MC-303 with help from Rebyrth software and Emagic Logic but mostly for using vst's since all recording and basic production was finished in Audition. Oh, those days.

This electronic mix was based on one early track i made and it had great chart ratings and endorsements back when placed on soundclick. Out of hundreds of tracks this one is one of my favorites, don't mind it's name, that was crazy time.

Maybe this doesn't fit into ''playing instruments'' but music can be made by using tools too, Rave on!

• Like 2

Me and my 3 mates did a cover of a classical movietheme a couple of years ago..
I play guitar and sing/growl, my wife do the female vocals.

• Like 2

double post

Edited by Herr Falukorv

• This topic was locked and unlocked