Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

Gold leaf lady debunk?

77 posts in this topic

Piney
9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Gold had been used as a treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis for a very long time. And had been shown to alleviate symptoms, well beyond the placebo effect. Which raises the question of the mechanism, which would be hard to isolate, given that the cause of the complaint is unknown.

Rheumatoid arthritis is a auto-immune response. You white blood cells attack your bones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Habitat
1 minute ago, Piney said:

I want to see a study where it uses "electrical current" to remove foreign microbes, As for being "anti-inflammatory". It must be absorbed-oxidized in the bloodstream. Since it's "noble" (i.e. inert) and does not oxidize . It's not. There is no study saying anything other than it's a vehicle for substances to ride on. 

Show me the study that demonstrates is just a carrier. You are just positing a theory, maybe the idea of the very high electrical conductivity of these metals ( particularly silver) playing a role is just a theory, or maybe it is more than that.

Piney
6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Show me the study that demonstrates is just a carrier. You are just positing a theory, maybe the idea of the very high electrical conductivity of these metals ( particularly silver) playing a role is just a theory, or maybe it is more than that.

It's common knowledge and right online. You are the one positing a "theory" and since it isn't backed by a study it's not even that. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloidal_gold

• Like 1

Habitat
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's common knowledge and right online. You are the one positing a "theory" and since it isn't backed by a study it's not even that. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloidal_gold

I think you'll find the efficacy of colloidal gold is not confined to delivering drugs, it has been used for hundreds of years, well before the drugs existed.

Piney
11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

maybe the idea of the very high electrical conductivity of these metals ( particularly silver) playing a role is just a theory, or maybe it is more than that.

Until studies show it's "more than that", we will never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I think you'll find the efficacy of colloidal gold is not confined to delivering drugs, it has been used for hundreds of years, well before the drugs existed.

Herbs are drugs and mine are well studied by Harvard. 

• Like 3

Habitat
Just now, Piney said:

Until studies show it's "more than that", we will never know.

And given that silver and gold are not patentable, you probably never will know. But I know nanoparticle silver does work for me, and the biggest problem probably is the kidneys remove it from the blood too quickly, requiring many small doses a day, overnight then being the main problem.

Piney

And given that silver and gold are not patentable, you probably never will know. But I know nanoparticle silver does work for me, and the biggest problem probably is the kidneys remove it from the blood too quickly, requiring many small doses a day, overnight then being the main problem.

In all seriousness. You might be just keeping your illness in remission. I would get a round of blood work done. Certain viral and bacterial infections can stay in remission for years and really bite you in the ass later in life. 

• Like 3

Habitat
Just now, Piney said:

In all seriousness. You might be just keeping your illness in remission. I would get a round of blood work done. Certain viral and bacterial infections can stay in remission for years and really bite you in the ass later in life. 

I have been on the medical merry go round with zero results, Lyme disease is not recognized to exist in Australia, but many thousands of people, including myself, have had many of the classic symptoms. Blood tests come back negative, and they will not prescribe Doxycycline without a positive. In any case, I have had it too long for antibiotics to be effective, you have to get in early. It has become a political football with Senate inquiries, but the govt just dodges the issue, not wanting to spend money to identify the organism causing it.

Piney

I have been on the medical merry go round with zero results, Lyme disease is not recognized to exist in Australia, but many thousands of people, including myself, have had many of the classic symptoms. Blood tests come back negative, and they will not prescribe Doxycycline without a positive. In any case, I have had it too long for antibiotics to be effective, you have to get in early. It has become a political football with Senate inquiries, but the govt just dodges the issue, not wanting to spend money to identify the organism causing it.

I didn't realize that. You would think with all the horse and cattle swapping between the U.S and Australia it would be there. Not every animal is vetted properly.   

I know Lymes has to be treated early. It's crippling if not.  

I'll pm you some anti-inflammatory germ killing herbal ideas. I don't give them public

• Like 1

Habitat
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'll pm you some anti-inflammatory germ killing herbal ideas. I don't give them public

Sounds interesting, I have tried a few things, but without effect. I think a multi-pronged approach would be the way to go, but I can't find the "prongs", other than the silver, and there is only one supplier of the nanoparticle (no-ionic) variety out here, in the US "Mesosilver" would be the same/similar type of thing.

• Like 2

Piney

Sounds interesting, I have tried a few things, but without effect. I think a multi-pronged approach would be the way to go, but I can't find the "prongs", other than the silver, and there is only one supplier of the nanoparticle (no-ionic) variety out here, in the US "Mesosilver" would be the same/similar type of thing.

I just sent you some prongs. I'll call my sister and get some more. She's in O'ahu and still asleep now. 

• Like 1

Opus Magnus

That is weird. Correlating with the Morgellon's thread. One of the suspicions for Morgellon's disease is that Lyme disease causes it. Though, most places try to debunk Morgellon's as psychosomatic. I find it a little coincidental that now Lyme disease is said not to exist in some places too. 

Habitat
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I just sent you some prongs. I'll call my sister and get some more. She's in O'ahu and still asleep now. 

Thanks for your help, I am probably better served talking to people in the US than here, the doctors here are no help, and just parrot the line that it does not exist here, but the test is based on overseas organisms, the local one clearly dodges it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Piney
5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Thanks for your help, I am probably better served talking to people in the US than here, the doctors here are no help, and just parrot the line that it does not exist here, but the test is based on overseas organisms, the local one clearly dodges it.

Buggies evolve pretty quick and sometimes hide. The HIV virus will "hide" when it's dormant sometimes. 

• Like 1

Piney
14 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

That is weird. Correlating with the Morgellon's thread. One of the suspicions for Morgellon's disease is that Lyme disease causes it. Though, most places try to debunk Morgellon's as psychosomatic. I find it a little coincidental that now Lyme disease is said not to exist in some places too. 

No, I've explained what studies have said about Morgellons. 

the13bats

I have always been a bit less believing of physical manifestations, despite having experienced a few myself. The psychic claims - I have been dead on in some instances, and other times gotten utterly nothing.

Thats called "chance" or "coincidence" you cant embrace your own experiences while dimissing those of others its self centered and unfair.

As far as simple slight of hand, no, its still not,

Sure a speck appears that very well could be a slight,  but the big sheets with fragile little bits flaking off, no, that wasnt done by slight, perhaps you are mistaken that im going in the directions of paranormal, wrong, just the opposite.

The witnesses all seem to be reputable people.

Not to me, many times a "doctor" will be the big witness and champion in cases like these,  thoughtographer  Ted  Serios had Jule Eisenbud a psychiatrist, janic carter had Igor Burtsev with sasquatch, nope they didnt seem at all reputable to me.

I noticed even in this thread misinformation is being spread, never once has any witness flimed the foil forming on katie, its always after the the fact, i believe this one is a big old fake with her champion helping apply the big sheets or diverting attention while she does so, there is no way to slight and get the end results she gets, more trickery is going on.

The only real reason it hasnt been fully debunked and explained is no one felt like wasting the time.

Okay guys return to arguing about the health pros and cons of silver, on that i want to add an anecdote you can look up and i believe it true,

JFK had a lot of health isses some known some hidden and his personal doc shot him up daily sometimes more than once a day with a concoction that included a lot of highly addictive not healthy long term pain killers,

His brother bobby being a busy body asked JFK after seeing him given the injection one day whats in that?

JFK replied i dont know doc says its fine, bobby said im getting a lab to give me the ingredients, JFK replied to bobby to the effect of, go nuts, i dont care wtfs in it i dont care if he is shooting me up with deer p***, its the only thing that gets me out of bed thru my day and allows me to function.

So in that "IF" habit believes his silver helps him i support it fully, in this case "belief" IS enough.

• Like 2

Herr Falukorv

Yeah lyme disease isn´t fun at all. I´ve had it twice.
Its quite common here

Letting the cats sleep in my bed isnt the best idea I know.
My record is having seven ticks in the morning when I woke up... :td:

• Sad 2

the13bats

Several Years back I first saw Morgellons on a cheesy tv version of click bait of weird unexplained topics, stuff like sky jelly, red rain, etc,

the idea of little colored fibers was weird and intriguing,  i tried to look it up online and very little was known, after a brief hunt seems only a bit more is known now im lazy so rather than surf and find answers myself give me some info, is the fibers part true and is the body producing the fibers or are they the result of some organism?

This is very sci fi weird creepy to me.

Kenemet
6 hours ago, Habitat said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3413009/

Gold doesn't form compounds, so it has no function in metabolism or anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Several Years back I first saw Morgellons on a cheesy tv version of click bait of weird unexplained topics, stuff like sky jelly, red rain, etc,

the idea of little colored fibers was weird and intriguing,  i tried to look it up online and very little was known, after a brief hunt seems only a bit more is known now im lazy so rather than surf and find answers myself give me some info, is the fibers part true and is the body producing the fibers or are they the result of some organism?

This is very sci fi weird creepy to me.

All the cases of "fibers" were ingrown hairs, dead capillaries and plain old psychosis. . 

• Like 1

the13bats
14 minutes ago, Piney said:

All the cases of "fibers" were ingrown hairs, dead capillaries and plain old psychosis. . 

And there goes the mystique out the window,

So the fibers were not "produced" :sleepy:

On you guys eating silver and gold, i recall late 80s early 90s Goldschläger hit a big trend in clubs here and some bartenders would put some flakes from an empty bottle into the next bottle and so on, same idea with agave worms,

Ive seen cats do a shot that was mostly flakes, and others have contests who could eat the most worms...just bar fun and games.

• Like 2

Piney
7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ive seen cats do a shot that was mostly flakes, and others have contests who could eat the most worms...just bar fun and games.

I was the hulking bodyguard who just drank coffee and cranberry juice. I was very adverse to participating in "The Stupid".

• Like 1

the13bats

Coffee...thats a coffin nail in a cup,  me, i owned a club where people drank.. a lot, me, i dont use drugs, drink or smoke

Rlyeh

In the video one of the men says the gold appears on the woman's skin, do they actually show this happening?