Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Clock?

Bendy Demon

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/austrian-bishop-allows-jesus-clock-made-from-upside-down-corpus-with-broken-arms-to-be-installed-in-church

I didn't know where else to put this, I am not a believer but I found this "clock" to be rather disgusting and disturbing.

If this is indeed a real article then I have to wonder who they hire to be implemented as a 'Bishop'.

To the person who gave the "Ha-Ha" response:

Personally I don't think it is funny at all but disrespectful to the church and everyone that goes there.

Edited by Bendy Demon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Thats disgusting and sick

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

I didn't know where else to put this, I am not a believer but I found this "clock" to be rather disgusting and disturbing.

Bishop Hermann and his "artist" mate did have a disturbing and sick idea. I'll give him that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

If this is indeed a real article

Extracts from their "About" page:

LifeSiteNews.com emphasizes the social worth of traditional Judeo-Christian principles but is also respectful of all authentic religions and cultures that esteem life, family and universal norms of morality.

The service was originally started by Campaign Life Coalition (CLC), a Canadian national pro-life organization headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Campaign Life Coalition, founded in 1978, was one of the first pro-life organizations to emphasize the international dimension of attacks on life and family. Along with a few other groups it pioneered pro-life lobbying at United Nations conferences. CLC president, Jim Hughes, is currently also vice-president of the International Right to Life Federation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Thats disgusting and sick

Snap out of it! It's hilarious!

It's so rare to see self-mockery among religious people, so when it happens, it's a cause for celebration, not frowning! :sk

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

This is hilarious. I would love to have a clock like that.

You people are too easily offended. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Umm, isn't he right side up at 6:00?

So, OK, the bishop's taste is all in his mouth, but he's a happening guy:

https://international.la-croix.com/news/new-bishop-in-austria-favors-women-deacons-married-priests/6055#

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Snap out of it! It's hilarious!

It's so rare to see self-mockery among religious people, so when it happens, it's a cause for celebration, not frowning! :sk

Im not religious i just think it's sick and morbid. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Impedancer said:

Some of us enjoy morbid things

• Haha 1

Arrgh i dont want to end up as a clock with my legs as pointers 

20 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

This is hilarious. I would love to have a clock like that.

You people are too easily offended. 

I am not offended, just baffled. 

It looks gruesome and the fact that the Jesus statue is upside down does not exactly convey respect.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

3 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Arrgh i dont want to end up as a clock with my legs as pointers 

I know that "fun" in Sweden is very different from most of the western world. So here's a quick tutorial:

Tragedy + time = Humor.

A Jesus figurine acting as a clock - 2000 years after his death - is funny! Very funny!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

I am not offended, just baffled. 

It looks gruesome and the fact that the Jesus statue is upside down does not exactly convey respect.

So? The gruesome part is why it's so funny.

I don't care about respecting jesus. That's for followers of that garbage to worry about

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

A spinning cross maybe, but a clock? 

I think its a bit disturbing. Its bad enough seeing a body nailed to a cross, now the poor guy is going to be sideways and upside down.

I can never understand why the image of a man dying on a cross is a symbol of a religion promoting peace.

If he had been hung or beheaded, would they have used a man hanging with a noose round his neck or a body with the head at his feet as their symbol? Actually, they probably would.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

If he had been hung or beheaded, would they have used a man hanging with a noose round his neck or a body with the head at his feet as their symbol? Actually, they probably would.

John the baptist

Image result for john the baptist beheaded statue

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

John the baptist

Image result for john the baptist beheaded statue

Yeah that is just so biologically not posible. But it fits in with some of the other crazy stories in their book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bendy Demon said:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/austrian-bishop-allows-jesus-clock-made-from-upside-down-corpus-with-broken-arms-to-be-installed-in-church

If this is indeed a real article then I have to wonder who they hire to be implemented as a 'Bishop'.

To the person who gave the "Ha-Ha" response:

Personally I don't think it is funny at all but disrespectful to the church and everyone that goes there.

You're wasting your time trying to make a pro-Christian point on this site.  The great majority consider themselves far too wise to believe in scripture or God.  Thanks for sharing, just the same.  These events just reinforce in the faithful that the time of His return IS near.  "Every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"  :tu:

36 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I know that "fun" in Sweden is very different from most of the western world. So here's a quick tutorial:

Tragedy + time = Humor.

A Jesus figurine acting as a clock - 2000 years after his death - is funny! Very funny!

Duh we Swedes love Brittish humour Monty Python, Bottom, Black Adder. Fawlty Towers.im not religious,  It would have been funnier if it was a real corpse. :-P i guess i was thinking in the terms of having that thing in my own home then it gets sick and kind of disturbing and im not offended by it some art is disturbing to some but not to others whatever rows your boat.

Edited by Impedancer

27 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So? The gruesome part is why it's so funny.

I don't care about respecting jesus. That's for followers of that garbage to worry about

I care about the basic respect of other peoples religion (within reason)  regardless of what I personally think of said beliefs.

What I find particularly disconcerting is how our society has become increasingly dismissive and flippant towards anything that even hints at basic respect, common courtesy and decency.

I am no believer nor do I ever intend to become one but I am not going to go out of my way to thumb my nose at those who chose to be.

However, concerning that image of John the Baptist...what the hey?....

Anyways..I was not really looking for a heated debate so I apologize for ruffling feathers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, and then said:

You're wasting your time trying to make a pro-Christian point on this site.  The great majority consider themselves far too wise to believe in scripture or God.  Thanks for sharing, just the same.  These events just reinforce in the faithful that the time of His return IS near.  "Every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"  :tu:

I was not really trying to make a "pro-Christian" point especially since I am not one myself. I just do not understand the motivation a bishop would have to do this.

If he wanted morbidity then save it for halloween but otherwise...mockery has no useful place in a church setting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bendy Demon said:

I care about the basic respect of other peoples religion (within reason)  regardless of what I personally think of said beliefs.

What I find particularly disconcerting is how our society has become increasingly dismissive and flippant towards anything that even hints at basic respect, common courtesy and decency.

I am no believer nor do I ever intend to become one but I am not going to go out of my way to thumb my nose at those who chose to be.

Anyways..I was not really looking for a heated debate so I apologize for ruffling feathers.

How is the saying in english "dont make a hen out of a feather " :-) i agree with you on the respect part. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

I do not, so...

It's always been this way. Nothing has changed.

John the baptist was beheaded. There's is literally centuries of art depicting this. Painting, reliefs, statuary, etc

I still think the clock is great and would love to have one myself

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I still think the clock is great and would love to have one myself

If the disgust is widespread enough, I'm sure it'll be available on Amazon before the month is out ;) 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, and then said:

These events just reinforce in the faithful that the time of His return IS near.  "Every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"

Yeah? No! Never in a million years will I bend knees to anyone.

I like Jesus, don't get me wrong. But he ain't coming back. He's been dead for almost 2000 years. The rumor of his resurrection is basic conspiracy stuff, made in a time with zero medical knowledge and 100% superstition. He's more dead than a rock. He's so dead, that "dead" might not even cover it as a word. He's ancient dust, spread out and mixed with the wind, rain and dirt. He's everywhere, but not alive in any sense.

Amen.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, and then said:

Image result for and the angel said why are you hitting yourself

• Haha 3