Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth could be under 'galactic quarantine'

UM-Bot

"Cognitive evolution on Earth shows random features while also following predictable paths. By considering the regular and random components together, we can expect the repeated, independent emergence of intelligent species in the universe, and we should expect to see more or less similar forms of intelligence everywhere, under favorable conditions."

The "favorable conditions" which created the Earth was a series of extremely rare events. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Piney said:

The "favorable conditions" which created the Earth was a series of extremely rare events. 

I don't know. Earth seems pretty perfectly hospitable but also maybe we are just suited to it because we are from here. There must be decent conditions on thousands and thousands of planets around us still. Can we even be so sure that nobody was already around to help achieve the hospitable conditions here?

• Thanks 3

Goldilocks doesn't live there anymore ...

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I don't know. Earth seems pretty perfectly hospitable but also maybe we are just suited to it because we are from here. There must be decent conditions on thousands and thousands of planets around us still. Can we even be so sure that nobody was already around to help achieve the hospitable conditions here?

Most sun like stars are surrounded by gas and ice giants. Ours isn't because Jupiter's migration cleared most of them them out and Mercury was close enough to the sun to be stripped of all it's layers. Thus allowing the Earth to form

The " goldilocks zone"  around red dwarfs is a solar flare and radiation death trap.

Then you need a big enough moon to stabilize the planet's rotation and create internal "tides" allowing a magnetic field to be maintained. 

'Super Earths" are really "mini-Neptunes". The atmosphere would be too thick for fire or bi-pedalism.  Thus no technology. 

• Like 7

Given what we know of planet formation and what we are now just discovering about the sheer propensity of planets in our own galaxy alone, odds are that life exists on hundreds of thousands of worlds.

Personally I think the sad truth is that life is too fleeting, too fragile to survive for the length of time required to become interstellar, that the early universe and newly formed systems are too chaotic to be conducive to life for prolonged periods.  And by the time the dust has settled and the chances of extinction level events occurring within a particular system are reduced to an acceptable level, the planet is no longer capable of sustaining a cycle of life.

In reality, the key must be to leave some sort of artefact behind that successive species might be able to use to elevate themselves technologically at an accelerated rate so that all our combined knowledge is not lost to the ages. 

• Like 3

Over a decade of intensive searching has yielded a lot in my life, but not one source comes close to the Law of One material (aka the Ra Material) when I look for extreme purity of Truth. It is the clearest transmission of information I know of, in my personal judgement. It has the following to say about quarantine:

Ra: I am Ra. Every effort is made to quarantine this planet. However, the network of guardians, much like any other pattern of patrols on whatever level, does not hinder each and every entity from penetrating quarantine, for if request is made in light/love, the Law of One will be met with acquiescence. If the request is not made, due to the slipping through the net, then there is penetration of this net.

Questioner: Who makes this request?

Ra: I am Ra. Your query is unclear. Please restate.

Questioner: I don’t understand how the Confederation stops the Orion chariots from coming through the quarantine?

Ra: I am Ra. There is contact at the level of light-form or lightbody-being depending upon the vibratory level of the guardian. These guardians sweep reaches of your Earth’s energy fields to be aware of any entities approaching. An entity which is approaching is hailed in the name of the one Creator. Any entity thus hailed is bathed in love/light and will of free will obey the quarantine due to the power of the Law of One.

Questioner: What would happen to the entity if he did not obey the quarantine after being hailed?

Ra: I am Ra. To not obey quarantine after being hailed on the level of which we speak would be equivalent to your not stopping upon walking into a solid brick wall.

Questioner: What would happen to the entity if he did this? What would happen to his chariot?

Ra: I am Ra. The Creator is one being. The vibratory level of those able to breach the quarantine boundaries is such that upon seeing the love/light net it is impossible to break this Law. Therefore, nothing happens. No attempt is made. There is no confrontation. The only beings who are able to penetrate the quarantine are those who discover windows or distortions in the space/time continua surrounding your planet’s energy fields. Through these windows they come. These windows are rare and unpredictable.

Questioner: Does this account for what we call “UFO Flaps” where a large number of UFOs show up like in 1973?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

Edited by Rolci
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

This is literally from A South Park episode. Actually two episodes. In one, earth is a reality TV show where aliens put many different species into the same planet to watch what happens. It's the most popular reality show in the universe. In the other episode, earth got in trouble for lying to the universal police force and were deemed untrustworthy and blocked out of the galactic federation.

They literally stole this idea from South Park

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Taun said:

Why would an alien species give two hoots in heck about us? If you travel more than 100 Light years away, our sun is so small and insignificant that it would be all but invisible... The "radio bubble" around our system would be so weak that it would be all but undetectable unless you were really looking for it, and maybe they aren't curious - or use some other form of mass communication (like smoke signals)... For all we know we could be the most technologically advanced species for thousands of light years in any direction...

There are just so many reasons why we haven't encountered another species - from they don't exist to they don't care - that it's pointless to even postulate a theory...

(I believe they are just angry that we cancelled "I Love Lucy", and aren't talking to us out of spite)... 

They passed through the solar system just 207 years ago - but there absolutely no sign of life swimming in the atmospheres of any of the four planets in the Sol system .....

A quick radio scan of the hot rocks orbiting close to the Sun also revealed nothing.

Next annual survey due in 8471AD

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rolci said:

Over a decade of intensive searching has yielded a lot in my life, but not one source comes close to the Law of One material (aka the Ra Material) when I look for extreme purity of Truth. It is the clearest transmission of information I know of, in my personal judgement. It has the following to say about quarantine:

Have you ever considered getting you head checked?  :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If aliens are like us, there would be a lot of outlaws who don't care about laws and rules so even if we were under quarantine, there would be a lot of criminal aliens visiting us. No, I don't believe in the quarantine theory.

Edited by fred_mc

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

There has not been favorable conditions for life through a large part of earths existence and going far into the future there won't be again with the exception of primitive lifeforms that can exist in extreme conditions.  The reason we have not, and probably will not encounter species from other worlds in our universe is that both we and they will exist for a limited time and those times very well may not be occur together (while we exist they are protoplasm in an ocean thousands of lightyears away and by the time they evolve we will be long extinct).  Why would anyone "help" create conditions if not to move here themselves?  As a favor to some single celled organisms? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

That all sounds quite reasonable to me, too. The various objections raised to a densely inhabited galaxy are not nearly as convincing, nor as certain, as some would make them out to be. Of course these objections will apply in some cases. However, science gives us grounds for expecting there to be billions upon billions of potentially habitable planets in our galaxy. If even a very small fraction of these currently happen to have conditions favorable to life and intelligence, the galaxy may well be rich with civilizations.

As Dr. Fermi noted, even at sub-light speeds these civilizations could have expanded their territory to include the entire galaxy, long, long ago. The question he posed  was, and is, a legitimate one: 'Where are they'? This meeting of international scientists has proposed a good and reasonable answer: we're protected, just as certain remote groups of people on this planet are protected from contact with Earthly civilization.     

• Like 1

If humans were intelligent, we'd leave other cultures alone. Look at how much harm and hate have come from colonialism?
My guess is that if sentient aliens exist and know of us, they are taking the high road and leaving us be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No way that stupid lowly humans happened by chance and got to where we are without all kinds of ET help, ranging from dna tampering to helping achieve the hospitable conditions to technology that no way any could have happen on its own, no way man.

THECONFESSIONALS1.JPG.jpg.d39b0a7a1dc27cc2c0e31603cc36753a.jpg

Budding is right....:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Does anyone remember the Outer Limits episode where giant outer space ants were sent to Earth?   Turns out they were sent because they were exiles and undesirables that were sent to be destroyed by us because they knew we would kill them whereas the senders lacked the capacity to execute.  I've been saying that for decades now that maybe we are the ones in "time out" because we simply don't know how to act right even with our own kind much less a whole thriving civilization of diverse aliens.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

If humans were intelligent, we'd leave other cultures alone. 

Never happen.  If there is stuff to be learned they will be exploited one way or another, if non sentient they would be studied intensely and likely poked and prodded in all sorts of interesting ways, if sentient contact would be established one way or another.

14 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Look at how much harm and hate have come from colonialism?

Why must contact with an alien race be in adversity?  Colonialism would be highly unlikely given the difficulty we have getting even 4 people out of earth orbit.

17 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

My guess is that if sentient aliens exist and know of us, they are taking the high road and leaving us be.

Why?  Because Gene Roddenberry?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Never happen.  If there is stuff to be learned they will be exploited one way or another, if non sentient they would be studied intensely and likely poked and prodded in all sorts of interesting ways, if sentient contact would be established one way or another.

Why must contact with an alien race be in adversity?  Colonialism would be highly unlikely given the difficulty we have getting even 4 people out of earth orbit.

Why?  Because Gene Roddenberry?

There are instances of groups of people who remain intentionally uncontacted, and are protected from contact with the outside world. The Inhabitants of North Sentinel Island, in the Indian Ocean are a well-known example of this. There are many uncontacted groups in tropical areas, around the world. Brazil has seven 'Terras Indigenas', areas reserved strictly for uncontacted peoples. 

If humans do this, is is so unimaginable that highly advanced civilizations could do the same with an entire inhabited planet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

Edited by bison
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, bison said:

There are instances of groups of people who remain intentionally uncontacted, and are protected from contact with the outside world. The Inhabitants of North Sentinel Island, in the Indian Ocean are a well-known example of this. There are many uncontacted groups in tropical areas, around the world. Brazil has seven 'Terras Indigenas', areas reserved strictly for uncontacted peoples. 

If humans do this, is is so unimaginable that highly advanced civilizations could do the same with an entire inhabited planet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

Yes but this is a very ‘human’ notion

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Piney said:

:lol: What utter horse manure! 

Yeppers this is a great way to have an intelligent conversation...

5 hours ago, Piney said:

What do you base this belief on? We have just recently been able to actually spot planets on other suns and have already found that most suns have planets and a lot of them have planets in the zone where liquid water is possible. We are not sure yet how many may actually be just right for life similar to ours. There are probably even more that have life but it isn't similar to us. On this one planet, there doesn't seem to be very many places that life has not developed even when it is intense and bizarre. If life can flourish at the bottom of the deep ocean bottom in total darkness in water that is several hundred degrees that opens up a lot of possible planets as being able to support life.

5 hours ago, Taun said:

Why would an alien species give two hoots in heck about us? If you travel more than 100 Light years away, our sun is so small and insignificant that it would be all but invisible...

Why do people care about some stupid little animal that is an endangered species on the other side of the world? We in the US spend a ton of money every year supporting various wildlife preserves all over the place. Very few of us will ever actually see one of these creatures face to face... many of them we wouldn't WANT to meet up close. Why do we waste our resources on life forms that will never have any effect on us?

As I read this topic I was amazed that so many feel that TV episodes are important sources of information.  This isn't a new thought by any stretch. The first time I encountered it was back in the 50s. It actually would explain a lot of things. I suspect that any species that survive long enough to find a way around the distances between suns would have to be a lot different than us. We spend most of our energies dragging each other down. Until we grow up, if that is even possible for us, we will never get much more advanced than we are now. When I was a kid we went to space and to the moon. We built the fastest aircraft yet made. Other than toys that mostly are used to dull the mind not much has happened in the last 50 years. 

I suspect that a further evolved species of intelligence would understand that our struggles were a part of our evolution and that any interference would poss2ibly have disastrous effects on us. They probably would look at us a lot like we would look at a bunch of raving lunatics in an insane asylum. Give us time and we will either grow up or we will go extinct.

Our planet is an intelligence test. It gives life a certain amount of time to grow and develop and then if it doesn't get off then it kills most of the life forms and starts again. The clock is ticking...and we are going backward. Our watchers may care or we may be like life in a Petrie dish to them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mantis914 said:

Does anyone remember the Outer Limits episode where giant outer space ants were sent to Earth?   Turns out they were sent because they were exiles and undesirables that were sent to be destroyed by us because they knew we would kill them whereas the senders lacked the capacity to execute.  I've been saying that for decades now that maybe we are the ones in "time out" because we simply don't know how to act right even with our own kind much less a whole thriving civilization of diverse aliens.

Lets hope it turns out like the movie the abyss

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DanL said:

What do you base this belief on? We have just recently been able to actually spot planets on other suns and have already found that most suns have planets and a lot of them have planets in the zone where liquid water is possible. We are not sure yet how many may actually be just right for life similar to ours. There are probably even more that have life but it isn't similar to us. On this one planet, there doesn't seem to be very many places that life has not developed even when it is intense and bizarre. If life can flourish at the bottom of the deep ocean bottom in total darkness in water that is several hundred degrees that opens up a lot of possible planets as being able to support life.

6 hours ago, Taun said:

You didn't read my 3rd post. There is more astronomical data on why we are probably the "odd man out" but I didn't put it all there.

Liquid water is good for life but you need the right atmospheric conditions for fire (i.e. technology). 

• Like 4