Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller threatens to stop Brexit

Eldorado

If there really is a psychic power, I don't think it should be used in this way, to undemocratically go against the will of the people expressed in a referendum just because you happen to think differently than the majority of the people did in the referendum.

• Like 5

Here is a fun fact: there are only 22 countries in the world that Great Britain hasnt invaded. That makes over 200 which they have. Don't pity them. Not that i correlate citizens with government endeavors.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Here is a fun fact: there are only 22 countries in the world that Great Britain hasnt invaded. That makes over 200 which they have. Don't pity them. Not that i correlate citizens with government endeavors.

And no one alive today had anything to do with any of that.

Or should we hate current Germans because in the past there was Hitler?

Your statement seems pretty odd 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fred_mc said:

If there really is a psychic power, I don't think it should be used in this way, to undemocratically go against the will of the people expressed in a referendum just because you happen to think differently than the majority of the people did in the referendum.

He has been caught physically bending spoons before.

Uri is a fraud.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

We haven't invaded Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (remember we are talking about countries and we made those countries) so in fact its 25.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We haven't invaded Canada, Australia, and New Zealand (remember we are talking about countries and we made those countries) so in fact its 25.

What about to the people that were already there?

Just now, Nnicolette said:

What about to the people that were already there?

You cannot invade a country that doesnt exist yet.

And the natives didnt have countries, they were 100s of different tribes. Its like trying to call Gaul a country when it was a confederation of tribes.

Edited by RabidMongoose

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And no one alive today had anything to do with any of that.

Or should we hate current Germans because in the past there was Hitler?

Your statement seems pretty odd 

Whoa there... Repeating a fact i just learned is a pretty far cry from hating someone. Plus half of my family lineage decended directly from defects from hitlers regime so i wont be hating anyone there either. 

Personally I find your statement a bit odd but maybe your day will get better.^_^

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You cannot invade a country that doesnt exist yet.

And the natives didnt have countries, they were 100s of different tribes. Its like trying to call Gaul a country when it was a confederation of tribes.

That is silly saying the people didn't get invaded because they werent recognised as part of a country and likely had very different politics. How very revealing of the nature involved.

I hope its some kind of bad joke and that he´s being ironic otherwise he´ s unwell and need some professional help.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

That is silly saying the people didn't get invaded because they werent recognised as part of a country and likely had very different politics. How very revealing of the nature involved.

Lets use the USA as a good example.

The Sioux and the Cherokee were not part of some `Indian nation` and their modern descendants would take offence to you calling them that. Each was a completely separate tribe that had little to do with each other. You need to stop eroding away the identity of separate minority groups to promote your all together worldview.

Australia is the size of Europe, it is a large land mass. You wouldnt tell a Greek that he was English would you? So please, stop trying to make out that the Aborigines were one people belonging to one nation. When the English, Germans, and Dutch, arrived in that part of the world they found 100s of separate tribes each of which were a people in their own right. There was no Australia, there was no `Aboriginal Country` spanning across the Australian land mass. It was like Europe in 0AD.

And it wasn't until the English took control of the entire land mass that Australia was even formed. By your reasoning the Romans invaded England despite the fact that it didnt exist into the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, settled here, made their own kingdoms, then unified them into a country. The Romans invaded the British Isles not the countries that now exist here.

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Whoa there... Repeating a fact i just learned is a pretty far cry from hating someone. Plus half of my family lineage decended directly from defects from hitlers regime so i wont be hating anyone there either. 

Personally I find your statement a bit odd but maybe your day will get better.^_^

"Dont pity them"

You clearly had a purpose and conditation to your "random fact". 

But if you don't want to admit it now then that's fine. 

• Like 3

@RabidMongoose @Nnicolette It's a little bit weird that you guys are equating Brexit with the countries invading countries. The EU is an exact inversion of traditional imperialist conquests. It's just divvying up race-to-the-bottom economics. Germany and France keep all Europe's manufacturing and agriculture, we Brits get to keep our precious, precious service industry and financial institutions (rock-solid basis for an economy that they are, he said sarcastically).  

• Like 2

Why does anyone even care what a fraud like Geller says?

• Like 2

Did Uri Geller inspire the makers of the movie the matrix to the phrase in the movie "There is no spoon " ;-) 

Edited by Impedancer

14 hours ago, Carlos Allende said:

@RabidMongoose @Nnicolette It's a little bit weird that you guys are equating Brexit with the countries invading countries. The EU is an exact inversion of traditional imperialist conquests. It's just divvying up race-to-the-bottom economics. Germany and France keep all Europe's manufacturing and agriculture, we Brits get to keep our precious, precious service industry and financial institutions (rock-solid basis for an economy that they are, he said sarcastically).  

Well... except for Ukraine

• Like 1

11:11 am/pm of local time? Uri was surely playing truant.

19 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

The UK has a history of being invaded and attempted invasions. The Romans, Saxons, Vikings, and Normans invaded the UK. Then the Spanish, Dutch, French, and Germans tried to invade.

Back to the topic. What I find magic is how Uri Geller has spun out a decades long career and earned millions from doing a few very basic conjuring tricks.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:06 AM, RabidMongoose said:

He has been caught physically bending spoons before.

Uri is a fraud.

I thought that you said that the UN is a fraud, my mistake carry on. ^_^

On 3/25/2019 at 1:08 AM, RabidMongoose said:

True,and us Aussies are working hard to make our land as colonial as is possible, going back to environmentally friendly candles, doing away with electricity, and walking about with placards on boards.

23 hours ago, Impedancer said:

I hope its some kind of bad joke and that he´s being ironic otherwise he´ s unwell and need some professional help.

Fiverr is the place for such things!

B)

It'd be great if you could stop the idiocy and self-defeating hatred of white nationalism with telepathy. If this works for Brexit, lets try it on Trump!

Uri should mind his own business. Its up to the brits to decide not a telepatic prima donna.

8 hours ago, Mr Supertypo said:

Uri should mind his own business. Its up to the brits to decide not a telepatic prima donna.

The only deal possible is a no-deal because the EU are acting to prevent all other leave options.

Uri has already lost lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Thanks 1

NEWSFLASH

"Spoon-bender Uri Geller clearly meant business when he said he would single-handedly stop Brexit using his telepathic powers.

The illusionist has taken credit for causing a flood in the House of Commons last night which saw MPs suspend their session after water started gushing from the ceiling.

The magician and ardent remainer says he bent the pipes in the roofing and told MPs he ‘wont apologise’ because they ‘all deserve it.’"

Full story: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/05/uri-geller-claims-he-caused-commons-roof-leak-with-his-psychic-powers-9120201/?

• Haha 1