Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schoolgirls getting botox to look like celebs

Eldorado

"Dr Nick Lowe, of west London, who is one of the dermatologists who pioneered the treatment in the 1990s, said it was an ‘extremely sad and very worrying’ situation.

He said: ‘Girls are having treatment at an age when they don’t need it — we’re seeing body dysmorphic syndromes and a terrible loss of self- confidence."

At the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6844219/Schoolgirls-young-13-seeking-Botox-mimic-celebrities.html

"Teenagers line up for Botox jabs to mimic celebrities."

"Low self-esteem is fuelling a rise in girls seeking a treatment they think will make them happier."

Original report at the (paywalled) Times: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/teenagers-line-up-for-botox-jabs-to-mimic-celebrities-hbwx8knv7

• Sad 6

The last thing we want to see is ugly teenagers!

If they can't pout properly, give them Botox. If they are four-eyed, give them laser eye surgery. If they put on weight, give them free cigarettes.

;)

• Haha 3

Toxic, superficial society, sadly; this will only get worse.

#Devolution

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"Teenagers line up for Botox jabs to mimic celebrities."

I can't believe this is even allowed.  <_<

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

Toxic, superficial society, sadly; this will only get worse.

#Devolution

Sociopathic media. :hmm:

• Like 2

I know that social media has its good and bad points, but it's mainly bad, IMHO.  If I had the switch in front of me, I would flick it to Off.

Edited by acute
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Sociopathic media. :hmm:

Wish it was that simple. It has become much more than that imho, our whole culture - well, not so much yours; Id suppose we would be much better off if you lot invaded and conquered us instead of vice versa.. (and banned alcohol / substance abuse, because that does seem to be a major weak spot) - has been engraned with a certain level of synthetism (as in non natural), shallowness, sheer stupidity.. it can hardly be blamed on (social) media alone.

Its a kind of chicken & egg situation isnt it; which one came first? The mainstream media deliberately painting a false distorted reality and thereby deluding and in fact dumbing down people, or the sheer stupidity of the people for accepting these evident skewed narratives on numerous levels? I mean, people have to be of a certain type of development to accept this idiocy, youd have to wonder..

Edit: to be perfectly clear about my referral to your culture: I think it perfectly fitting for the present zeitgeist that your people, wielding a vastly superior culture in many, many ways, is in the state it is now. Up is becoming more and more down, and down is becoming more and more up, were living in an increasingly inverted reality. And people are more and more becoming unadulterated caricatures of a human being.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Its a kind of chicken & egg situation isnt it; which one came first? The mainstream media deliberately painting a false distorted reality and thereby deluding and in fact dumbing down people

Don Henley predicted it in the 80s.

Toxic fashion is far, far older than social media. Examples off the top of my head...Waist cinching/corsets, removing ribs to make waist smaller, neck stretching, skull elongation, foot binding, lead makeup, high heels, toxic hair dye, toxic clothing dye etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What was his name again Dr Love ? If you want to look like a pike or an ugly duck face then you botox. You dont have to botox to get such lips just eat some habanero. 

10 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Toxic fashion is far, far older than social media. Examples off the top of my head...Waist cinching/corsets, removing ribs to make waist smaller, neck stretching, skull elongation, foot binding, lead makeup, high heels, toxic hair dye, toxic clothing dye etc.

Yup.

Also, let's be honest. The real thing is "Parents are paying for their teenagers to get botox to resemble celebrities." 

• Like 2

Not even just teenagers. I remember seeing something about little beauty pageant kids getting Botox a couple of years back. Mothers injecting the kids  themselves :/

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Not even just teenagers. I remember seeing something about little beauty pageant kids getting Botox a couple of years back. Mothers injecting the kids  themselves :/

Beauty pageants are a different, horrible beast. That's something that I think should get a parent on a watch list.