Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

million people demand new brexit referendum

Unusual Tournament

A million people reportedly march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

Hundreds of thousands of people opposed to Britain's withdrawal from the European Union have marched through central London to demand a new referendum.

After three years of tortuous debate, it is still uncertain how, when or even if Brexit will happen as Prime Minister Theresa May tries to plot a way out of the gravest political crisis in at least a generation.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/24/08/39/brexit-theresa-may-whitehall-london-uk-protest-march-referendum

• Like 1

Farage gets a couple of hundred marching for the brexit means leave and the remainers get a million. speaks for itself. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Farage gets a couple of hundred marching for the brexit means leave and the remainers get a million. speaks for itself. 

Sounds like a globalist paid effort for a do-over.  Thwarting the will of the majority can either beat them down or strengthen their resolve.  I hope it's the latter.  Centralized power over the masses with little or no representation is an age-old recipe for tyranny.  

Edited by and then
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder where all of these people were when it was voted on?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Sounds like a globalist paid effort for a do-over.  Thwarting the will of the majority can either beat them down or strengthen their resolve.  I hope it's the latter.  Centralized power over the masses with little or no representation is an age-old recipe for tyranny.  

oh not you too... the Brit's have had 3 years to make it work and they can't. no one is stopping them from leaving. Brexit just doesn't work because the alternative is an economic and political backstop. nothing stops Britain from joining Germany and France and dominating Europe. this tyranny you speak of has nothing to do with the UK.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I have to wonder where all of these people were when it was voted on?

Brexit was sold on a bunch of half truths and lies. the lies have been exposed and the people don't wish to take a backward step. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Out of the million or so protesters what % UK are nationals? How many are registered to vote? How may are old enough to vote? When you take these factors into consideration the numbers look far less impressive.

Even if all of those factors proved legitimate and this was 1 million registered voters, 1 million people in the street is not 17+ million official legally binding votes. It's not even the difference that remain lost.

Same problem as any of the online petitions with their fudged numbers. 

Just for the record, I voted remain and I'm convinced Brexit will be cancelled. But I dont believe a tiny vocal minority waving silly banners can claim be be the voice of the masses and override an official national decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Brexit was sold on a bunch of half truths and lies. the lies have been exposed and the people don't wish to take a backward step. 

So was remain to suggest otherwise is bs on your part. 

Just now, likwidlite said:

lets talk about Farage and Boris's future trade deals with europe? 

Lets talk about the NHS and all the money that was supposed to be saved?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Out of the million or so protesters what % UK are nationals? How many are registered to vote? How may are old enough to vote? When you take these factors into consideration the numbers look far less impressive.

Even if all of those factors proved legitimate and this was 1 million registered voters, 1 million people in the street is not 17+ million official legally binding votes. It's not even the difference that remain lost.

Just for the record, I voted remain and I'm convinced Brexit will be cancelled. But I dont believe a tiny vocal minority waving silly banners can claim be be the voice of the masses and override an official national decision.

Referendum was advisory. 

Also, it wasn't much less than 17+ million who voted remain too. Why are they not important?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Referendum was advisory. 

Also, it wasn't much less than 17+ million who voted remain too. Why are they not important?  

thats right Helen. what they people refuse to understand that a democracy has every right to change their minds.

the way these brexiteers carry on you'd think they were living under a communist dictatorship. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

no by and large the remain camp were far to truthful. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

i million is a massive number of people. consider that Farage could only muster a couple of hundred pensioners. 

Did you even read what I wrote?

My point was that 1 million protesters is still 261,500 short of the difference between the OFFICIAL vote results. Then if you factor in that there were a % of children and non UK nationals who don't have a vote. The number of protesters is far less impressive. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

no by and large the remain camp were far to truthful. 

A ha ha ha ha, I what alternative dimension do you live?

2 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

A ha ha ha ha, I what alternative dimension do you live?

fine name one lie tat the remain camp made? 

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i million is a massive number of people. consider that Farage could only muster a couple of hundred pensioners. 

Indeed. But you're missing my point. 1 million, 5 million, 10 million. These aren't official votes and an unknown % of the figure can't vote so their opinions mean nowt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Did you even read what I wrote?

My point was that 1 million protesters is still 261,500 short of the difference between the OFFICIAL vote results. Then if you factor in that there were a % of children and non UK nationals who don't have a vote. The number of protesters is far less impressive. 

are you nuts? how exactly did you come to that conclusion? did you do a head count...

so Farages protest march of a couple of hundred should also be subjected to your arithmetic? 

The claim in the papers here was 1 million at the protest, no need to do a head count. The difference between  remain and leave was 1,261,500. So a protest of 1 million isn't even the difference between the votes. 

The thread isn't about Farage. So no I've not included that. 

In answer to you other question. I've seen you are a regular in the other Brexit thread and this has been covered in detail there. So need for another thread covering the same thing. 

Anyhow, I've much better things to do than arguing with an aussie on the internet about something we technically agree on but who doesn't get the point I'm making. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

The claim in the papers here was 1 million at the protest, no need to do a head count. The difference between  remain and leave was 1,261,500. So a protest of 1 million isn't even the difference between the votes. 

The thread isn't about Farage. So no I've not included that. 

In answer to you other question. I've seen you are a regular in the other Brexit thread and this has been covered in detail there. So need for another thread covering the same thing. 

Anyhow, I've much better things to do than arguing with an aussie on the internet about something we technically agree on but who doesn't get the point I'm making. 

you know you're amazing... you should be my accountant. id be a millionaire many times over with you methods of calculation.  

• Haha 2

Also, the point is that a government, that has hardly scraped enough of support, seems to ignore the will of the significant portion of population (judging by the protest and petitions turnout, more than half of the population), under excuse that they care about democracy.

Either the definition of democracy is very much different in the UK than in the rest of the world, either Brexit can only be defended with lies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Also, the point is that a government, that has hardly scraped enough of support, seems to ignore the will of the significant portion of population (judging by the protest and petitions turnout, more than half of the population), under excuse that they care about democracy.

Either the definition of democracy is very much different in the UK than in the rest of the world, either Brexit can only be defended with lies. 

well said Helen. brexit is a coup de-ta. a small group of conservative MP's running down the clock to a catastrophic ending all in the name of a gloabist movement and a desire to destroy the EU entity and any thing else that poses a challenge to the U.S. 

and they're prepared to destroy the UK to do it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, likwidlite said:

Data to back that up?

• Like 2

The British government - including but certainly not limited to May - was never for a Brexit, and the EU was never for a Brexit (understatement).. The EU has been behaving like begrudged little children claiming "So you dont wanna belong to our club, well treat you as such".. more or less 'if youre not with us, youre against us' state of mind.

Now both have dragged the British people through the mud for years with economic and social pandemonium as a repeated projected result. Brexit will crash & burn, and Brittain will serve as an example for the rest.

No matter how anyone legitimizes the elitist corrupt highly inept monstrocity that is the EU (mostly economic arguments), wars have been fought to (re)gain sovereignty over foreign rule from the beginning of civilization.. There is nothing irrational in that.

To agressively protest against regaining sovereignty however, not so much. Besides all the details and scaremongering about economic meltdown (childish stance of EU will not help, granted); it stands to reason to favor rule by a British government seated in the British capital Vs a foreign government in a foreign nation. This besides the question if the EU can be designated as 'democratic', ofcourse. 

• Thanks 1